It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did NASA blot out this anomaly?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm unapologetic.

I try to be helpful when I have something to offer and guide people to the reality of a situation so, at the end, they might be armed with more knowledge for future cases.

You are the same way and I think it has helped ATS greatly. Have you noticed how people (*cough* Mike *cough*) are doing actual research and referencing actual source material now instead of just screaming about what some internet clown has manufactured? It seems to me this started in the infamous "City on Mars!" thread where the point was hammered home. Now look. Mikey's a Subject Matter Expert. Coincidence? I don't think so.

But sometimes, like in this thread, people need to be taken down a peg. Maybe next time the submitter will have their act together and actually know what they are posting about before coming in here with both barrels blazing and their pants around their ankles. It seems the subby took heart so good on them.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
I'm unapologetic.

But sometimes, like in this thread, people need to be taken down a peg. Maybe next time the submitter will have their act together and actually know what they are posting about before coming in here with both barrels blazing and their pants around their ankles.

This kind of attitude is neither needed nor appreciated on ATS.

You were already warned for making one liner sarcastic remarks... you really think that it's 'enlightening' to throw out a dozen lol smileys and snicker about the OP?

You aren't taking anyone down a peg - behavior like that takes ATS as a whole down a peg.

We don't need snobs or elitists on this forum. Likewise, Mods will deter you from 'bringing people down a peg' for the sake of your own enjoyment.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

We're not here to take each other down a peg, we're here to help each other learn and expand.

Patient explantations can go a long way, you know.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ok, I'm relatively new to ATS but even in the shrot time I have been here I've noticed a disturbing trend here in the threads. It seems that instead of having a mature debate regarding the validity of posts its turning out to be more of an insult slinging grudge match of "I'm right" "no your not, I am!" crap. I thought the whole point of this site was to bring and share information to the threads and have an adult discussion (either for or against) on the topic at hand. This was a great post whether or not the image was an original or a CGI skinned one. It takes us out of our proverbial selfish boxes and introduces us to new possibilities.

I don't claim to know who is right or wrong for sure, but either way the thread made me think "what if?" isn't that what this is all about?

Great thread OP
even though it has been done before from Mike, it still shows us another vantage point.

The overlying statement of ATS seems to be "Deny Ignorance" but few here seem to live by the mantra of this site. Instead we get people so quick to be rude and ignorant to the ideas of someone else's topic so much that they stoop to insults to get their point/beliefs across. If thats not ignorant, I don't know what is.

lets try and keep the forum civil and open to thought.

Again sorry, I know its off topic but.....GRRR I suppose closed mindedness makes my blood boil

GREAT POST OP!!!!!
looking forward to everyones opinions without the malice.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Congrats on resurrecting debate on this Crater Hale phenomenon previously so thoroughly researched and posted by Mike Singh in his previous thread.

My take on this whole subject, for what it's worth, is this.

Whether these precise images from Crater Hale actually show evidence of intelligently-built/manufactured structures may remain debatable, here on ATS and elsewhere. When taken with 'the face' and images of other apparent structures on Mars, they build a picture which year by year becomes at least interesting to a 'case not yet proven' degree to perhaps even compelling, if not yet convincing to all of us.

I think we should view this in the context of the now widely recognized official/covert information embargo on the whole subject of ET interaction with Earth. The evidence, for anyone who really bothers to research the subject properly, is really beyond reasonable doubt.

So if ETs have been visiting/interacting with us for millenia (if you don't accept this then you won't accept the rest, but my advice would be - go research it) then we can be fairly certain they have visited/set up bases on/lived for long periods on Mars. Mars is colder than Earth but in other respects quite Earth-like and could be habitable: and we don't know what its climate/ecology was like thousands/millions of years ago. It might have been even warmer and more Earth-like before cooling started.

So, in short, if we acknowledge the overwhelming evidence of intelligent life traveling here from elsewhere, we should EXPECT to find traces of settlement on Mars. If settlements on the planet's surface were abandoned long ago, then we should expect the ruins to be covered in thousands of years of windblown dust, perhaps mostly submerged, barely visible and easily passed off as 'compression artifacts' or whatever.

Plus, of course, NASA/ESA and the rest may be doing their best to conceal such evidence and be airbrushing out the best images - whilst the info embargo lasts and prior to full disclosure (which we expect in 2009).

So in summary, it's moot if these 'passed for public consumption' images from Hale actually show the remains of civilization or not. There is almost certainly going to be the remains of settlement on the surface of Mars. Personally I am >90% confident that there are those in NASA, ESA and the rest who know this, and have the images which prove the case beyond doubt. They are just not available to the public.

Yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
has anyone actually wrote or contacted ESA to get an explanation? you know,why the colored pixelated photo "SEEMS" to show something other then "natural terrian". that may clear up ...or not. argueing about this is non-productive without hearing from the sourse.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I tried to find the image the guy talked about in the video but can't find it to verify... The other images I have yet to check out, but on the ESA this was all I found...

ESA Crater Halle

Not sure if ESA took the image off because of this reason or what...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

You used a wrong name.

It's Hale crater, not Gale crater.

The images are there, you can see them here.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
its low quality jpg, thats all that is.. probably 16bit high compression.. Its bugger all to do with aliens lol

[edit on 16-3-2008 by nutellajunkie]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nutellajunkie
its low quality jpg, thats all that is.. probably 16bit high compression.. Its bugger all to do with aliens lol

I have to agree. These 'objects' not only coincide with artifacts that can be found in other .jpg pictures but, if you look closely they can be found in all other parts of the image. Even if there were buildings here the scale of this photograph would show significantly more depth than what is being presented.

Discolored regions of squares on a bright background is not "unequivocal proof" of extraterrestrial intelligent life.

The vast majority of people here need to rethink how they're analyzing these situations. If you go in determined to find some proof, you will always find it. Don't believe the words of a stranger just because they are saying exactly what you want to hear. Question everyone, everything. Question yourself even. Does this video's author have the authority to make the claims he is? Does he have the knowledge and experience in photoanalysis or photography to understand the situation from all possibilities? I saw on ESA there are other angles to this scene. Why don't we look at those? In theory the 'shapes' should be perfectly visible in the same configurations and locations in those pictures... Has anyone looked yet?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it just as much if what he were saying was true, but progress is impossible to make if you continually allow for yourself to be led down the wrong path.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are people and animals on Mars alive and well,with fossils scattered across the ground.The images are sent thru sats and the images are in LAYERS.The hidden layers can be retored by photoprograms at Nasa HQ so that we see illusion ,doctored pics of true images,that gloss over LIFE,so that WE DON'T see it.However some flubs occur when Overhead Sat shots combine/overlap/mesh with LIFE images from rovers during transmission. I'll show you. Look where your pointer picked out a "face monument" then between that and the word "YOU" in YOUTUBE. There is a Snake Face looking at the camera,probably from Spirit.If I'm wrong on this let me know....does ESA sat transmit fics from the surface of Mars? Anyway,the pics are recognizable to me because I designed the first draft,initial concept drawings for Mars rovers 1987. I found life on Mars 2004 and have traced back faces of animals from Viking and Pathfinder pics in abundance. So what happens is that digitalized fragments/remnants make beautiful squares of imagery overlayed on sat photos and you get the ILLUSION of a city,when it could be the MARKINGS of a SNAKE or the disintegration of another image overlapped in typical decay patterns. Please do a search in ATS for Mars Life where I spammed as many images of people,animals,fossils on Mars surface as I could wthout getting banned. Some of the people look like us and some of their animals look similar to Earth animals and coexist very peacefully and visit the rovers frequently like a tourist attraction.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
Look where your pointer picked out a "face monument" then between that and the word "YOU" in YOUTUBE. There is a Snake Face looking at the camera,probably from Spirit.If I'm wrong on this let me know....does ESA sat transmit fics from the surface of Mars?
Are you talking about the image from the video? In that image, and because it has a resolution of 29.3 metres per pixel, the "face monument" is more than 2000 metres long, so I think you should know that you can use that as a reference to the scale of the things on that image. Also, the photo used to make this image was taken from a satellite orbiting at an altitude of more than 250km.

Anyway,the pics are recognizable to me because I designed the first draft,initial concept drawings for Mars rovers 1987.
The fact that you may have designed the "first draft,initial concept drawings for Mars rovers 1987" (which I doubt, unless you show some evidence of it) does not give you an edge over other people to analyse and understand digital imaging or data transmission. In fact, they way you express yourself about those subjects makes me think that your knowledge about them is average or bellow average.

Transmitting image data with several layers from Mars would be a very dumb thing to do, why should they transmit larger volumes of data that nobody else can receive?

If they want to change the photos they can do it after receiving them, there is no need for more processing power (which needs electric power) inside the Rovers or the satellites that re-transmit to Earth the data or bigger data payloads.

It's easy to change images, and after it is done is not possible to know what was there. Also, they only have to not publish the photos that they do not want us to see, if any, because we do not have any way of knowing how many photos were taken.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is for the "Rock People".
You see what looks like a baby face on Mars? I do. Who found it first? I did? How? Ask yourself what you are NOT SEEING. If you look for rocks,you won't be disappointed on Mars. I look for faces. If you look for faces on Mars you will try harder but not be disappointed.
I'm telling you I gave Nasa the idea for sending simultaneous overlapping images during transmission.Sure there are errors in transmission.It's an imperfect system that WORKS nevertheless. I had no control over how Nasa decided to USE that system. That gives me a distict advantage over people who don't understand why the faulty images with overlapping extraneous info,like that stretching apart of an image effect you so well described.It's like stretching a FABRIC until the weave becomes unwound,tattered,shabby,spotty,tainted,contaminated,torn down,weakened,unravelled,see-thru,vague,unmeshed,strained,faint,un-LAYERED. I would like people NOT to confuse those ARTIFACTS of OVERLAP with seeing cities on the surface (and getting their hopes up) only to be debunked/shot down for a reasonable misunderstanding/error that's not their fault,but the fault of the imaging system giving false positives,when it's just a glitch. It's counterproductive to have GOOD PEOPLE with GOOD INTENTIONS fall in the quicksand of jumping to wrong conclussions and HURTS the overall effort of factual discovery of life on Mars.It gives DETRACTORS and NEGATIVE people plenty of ammunition to disuade real talented people from progressing and sticking with their valid efforts.It's like a TRIP WIRE I'd like to cut as soon as possible for future researchers.It's a real hurdle to overcome when people get their hopes up and see the digital frayed patterns as grids if a city framework. I have to bend backwards and say there could be cities in the style of a grid,but I'm trying to eliminate false possitives or FOOL's GOLD of imaging.
Blindness doesn't make your point stronger.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why Faces appear in Mars Sat Photos.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Look in the MOUTH.How do you explain FACES in Hale Crater?
The faces are so numerous they overlap.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I see nothing, sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You see what looks like a baby face on Mars? I do. Who found it first? I did? How? Ask yourself what you are NOT SEEING.

So, if we're NOT SEEING something....we're actually seeing something? I'm pretty sure only you can see these things....and it's kind of worrisome.

I'm telling you I gave Nasa the idea for sending simultaneous overlapping images during transmission.

Prove it....an engineer or scientist of that level should have some kind of documentation around that will support that claim. How about your first draft concept drawings of the Rover from 1987? Anything besides images that are little more than the exact same image, in different sizes and colors, spamming the forum?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The faces are so numerous they overlap.

How do the faces of living beings "overlap" in images? Is the surface of Mars covered with upright, living creatures, standing shoulder to shoulder? I'm reminded of the Star Trek episode where they visit the incredibly crowded planet where just out the window, the populace is literally crowded shoulder to shoulder.....shuffling around, murmuring,......

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetaBeta

Originally posted by nutellajunkie

I have to agree. These 'objects' not only coincide with artifacts that can be found in other .jpg pictures but, if you look closely they can be found in all other parts of the image.

Yup. What's really annoying, though, is the nonsense in which "finds" like this are typically wrapped. "It's a village or maybe a military outpost". Just think about this for a second. Anyone will admit we know precious little if anything about potential martians, and yet the brave "explorers" have the freaking gut to determine that this particular case of Pixellated Blur (TM) constitutes a part of the Martian war machine!

I've seen/heard crap like this before in other videos, where a blurry crater on the Moon was described as "definitely a spacecraft, possibly aquatic capable and maybe supersonic capable". You get that? Aquatic capable, baby.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'm telling you I gave Nasa the idea for sending simultaneous overlapping images during transmission.
What was your idea of use of a system like that? What could be gained?

And even if you really gave NASA that idea it does not mean that they use it, they may have thought it was not what they wanted.

Sure there are errors in transmission.It's an imperfect system that WORKS nevertheless.
That is one of the reasons I think NASA (and ESA) do not use such a system, depending on the way it was made it would be more sensitive to loss of data or it will be the same as transmitting the images in consecutive order instead of "overlapping".

That gives me a distict advantage over people who don't understand why the faulty images with overlapping extraneous info,like that stretching apart of an image effect you so well described.
That stretching is because this is not a photo. It is a composite photo made with three photos from the red, green and blue channels superimposed on a 3D computer model made using two other images taken at different times and different angles to re-create the height information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join