It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software "hiccup" undermines trip past Saturn moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Software "hiccup" undermines trip past Saturn moon

A software malfunction prevented a key piece of equipment on the Cassini spacecraft from recording data as it flew through the plume from a geyser shooting off a moon of Saturn, NASA said late on Thursday.

NEWS ARTICLE

A software malfunction.. yeah .. ok

Effects the only thing that could mess up what they are actually their for....yeeeeaaahhh ... o.....k

So what is it they don't want us to know/see?

[edit on 14/3/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ZOMG...It must be a conspiracy!!!

Nice try.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It would seem on ATS at least lately that NASA are covering up an awful lot and also giving out lame excuses.

In my opinion NASA is becoming a laughing stock a complete outfit of ignorance. What shocks me is that they honestly believe we buy all these excuses.

NASA still treat the people of 2008 as they did with the people of say 1968 and they honestly believe they have pulled the wool over our eyes.

NASA needs an up to date Public Relations dept not some defunct excuse department

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
ZOMG...It must be a conspiracy!!!

Nice try.

what has nice try got to do with it , many many people here on ATS believe that NASA are less than forthcomming with the truth on most occasions .. here maybe is another example..

this is a conspiracy site after all.. so i say NASA how convenient!!

[Edit spelling]

[edit on 14/3/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

You try building a space probe and writing software for it before you criticize NASA. You have 0 proof of foul play here.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Chromatico why you all defensive of NASA????

If you have reasons to believe NASA and all they say then make your point via a valid explanation as to why you feel this way.

Its not only people in NASA that write software heck millions of people do however NASA is just a little bit coy on the truth with events. This has nothing to do with the fact that people build probes and write software it has to do with NASA as a body, A goverment body.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

You try building a space probe and writing software for it before you criticize NASA. You have 0 proof of foul play here.

Of course i have zero proof the craft is a long long way away and access for me would be difficult.

The only 'Truth' we have is what comes out of thier mouths.. they have the Data we do not .. they could tell you anything at all and you would HAVE to believe it.

This is just a speculative theory yes .. now were should i post that?...nm

jra

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Exactly.

When I saw the news of the software glitch. I just knew a thread like this would be posted. I think some of you just don't understand how difficult this stuff is. And since it's a software glitch, it should be fixable.

And there are many more planned Enceladus flybys coming up later this year, some through the plumes. So NASA has more chances to get it. Perhaps you should wait till those happen before crying foul?

new topics

top topics

join