It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact Has Begun - A True Story With James Gilliland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How typical of people, to focus in on the worst quality picture, or the orbs aspect, and then give up on the whole phenomenon prematurely

To me, the big picture is that he has testimonials from MANY eyewitnesses, he has other big names in Ufology supporting him, he claims to have 80 HOURS of video footage, including footage of Greer and CSETI vectoring in "countless" ships there - AND, he doesn't charge anything for people to go there and check it out!!

This merits further investigation, ATS!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

How typical of people, to focus in on the worst quality picture, or the orbs aspect, and then give up on the whole phenomenon prematurely

just wanted you to know i did not post those pictures to discredit your thread.

i believe all sides of this coin must be examined because of obvious reasons.

nobody imho has fully debunked anything so far so i am still on the fence with Gilliland.

this is why we need an independent research team to check this out and then we could make a more concise decision about his credibility.

To me, the big picture is that he has testimonials from MANY eyewitnesses, he has other big names in Ufology supporting him,

i totally agree...there has to be something substantially occurring for this to be.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
James claims to have video footage of Dr. Steven Greer and CSETI vectoring in "countless" ships at the Mt. Adams ranch?? Hmmm.....

Now that's what screws the credibility of a person, in this case James who claims Steven G has the power of vectoring in countless alien craft!! Where have I heard this before? Oh man, like aliens are loyal poodles at the beck and call of Mr Greer! He's really gone over the edge. I'm afraid James is not far behind!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
mikesingh, no disrespect intended, as your research is always awesome, but here you are making the same mistake as others and jumping to conclusions and being too quick to poo-poo something.

If James claims that Greer went there and did a training and "countless" ships showed up and were captured on film, the FIRST thing we should be asking is, well can we SEE this footage?? Can he send it to us, or can arrangements be made for someone to go there and check it out, make copies of it....?

As easynow said - ATS needs a field research team for situations like this!

What if people really are having sightings and contact experiences there on an ongoing basis, as James claims? Do we not owe it to ourselves to Seek The Truth and find out if this is true?

Originally posted by mikesingh
Now that's what screws the credibility of a person, in this case James who claims Steven G has the power of vectoring in countless alien craft!! Where have I heard this before? Oh man, like aliens are loyal poodles at the beck and call of Mr Greer!

Look, there's a simple explanation for how this could be - which is that the ET are telepathic. And indeed many contactees say exactly that!

In which case, contacting them via meditation and higher states of consciousness is a perfectly plausible method.

Again, try not to poo-poo things before they are correctly investigated!

If a link between meditation, higher states of consciousness and Contact can be established and proven - that could change EVERYTHING, don't you think??

[edit on 15-3-2008 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For heaven's sake people... Instead of steaming into a thread with cries of fake!... Scam! ... Debunked!... etc, try a bit of open-minded skepticism instead.

Fake?... Why?? ... Links, explanation, theory, expand on your blanket assertion.

Scam?... Why?.... same as above

Debunked?... Where?... A definite proof-positive, intensive debunking... or a load of pseudo-skeptical opinion being passed off as fact??

I'm really starting to despair at the general attitude in this forum. I'm really close to just giving it a complete miss.

A simple 'fake' 'scam' or 'debunked' is about as useful as a completely blunt pair of scissors and just as frustrating

to the OP ... good luck with the thread

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well it's Judgement time!

Or something like it....

I've seen that doc now, did it convince me in any way that they are seeing something?
Yes they did, they are probably seeing alot of things.

Here is where they will get problem of convincing anyone, it is more or less directed at our spiritual growth.
Many probably just stopped watching it when that was brought up.

Alot of people are just really tired of this spiritual stuff that is out there.
And they also use this to discredit these people.

But i've always wondered, why is the spiritual ways so bad when it comes to ufology?
Is it because it changes the direction of what we believe about ufo's/aliens/interdimensional beings.

Or is it somehow intruding on your own belief in any way?
How would we know if whatever it is that controlls these vehicles are spiritual or not?

As i am not much into religion or any other spiritual engagements myself, i wont discount the possibility that others are into it.

Just my 2c.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Like a few posters here, I too have doubt and frustration over orb photos. I believe that when there may be evidence it tends to get dismissed when there is so much of it.
For example, (extreem I know) I saw a ufo when Saturn was in retrograde, while hearing the voices of my dearly departed grandmother and photographed ectoplazm and orbs I witness the yeti howling.
The problem with that is people who are open ideas tend to get open to many ideas and then they get "mushed" together and every incident turns into an extrodinary experence.
But, I will be watching this thread and listening. You guys are great at filtering out the "good stuff".
Skip

[edit on 15-3-2008 by starskipper]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
what about the black helicopters he mentions, these seem mighty interesting!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Thanks very much for your support, Dagar - it means a lot!

James Gilliland seems to have a lot going for him - hundreds of eyewitnesses, credible people backing him, hours of video footage, plus he seems very easygoing and much easier to work with than Greer

He deserves a proper investigation IMHO!

Balez:

I'm also disappointed that so many are turned off as soon as there's mention of anything spiritual. The Gifts of the Spirit are meant to be a source of great joy and empowerment!

Being able to simply meditate and expand one's consciousness and begin to have UFO and Contact experiences, that is an incredible and wondrous and beautiful thing folks!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbeater

Good point spoonbeater - if there's nothing really going on there, why is he being buzzed by black helicopters?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Where's the proof of him being specifically "buzzed" by black helicopters?
And even if we have said "proof", what evidence do we have that the government didn't just do this to lend credibility to one of their disinfo operatives?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

You got me there, but then again, where's your "proof" that James is a disinfo operative?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

None, but without the black helicopters he's nothing special.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
And this is how religions begin.

Notice how people that want to believe in something are willing to completely shut down any sort of rational thinking process and follow people like this guy and Dr. Greer without any legitimate evidence to back up their claims.

Ever wonder how religions, based entirely on man-made myths like Christianity and Islam, ever became so powerful? Well this is how.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

ROFL Riposte!

The whole point of encouraging Team ATS to investigate this is to GET THE EVIDENCE.

If James says he has footage of Greer vectoring in "countless" ships, how is it being "irrational" to suggest that someone go there and get copies of the footage?

How is it "needing to believe" or starting a "religion" to suggest that Team ATS go there with A/V equipment and do their own investigation?

Nice try, but you're way off....

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
If James says he has footage of Greer vectoring in "countless" ships, how is it being "irrational" to suggest that someone go there and get copies of the footage?

It's not being irrational. I wasn't even addressing that.

How is it "needing to believe" or starting a "religion" to suggest that Team ATS go there with A/V equipment and do their own investigation?

Nice try, but you're way off....

Again, strawman.

This guy and Dr. Greer go on and on and on with stories and tall tales without ever presenting any reliable or legitimate evidence. These men are behaving like every con-artist in history who built religions, like the warmongering Mohammed and the sociopath L. Ron Hubbard.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm halfway through and let me tell you that I am completely hooked!

This guys evidence is extraordinary!

I will give me full 2 cents when I am done watching

Great thread!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

[edit on 15-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Hi Balez,

I think you make a very valid point.

*note to all*
I always find it amusing when people instantly think something is discredited by the merest whisper of the 'S' word ... (spirituality that is).

In fact I think it's a pretty egotistical reaction when you stop to think about it ! My reasoning behind this logic is because by definition, aliens must be different to us (humans).

We derive from the multitude of accounts given by contactee's that the majority of communication during these encounters is in fact telepathic ... not vocal as is the 'norm' for the majority of us in our everyday life.

Another common link in such accounts indicates that aliens must have the ability to teleport in some way ... whether this is via some form of technology or power of the mind is not certain, as far as I know. But either way they are often reported to appear beside someones bed without using conventional methods such as doors etc ... kind of 'now you see them, now you don't' and vise-versa.

Ok, I'm sure you catch my drift with these examples and are probably wondering where the hell I'm going with this ?

The point I'm trying to make rests with the word 'spirituality'

Most people who are dominated by left-brain logic appear to have a built-in safety mechanism that slams down the shutters whenever words of this genre get used ... often resulting in something akin to an allergic reaction.
You only have to read some of the posts on this thread to see what I'm talking about. 'spirituality, agghh ! Fake'.

Now don't go getting defensive about my previous comment all you left-brainers ... it's not intended to be derogative in the slightest. Let me explain;

Spirituality per sae, does not ultimately have to represent religion or God necessarily (either in the orthodox sense or the occult sense). Granted this is the typical meaning but 'spirituality' can just as easily represent the understanding (or attempted understanding), of the mysteries that surround us, but from a different perspective.

(example analogy); Imagine looking at an item (say for argument sake, your computer screen), through a pair of dark lensed sunglasses ... then imagine swapping them for a pair with rose tinted lenses ... and then another pair with yellow lenses. In each case we see the same computer screen ... but through each different coloured lense the screen takes on a slightly different look.

Now apply that approach (metaphorically) to all things 'alien/ufo'. First look at the information/images/videos with a cool logical eye ... then take another look at the same information/images/videos with a more abstract eye. By doing this we get a 3D view of the subject ... we get to walk around the working model instead of just looking at a 2D picture.

Whichever side of the fence we approach the subject from, the reality is (at this moment in time) none of us know for sure what the truth is ! But we are all looking for that truth.

Earlier in the post I mentioned the differences between human/alien ... and I personally believe that we can't talk/understand about alien without the dreaded 'spirituality' because they are intricately entwined (for all the reasons I've just mentioned) ... therefore they can't be seperated. We just have to get our heads around the fact and stop those shutters slamming down ... because everytime we allow this to happen it prevents us from finding the truth ... even if that truth turns out to prove that the whole alien/ufo thing is a load of b~@@~cks.

Ok, I'm starting to ramble now so I'll just step away from the keyboard ... funny, it seemed so clear and concise in my head.

Woody

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
This guy and Dr. Greer go on and on and on with stories and tall tales without ever presenting any reliable or legitimate evidence.

I don't understand how hundreds of eyewitnesses and hours of video footage isn't "legitimate" evidence....

These men are behaving like every con-artist in history who built religions, like the warmongering Mohammed and the sociopath L. Ron Hubbard.

Note that there's a difference between religion, which is about doctrine and dogma and scripture and ritual - and spirituality, which is about personal experience.

I don't see Gilliland or Greer pushing "religion" at all, just spirituality.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
The point I'm trying to make rests with the word 'spirituality'

Most people who are dominated by left-brain logic appear to have a built-in safety mechanism that slams down the shutters whenever words of this genre get used ... often resulting in something akin to an allergic reaction.
You only have to read some of the posts on this thread to see what I'm talking about. 'spirituality, agghh ! Fake'.

That's nice. You're guilty of the exact same thing you are accusing me of. Hypocrite perhaps?

Contrary to your preconceived beliefs and uncontrollable urge to jump to erroneous conclusions, spirituality does not set of any alarm bells in my head. What prompted my post was the ridiculous, unverifiable story telling that Mr. Gilliland shoves down your throat.

There is no legitimate evidence presented from this guy or Dr. Greer... that I have yet to see that is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join