It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On My Faith and My Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
does anybody think this all come about due to hillerys digging dirt games on obama? id seriously P*ss myself if it was....

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My question is why is this breaking now and not months ago? Anybody that listens to Sean Hannity knew about this a long time ago. It's amazing how more informed talk radio listeners are. I guess the media's honeymoon with Barack Hussein Obama is over.

Hussein Obama's repudiation of his pastor is a little too late. He attended this church for 20+ years, no wonder why his wife hates America so much.

I guess if you are trying to cover your Muslim roots, Hussein Obama thought this church would be the next best thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
What is wrong with what he said?

I think "God Damn America" is pretty accurate. This country has nothing to be proud of. We kill innocent people, start un-warranted wars, spy on our own citizens, torture people, sit by and watch our government tear our nation to shreds, give money to some dictators and then turn around and go to war with others, etc..

I'm embarrassed to be an American citizen, and I'm confident in saying I am not the only one. In fact, I'll go on the record as saying every single American citizen should be ashamed of what this country has become.

Your leaders do all those things, not you as a people. Americans are some of the nicest people ive met and youve been saddled with a government which is exactly the opposite. And before you try and say that Bush was democratically elected etc etc, dont forget what happened in Florida. We all know how this monkey of a president got into power.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Gotta say it shows a lack of judgement! This is the only weak spot so far for Obama. The pastor uses the N word also...another tough one! He is going to need to explain this in some detail.

I have know about this for awhile too was wondering when someone would light the match! Here we go!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I must be the only person who doesn't care about this political garbage.

I don't care what church Obama goes to. He is not this nations savior.

I'm sure all the people who believe Obama was the next Christ for this country.... I'm sure they are wringing their hands and trying to absolve Obama of any connection to the church. That's fine. That's politics. But I don't care about this kind of politics.

Neither Obama or Hillary were ever going to save this country. Neither is McCain. If they weren't running for President we wouldn't care about any of this...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

And before you try and say that Bush was democratically elected etc etc, dont forget what happened in Florida.

You got that all wrong. But being from a foreign country I can understand the confusion.

The correct phrase should be, don't forget what happened in Tennessee. If ALGORE wins his home state of Tennessee, Florida doesn't matter. The people that ALGORE represented rejected him.

Just had to set the record straight once again.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Qoelet

Hi Qoelet,

While most churches in the US aren't as direct in saying they are a black or white church. Sadly Sunday morning is the most segergated hour in the US. Aside from the often corrupt large mega churches, most churches in the US are usually all white, black, or latino with maybe a sprinkling of people of other races. For example you can go to a average sized church that seats maybe 300 people and see two or three black or biracial families in an all white church. Or you can go in a church of the same size and see two or three white families or biracial families in an all black church.

So while his preacher is gaining attention because of his inflammatory words. It draws attention to the shame and stain on America that even after all these years we are indeed still very segregated on Sunday morning. Both black churches and white. And before people go screaming about how this isn't true and there church is mixed. I say yes there are SOME mixed churches, but across the country in most churches the American melting pot is not represented.

Another thing I wanted to ask is would this still be an issue if Obama was Greek and went to an all Greek Orthodox Church. Or how about if he was Jewish and went to a temple with only Jewish people. Or if he was from North Jersey and when to an all Italian mass. Or if he was a Southern Baptist and when to an all white Baptist Church. How about an African Episcol where the preacher is often white and the whole congregation black, whould that make this better. I'm just putting these thoughts out there to draw contrast not to start a race arguement. So those of you who like to spew underhanded racist remarks they are not needed.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
Trinity United Church of Christ - About Us

Well it doesn't say 'No Whites' but yes it is clearly a 'Black' church... interesting as a European to see this ethnic Christianity, which is clearly wrapped up in the pre and post Civil Rights black experience. Does that make it discriminatory? That is not rhetorical, I am asking what people from the US think on this?

I don't think a black church, just because it is a black church, is necessarily--or even usually--discriminatory. It just ministers to a mostly black congregation.

Martin Luther King once said that Sunday morning is the most segregated time of the week.

It's true that caucasians and African Americans haven't integrated their churches to the extent we have integrated in other areas of our lives. I partly blame the white churches for not paying enough attention to the specific needs of the African American community. In the meantime, we don't call mostly white congregations(and there are many) racist, so why call black ones that?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
People go to a church near there house. If you live in a largely white area, you go to a largely white church. If you live in a largely black area, you go to a largely black church, that isn't racist, it's common sense. If a church says we cater to a certain race, then you are racist, period. Another example, I (hypothetically) own a Burger King. We usually serve whites, because we operate in a white suburb, sometimes we serve blacks. I (hypothetically) own a Burger King. We "only" serve whites, because we operate in a white suburb, we "never" serve blacks. See the difference?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I don't think a black church, just because it is a black church, is necessarily--or even usually--discriminatory. It just ministers to a mostly black congregation.

Obama's 'church' prides itself on being self segregating. It calls itself a 'black church'. In it's mission statement - 9 of the 10 items are black centered and segregate non-blacks out (support black business, be faithful to your true homeland - africa, etc). Blacks go out of their way to go there - even if they don't live in the neighborhood.

ndn.newsweek.com...

VOTERS REMORSE will be the most said phrase in the news if Obama is elected.

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I don't care what church Obama goes to. He is not this nations savior.

You should.

The fact that Obama could sit through the crap that was spewed there .. sit through it for 20 years .. goes to tell alot about his beliefs and his own bigotry. The fact that Obama says Wright is 'like an uncle', and that Obama picked the words of Wrights sermon to be the title of his own book says that he agreed with him.

It's more than just the church Obama went to. He had a VERY CLOSE relationship with Wright. This is HUGE for a person running for POTUS. HUGE.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the response on my side question.

I do find the question interesting, as i don;t nec think that a Church that seeks to help enpower a certain ethnic community is nec 'racist', even if it has a very specific racially based (self help) agenda.

I think that this stuff actually gives Obama some Character!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Read THIS STORY

PROOF!

We all knew Obama was telling lies ...

Obama WAS IN THE PEWS (we knew it!)
Obama NODDED HIS HEAD IN AGREEMENT (we knew it!)

There is NO WAY that he was a member for 20 years and didn't know what was going on there. There is no way that he 'didn't agree' when in fact he was sitting there nodding his head AND donating money to this 'cause'.

Heck, even Oprah Winfrey (who was a member) had enough brains to quit years ago when the anti-white and anti-America bigotry got going. She didn't sit there nodding her head. She got up and left and quit the racist cult.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Acutally CNN is reporting that the stories of him actually being there were indeed false.

CNN

Some old sermons delivered by Wright came under fire after an ABC News report last week.

Obama was not, as some reports placed him, in attendance the day Wright delivered his controversial comments, according to his campaign. But it would be difficult for him to distance himself completely from the retired minister of the Chicago church where Obama has worshipped for two decades.

But anywho, what do you guys think of his speech he made today.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
Obama was not, as some reports placed him, in attendance the day

Actually, the report says that HIS CAMPAIGN claims he wasn't there.
There are others who say they saw him there - nodding his head.
Others who were not biased.

READ THIS

This morning - Obama says that his church isn't a 'crack pot' church and he now DEFENDS that racist pig Wright. So much for Obama not being a part of that garbage.
Obama's true colors are showing ... He's green (no experience) and he is a liar.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
No bigger a liar then Hillary who claimed to be under sniper fire in Bosnia..well the was a whooper if I ever heard one and CBS has the video the prove it.
All three candidates have flaws we are going to have to do as usual and pick the lesser of the 3 evils.

For the record im an Independent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join