It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly does fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan secure our borders at home?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Over the past few years I've been stuck in the desert doing things you can't even imagine. While I was out killing people and getting paid for it you were sitting at home doing what, bitching about the environment and the war?

Why don't you stay in your lane and show a little respect for the people who have been defending your way of life, as well as the freedom to make your "smart" remarks and comments...

Don't ever talk to me again. People like you make me sick to my stomach.

Out.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I agree with StarChild. Stay in your lane and show some respect...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

Newsflash: You haven't been defending # except corporate interests.

My way of life does not involve Iraq or Afghanistan. I live in the US. You have been lied to by the government about your reason for being there. So don't get mad at me for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Professional

Nicely said while pointing your gun.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Newsflash: You haven't been defending # except corporate interests.

My way of life does not involve Iraq or Afghanistan. I live in the US. You have been lied to by the government about your reason for being there. So don't get mad at me for that.

LOL no we have not!!!

and you will see that if you should ever see the day you get your way, if terry could get there hands on a nuke and we went home you would wake up one morning to a very bright sunrise,

many soilders that have been out there would be pissed of to no end if thay see alot of these comments, i think we all need to calm down and respect the great job we are doing out there, its not nice to come home and see the public really dont care you are risking your life for there rights and safty and your doing it just to put food and a roof over your head...

thay start to condem the war as a waste of time and money when we all know the kind of people we are dealing with, then having to deal with the fact of the best-freinds & comrades you lost out there, i refuse to belive it was ever all in vien and is a war thought for anything other than are way of life & rights & safty simple, "how ever long it take"

its a job we must see though people need to know this, im sure you americans do not want to see another withdrawal like nam, it will haunt you for years and millitary cred will be a joke close to something that resembles the french, its just not policy for the british army to pull out of anywhere no matter wot... we dont cut & run, i really hope the american's dont let the idiots get there own way "again"

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I agree with your thread. Bin Ladens iconic role must be carried through the air waves to convince us all in the importance in bulding up the western war machines. Then of course we need the government controled black market in opium products that will enable our illustrious leaders to pull from their hats at a later date and use as political leverage. 90% of herion coming into this country has an afghan stamp on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hi Biggie! Im glad you asked this question! As for me I have wondered the very same thing. Why with the war on terror and all this stuff going on over seas, that we allow our borders to be so freely "open"?

Well after the years of research and reading that I have done leads me to think of one thing. We have no plans on securing the borders, as the borders will become one with the NAU. North American Union.

This has been leading up to the point where it is very right in our faces.
And we have to ask these questions of why?
Then after much reading and understanding, we come to a point where we do understand why the borders are the way they are.

Its all part of the bigger plan. And Im not comming out with this information like I just made it up. Or that Im the only person who feels this way.
Its been brewing for a long time.. And I belive it will be Hillary Clintons place to make this happen. Once she gets into office thats when its going to hit the Fan!! And everything they have been setting us up for is going to happen. And nothing we will be able to do about it..
Well maybe there will be something we can try to do. But most important is that we understand why our borders are like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

ok go on then

wot will happen sounds just like the start of a hollywood movie tell me more

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
With all the technology we have , What is stopping the cia from finding and capturing or just finding a lookalike in or near afghanastan and adding makeup too make him look identical to bin laden ..then have him say whatever they want
Look at the new Ben stiller movie with Robert Downey jr as a black man. They made him realistically look like a black man and i couldn't even tell it was him at first....Imagine what the cia could do to re-create a bin laden...would not be so hard

[edit on 15-3-2008 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

no it wouldnt but why on earth would thay do this? infact it sounds like a bit in the film team america Garyyy???

you probly based all this theory on other theorys and come to a conclution, it is a fun hobby playing detective and addictive to some, some even make careers out of it and sell many books if there wild enuff in there thinking, but the truth is fact & fiction is a very very thin line just dont get lost in it, otherwise your end up looking for lies everywhere in life... dont get me wrong i have heard all these storys before and some sound very intresting and allmost credable but anybody can sit there and link things in life that are in no way true, film writers do this dont thay?

i`ll give you a clue as to why 9/11 is not an inside job, look at the amount of nato forces in afghanistan, there not stupid and have very good intel sources, and would certainly not be dupped into a fake war, where as we all know iraq was a fabricated war and there was no WMDs and there is nobody there but americans & brits both eqauly to blame, and that didnt take long to suffice, because of the fact other intel agencys would have spilled the beans anyway, so thay had to admit, but hey we are still there now fighting a elligal war because thay cant leave without fixing there mess or at least untill its stable... IDIOTS

[edit on 15-3-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thats a good question.

Bush says we need to stop the terrorists over there before they come over here. People believe it.

Its the same excuse as in Vietnam, stop communism over there before it spreads over here.

We know thats just a bunch of lies.

And people keep signing up for the military. If people stopped joining, the government would have less power to go around invading other countries for their personal agendas.

Henry Kissinger said it "military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let's say for a second I actually believed OBL was responsible for 911.

I knew people who perished in the WTC attack on a personal level. My brother's friends father perished along with some clients of my father's.

It was a senseless act of violence centered on America's financial district, where the WTC was the end all be all of American business.

Would those who died want their legacy to involve multiple invasions of Middle Eastern countries that resulted in thousands (millions?) more deaths?

Would they want their deaths to be involved in civilian, 'insurgent', and US servicemen/women casualties?

I think we all know the answer deep down in our hearts.

And the answer is a resounding NO.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Actually Bin Laden had at least one 'clone' with him at all times.

There's a video of Bin Laden in Afghanistan at a Al Qaeda training camp walking next to an identical man.

It was a History Channel special called Declassified: The Taliban.

Here it is on google video:

video.google.com...

Same dress, same beard, pretty much the same facial features.

I thought for a second, "wouldn't this be convenient to have a body double with him at all times for protection purposes?"

Then I thought, "well he could actually be dead, but the clone be used to spread more fear and hatred after his death."

[edit on 3/15/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Professional

I respect the military of this country. However, I do not respect the leaders who ordered the soldiers to invade Afghanistan and then Iraq (not to mention countless previous wars).

We acted on faulty intelligence, rigged at best, and thousands of military men and women have died as a result.

The military are people too, and your opinions are warranted and respected.

That does not mean I have to agree with the Commander-in-Chief.

He has been operating from lies his entire time in office and the people of the world have suffered because of his negligence and ignorance.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You never answered my question.

How does fighting abroad protect our PHYSICAL borders at home?

We are 'over here' in the US. There is no land bridge connecting Russia with the US anymore.

We are on our own continent. Where are the terrorists?

Where are they?

When is the last attack that occurred?

How do you plan on killing every last terrorist? You simply cannot do it.

It will NEVER happen. There will always be those that disagree with American foreign policy, myself included.

We simply cannot invade foreign countries and expect no repercussions. Plain and simple FACT.

I don't even think you can deny that.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe you boys should be over here defending our way of life. Since your absence we have suffered the stripping away of many of our constitutional rights.

Do you have any concerns over the tax dollars paid to Blackwater in comparison to your megar earnings? Are you sure your not fighting for your Corporate Daddy?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

I'd like to hear how you support that claim...

Osama is alive because the government allows him to be alive... It's all tied into drugs and money. In case you didn't know, the War on Terrorism is funded by drug money. I refer you to the Contras and how the CIA smuggled drugs into the U.S. to sell for money to support their revolution. The same thing is happening in Afghanistan with the poppy fields.

Maybe it was then when Reagan didn't get Congress to fund them but TODAY we keep sending them the money.

Benazir Bhutto said he died, Bush said he has been errr well,, he's been marginalized. He is no longer a priority.

They never added the 911 crimes to the FBI website where his old picture is because they can't charge a dead man.

ultramedia.freehostia.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Obviously, fighting has never solved anything. Whether bin Laden is alive or dead means nothing without a corpse someone can hang for view. Terorism is a boogieman. It justifies all sorts of nasty things that distract the average Joe schmo on the street from what might really be going on. To date, the US has had one terrorist attack from outside sources.

We tell the rest of the world to stand tall and after one hit we abandon 200+ years of principles? I don't think so.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by medjhiesco]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Sorry but for me to explain it too you would derail this thread.. Biggie is one of my friends, so I have no desire to walk into this thread and take it off topic. However you can do some personal research, and some reading for yourself to see what the North American union is all about. The info is out there. But its up to you to understand it.

Fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan are for other reasons. And doesnt have much to do with securing our borders. If anything I would say Ron Paul is very right about "blow back".

Unless the NAU is put into place before 2012, we will all be very exposed to blow back, by the actions of our governments.
Thus no reason to worry about the borders when they already have a plan in place to remove those borders, and unite Canada, Mexico, And the USA into the North American Union.
But I can not be the one to sit here and try to explain it all too you. I dont mind giving you key words.. But the research is a personal journy.
You either want to know.. Or you can ignore it like most people of this world until its too late.

Thats my peace

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

We are already experiencing "blowback" from our actions since 9-11.
To steal a qoute "It's the economy stupid!"

Irans Oil bourse, the switch from the dollar as the standard currency all over the globe, etc etc. Our neighbors on good old planet Earth are responding the only way they can really and that is through our own FUBIWATH economic policies. We sent inflation overseas for 30 years and now that we are acting like some righteous bastards they are sending it back!

NATO is losing in Afghanistan, they admit it themselves and have even now begun asking the Russians for help (what with the Ruble soaring to dizzying new values!) Winning battles losing the War.

We are over extended and our economy is collapsing. The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have hastened our fall. The Empire is collpsing from within just like Rome or France under Napolean. We have not made ourselves safer, we just started hammering the nails in our own coffin.

Invading other peoples countries causes only two things. Way too much money gets spent and the people who get invaded get pissed off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join