It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
yeah, an article that defines worthy, ha ha, thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack, the only thing i came up with was a dictionary result here

well, i did come up with another site, its pretty funny, but dosn't relate to worthy worthy to be worthless

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Taxes are good if they are spent wisely and properly but as we have clearly seen over the years they have not. I still think the tax code sucks! It is not fair. We should be taxed properly on what we spend, not what we earn. Plus, do we have to be taxed on everything we do in our lives? IMO, the government doesn't care about how they spend our taxes. They keep on wasting even when we speak out. So what do they do? They turn a deaf ear.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
they most definately turn a deft ear, they don't spend our hard earned money wisely, it makes me soooo mad!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
taxes are for loosers

thats why i never pay them i always start an argument with the store clerk

Me : IM NOT PAYING THE TAX YOU HOBO
Clerk : well sry sir its regulations
Me : Rules are for Saps
Clerk : do you want me to lose my job??
Me : your job sucks anyways you probably make 5.5 dollars every hour
Clerk : feels embarrased *shuts up* *pays tax for me*

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
taxes are for loosers

thats why i never pay them i always start an argument with the store clerk

Me : IM NOT PAYING THE TAX YOU HOBO
Clerk : well sry sir its regulations
Me : Rules are for Saps
Clerk : do you want me to lose my job??
Me : your job sucks anyways you probably make 5.5 dollars every hour
Clerk : feels embarrased *shuts up* *pays tax for me*

lmfao, im gonna have to try that sometime,

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I wouldnt mind paying taxes if the money was used wisely, but its not lol, so basically if the irs and govt think they are in the right to raise my taxes again and again how about show me where its going? How about a itemized bill on my paycheck and a statement at the end of the year to show me where my money is being spent or should i say pissed away lol

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If we elected better representatives this wouldn't even be an issue. We don't. So we are left to bitch and moan about paying too many taxes. I don't mind paying, honestly, as long as it's fair. And, I'm not going to argue with a clerk over 12 cents, that's just thick. My goodness there is more to life than money or the things you can buy with money. That is half of our problem. Freedom isn't free as someone said...we pay for our lifestyle and the quality of our lifestyle. Don't pay taxes and we'll look like 3rd world slums.

...and I take issue with anyone calling Americans fat, lazy tards...stop buying into that stereotype of your own people. We are just as productive (if not more) as everybody else!!! Folk that degrade american life and culture piss me off more than paying taxes.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Taxes shmaxes!!!!!!

According to our lovely Laws......
You only pay taxes (federal that is)
by the state that orders so. If I remeber correctly
Washington DC is not a state, therfore does not have the right required by law to make us pay taxes.

People to this day still fight this and lose...
hence I still Pay mine

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
well, if they are gonna tax the crap out of us, the least they could do is spend our hard earned money on something good, like i said before, helping OUR people first, not helping other countries!!!!!!

That still does not address the issue of using money wisely or carefully. It can be wasted at home too.

Furthermore what ensures the future strength of a nation is a GOOD investment in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
If we elected better representatives this wouldn't even be an issue. We don't. So we are left to bitch and moan about paying too many taxes.

you know what? I always vote, every election, and for the town elections too, and I vote for who I think will do the best job (and not raise taxes) and since I vote in every election, and the people I pick never win, I have every right to "bitch and moan"!! Because I didn't elect the SOB that raised the taxes!!!

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
well, if they are gonna tax the crap out of us, the least they could do is spend our hard earned money on something good, like i said before, helping OUR people first, not helping other countries!!!!!!

That still does not address the issue of using money wisely or carefully. It can be wasted at home too.

Furthermore what ensures the future strength of a nation is a GOOD investment in my opinion.

youve got a point, our money can be wasted at home, as well. and I don't know if the future strength of a nation is a good investment or not. because some day, all the nations that we have poured our time and money into, are not gonna like us still having a say and they are gonna start a war against us. and of course, we arn't gonna like that, and go to war with them, and PRESTO WW3. in my opinion, we should keep our noses out of these other countries, if they are going to self destruct, let them. that was completly off of the taxes issue, but its the way i feel.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweeker
I wouldnt mind paying taxes if the money was used wisely, but its not lol, so basically if the irs and govt think they are in the right to raise my taxes again and again how about show me where its going? How about a itemized bill on my paycheck and a statement at the end of the year to show me where my money is being spent or should i say pissed away lol

didn't address this in my last post. but youve got a great point, where is the list that says what our hard earned money is being spent on??? I would love to see it!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
the government loves the smell of money...the whitehouse is filled with cold hard cash just to let MR BUSH smell the money he made

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why all thoses taxes? Cuz the government is the greediest entity that have ever existed.

We're getting robbed blindly.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Why all thoses taxes? Cuz the government is the greediest entity that have ever existed.

We're getting robbed blindly.

what is there to say? that is the truth...........

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
the government loves the smell of money...the whitehouse is filled with cold hard cash just to let MR BUSH smell the money he made

Where is all this money coming from?

Or do you like to just throw out some Bull# and see who agrees with trite one-liners?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Where is all this money coming from?

Us. It's called taxes.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So Mulder, what you are saying, is that Bush steals from tax revinues.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
Do you think a black Jesus who drank risky caffeine while fighting the battle between good and evil would post here? I didn't think so!!!

Actually, I had just always wanted to say that. You helped me to realize my dream and I thank you for that.

That was effing great ManWarrior, I'm glad you did say it. I laughed my black jesus OFF!!! You just tipped the scales in the battle for Good and Evil. I don't know to which side, BUT WHO CARES?!!! You are a credit to your unit, yourself, and the ATS Army.

As for why we pay, and pay, and pay again?

Taxes make the world go 'round, baby!!!

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
yeah, taxes may make the world go round, and i'd have no problem paying them, like i said before if i didn't have to pay them over and over for the same exact things, or if they spent our HARD earned tax dollars for something good

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
So Mulder, what you are saying, is that Bush steals from tax revinues.

It's quite possible with everything he's fooled us in so far. Bush is not on my A list.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join