It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage be Legal?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Gays should not be married. Homosexuality is a psychological and mental illness. It can be cured.

I bet the Nazi's said simular things of the Jews...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Originally posted by masterp
Gays should not be married. Homosexuality is a psychological and mental illness. It can be cured.

I bet the Nazi's said simular things of the Jews...

The nazi's said similar things about homosexuals, too.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
Gay marriage is disgusting!! Couples should only be male and female (just like magnetic attractions --> positive and negative).

Ok, that is a perfectly valid opinion to have. Some have the opposite opinion to yours. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of who else may agree or disagree. So, with that being said, neither side can be used when choosing a course of action for ALL people.

Plus you have to take into account that not everything is as convenient as comparing binary pairs or polar opposites. Human existence is way more complex than simple dualistic method involving equal opposing sides.

I don't even have to put forward my side of the debate as its clear, gay marriage it morally wrong and have many bad effects on the evolution of mankind and psychology and learning of future generations. End of story.

You're right, you don't have to put forward YOUR side, but you did. Now the important thing is whether or not you consider a side that isn't YOUR side.

1.) You say it's morally wrong. Well, I say morals are no more Universally True than opinions are, so why treat them as if they are Universal Facts. Example: At one point drinking alcohol was considered Morally Wrong and made illegal. Now it's ok. Some think Oral sex is Morally Wrong, some don't. Some think it is Morally Wrong to eat meat, some think meat is Good Eatin'. So obviously Morallity is not a very stable or acurate way to try and solve such conflicting ideals.

2.) You say it has many bad effects on the evolution of mankind. Well, first I'd like to know exactly what those Evolutionary Effects are and how they are so critical as to worry all of mankind. If you mean Mankind will suffer because Same-Sex Pair Bonding doesn't support the framework for child birth, you do have a point, but it's not a significant point that threatens Mankinds Evolutionary progress. Believe me, there is still plenty of male/female child producing acts happening that far outway any concern you may have. Also, if procreation is in such immediate trouble, why not go after anyone who is celebate? They aren't even trying to meet Evolutionary Needs part way, while atleast Gays are technically doing their part and it's evolution that needs to adjust.

3.)You say it causes problems for future generations in terms of Psychological Stability and Education. Well, first I'd love to hear the how's and why's behind your knowledge of the Future to such a finite degree. Next I'd like to hear about the benifits of Forced Lifestyles upon peoples Psycological progress. Where do the Lessons and Wise Practices such as 'Unconditional Love', 'Compassion', 'Tolerance', 'Self Sacrifice', 'Fairness and Equallity' fit inside a society that forces everyone to Feel, Emotionally/Mentally/Physically, in ways that not everyone does in fact Feel?

This is nowhere near "The End" of the story either. No matter how much you fear and hate something, which you could easily just ignore instead of fight anyway, it will not go away just because YOU want it to. I wish you luck in your struggle against the Ever Changing Variety of Natures Rule though, even if you can't win.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First I would like to say that not everyone who is against gay marriage hates.

Nor do they all want to repress gay people.

This should be as a matter of law, not anything else.

Morally - not universal
Religiously - not universal
Scientifically - not proven one way or the other

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
First I would like to say that not everyone who is against gay marriage hates.

Nor do they all want to repress gay people.

This should be as a matter of law, not anything else.

Morally - not universal
Religiously - not universal
Scientifically - not proven one way or the other

Wow KJ, that's the most logical thing I've heard agaist gay marriage this whole thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by THENEO
Society is not completely certain of the origin of the concept called being 'gay.'

I want to know if it is legit or not. It has nothing to do with numbers.

What do you mean by 'legit'? Are you questioning whether or not those who claim to be gay really are gay? (Gay being the attraction toward Ones own gender in a sexual manner.)

If they are all doing it as some kind of trick against all those who aren't in on the joke, I'd say it is certainly one hell of good organization and teamwork of liars. Not to mention the purpose of such a time consuming and life altering joke doesn't make much sense either. So I'd say it's fairly legit.

I mean would you choose to be sexually active with another person of your gender if you didn't honestly want to?? I don't think they are all admit one day in a some joking way, "Ah ha, we made all of you people believe we were gay and liked it. Ha Ha, we fooled you!!"

I want to know if it is a natural biological abberation or a psychological condition.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I want to know if it is a natural biological abberation or a psychological condition.

I was once told that alot although not all are actually born that way. They told me how but I forget now, I'll have to ask them again and get back to you...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Why? Are you trying to figure out why you're attracted to men?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

LMFAO!!! That has to be the most hilarious thing I've read all week!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not too happy,

UH? since when?

sorry you have me confused with someone else mate.

I want to know the story on gays because the way to deal with this problem will be easy.

if they are a naturally occuring biological analomy then they automatically deserve rights, if not then they are a form of mental deficient.

I watched a sickening show on TV last night, it was an English documentary on CNN and it delved into the world of human trading and sex slaves and child prostitution in Romania.

I saw a park in Paris France where many young boys parade around to be picked up by sick French Pervs. One boy the reporter talked to was only 14 years old and his own father was prostituting him out. They said they were doing it for money. So my question is with this kid, Is he gay by nature or is it learned behaviour?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was just kidding NEO, I forgot the
guy.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I watched a sickening show on TV last night, it was an English documentary on CNN and it delved into the world of human trading and sex slaves and child prostitution in Romania

And this has what to do with gay marriage?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

No the most hilarious thing I have read all week are your lame ass posts.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

*ZING!*

link   

Not too happy,

UH? since when?

sorry you have me confused with someone else mate.

I want to know the story on gays because the way to deal with this problem will be easy.

if they are a naturally occuring biological analomy then they automatically deserve rights, if not then they are a form of mental deficient.

I watched a sickening show on TV last night, it was an English documentary on CNN and it delved into the world of human trading and sex slaves and child prostitution in Romania.

I saw a park in Paris France where many young boys parade around to be picked up by sick French Pervs. One boy the reporter talked to was only 14 years old and his own father was prostituting him out. They said they were doing it for money. So my question is with this kid, Is he gay by nature or is it learned behaviour?

intentional or not you have just compared normal consentual gay people to prostitutes, which is not cool man and is not comparable at all.

These boys you speak of are forced to do what they do because of other people or for money, they don't enjoy it.

link   

I have grown up around farm animals and can say without a doubt that it occers in the animal kingdom also, I have seen cows that had to be artifically insemamated because the bulls liked each other.

Right now my wife has two tom cats which one is as Gay as you get. The other is stright which makes for some enteraining evenings

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I watched a sickening show on TV last night, it was an English documentary on CNN and it delved into the world of human trading and sex slaves and child prostitution in Romania

And this has what to do with gay marriage?

Hmmm, you didn't read my entire post did you? I am trying to determine if gay behaviour has basis in biology or if it is a 'lifestyle choice.'

If it is a lifestyle choice than society is not obligated to accord the same benefits upon gays as it is to heterosexuals. The reason being that heterosexuals by way of procreation perform a very valuable and important service to society and thus deserve societies support more than people that live together in a relationship that does not provide the same benefits to society.

In other words answer this: which relationship provides more benefits to society that society would want to expend resources to support it or reward it:

heterosexual marriage or gay marriage?

why do you think gays are fighting so hard to obtain children now, they know without the ability to raise children with social support that they cannot win this debate.

link   

LMAO!! Touche.

link   
When are you going to grow up?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hmmm, you didn't read my entire post did you? I am trying to determine if gay behaviour has basis in biology or if it is a 'lifestyle choice.'

I think I answered that in my second post. I have seen it throughout most of the Mammels I have seen so IMO yes it is natural.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join