It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly does fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan secure our borders at home?

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I guess I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Pro-war people always claim how we're killing the terrorists 'over there' before they get us here.

How does that make any sense?

The more dirt we stir up, the more freedom fighters (or terrorists as the establishment calls them) are created.

We shoot a person, their family comes after us. It seems we've killed enough people to warrant an actual jihad against the US. And we asked for it too.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

The new 'boogie man' is Osama bin Laden who has been dead for years.

Who exactly are we fighting again, the Taliban or al Qaeda? Bush/Cheney seem to have the two confused and think they're the same. Well they're not.

Al Qaeda was created (and funded) by the CIA and the Taliban was funded by the CIA. In that sense, they're not so far apart, but the Taliban is much older than America.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Operation Iraqi Liberation

Oppressing Islamic Lands

Outside Interventionalist Loiterings

Occasional Indiscriminate Lashings

see the pattern?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

The new 'boogie man' is Osama bin Laden who has been dead for years.

I'd like to hear how you support that claim...

Osama is alive because the government allows him to be alive... It's all tied into drugs and money. In case you didn't know, the War on Terrorism is funded by drug money. I refer you to the Contras and how the CIA smuggled drugs into the U.S. to sell for money to support their revolution. The same thing is happening in Afghanistan with the poppy fields.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

The CIA saw him on dialysis in 1999. He's been dead since around December 26th, 2001.

Bin Laden dead

Bin laden dead

Google search bin laden dead

Bhutto says Bin Laden dead

Bin Laden dead

I agree Afghanistan is about poppy. That wasn't my point though. I was more interested in debate with the pro-war crowd who feel our occupation of foreign lands somehow protects us here.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have heard this as well. The Taliban was doing a pretty good job stopping opium production and since we have invaded Afghanistan I heard production is through the roof.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The CIA saw him on dialysis in 1999. He's been dead since around December 26th, 2001.

That's exactly what they want you to believe, my friend.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jojoKnowsBest

I have heard this as well. The Taliban was doing a pretty good job stopping opium production and since we have invaded Afghanistan I heard production is through the roof.

The Taliban are terrorists yes, but they were always strongly against the production of opium and drugs in general. Amazing isn't it? They actually have some values...

Once we took over (which coincidentally was exactly in time to harvest) opium production grew so rapidly that now Afghanistan is one of the world leaders in this stuff. It's sick how much of it reaches our shores through government assistance...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

That's exactly what they want you to believe, my friend.

He is dead. I guess the US will confess to it in 25 years or so when it doesnt matter anymore. Right now, its easy to make some fake videos with actors now and again to remind the sheep that there is still a man with a beard out there who hates their "freedoms" to work and pay the bills...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Uhuh. So he's off in a cave somewhere causing more havoc?

Sorry, but I don't buy it. His sphere of influence is a figment of Bushie's pea brain.

By the way, the Taliban are not terrorists. They came to power to fight the Northern Alliance (I can't remember what they were called before, but its the same people) a US ally.

I'd be interested to hear what you define as 'terrorist' in the first place. I think we'd disagree.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"A prominent official in the Taliban movement announced..."

BS Flag

Of course they want you to believe that crap, plus the fact that they stated no mark was left on the grave so that no one can find his body makes it even more unbelievable. That is a perfect example of disinformation my friend.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Afghanistan's occupation is helping Europe and America become one giant heroin addict.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'd be interested to hear what you define as 'terrorist' in the first place. I think we'd disagree.

FYI, a 1988 study by the US Army found that over 100 definitions of the word "terrorism" have and are being used. That was in 1988!

So yeah, we probably would disagree...
...especially considering the fact that I have been doing Bush's dirty work overseas for the past 8 years and have seen more blood and guts than you have ever seen in the movies...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that the US gov and the CIA Want us to believe OBL is alive. He is the proverbial boogeyman, Emmanuel Goldstein if you will.
There is quite a bit of evidence that says he is dead.

As to the OP. Invading Afghanistan did nothing to secure our borders. It was a war to gain terrirtory to build a pipeline that will probably never be built due to a failure in the mission, a war to secure drug profit for the CIA in opium distribution, and a way to build bases to launch other wars against the middle east. IMO anyway.

Is it just coincidence that the man hand-picked to be "president" of Afghanistan also happens to be th eman who was in charge of trying to "sell" the pipeline idea to the Taliban while they were still in power.

NATO is now learning the same lessons the Afghanies taught to Alexander the Great, the French, the British, and the Russians. Don't mess with Afghanistan.

Like Kipling said:
"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your god like a soldier."

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I guess I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Pro-war people always claim how we're killing the terrorists 'over there' before they get us here.

How does that make any sense?

The more dirt we stir up, the more freedom fighters (or terrorists as the establishment calls them) are created.

We shoot a person, their family comes after us. It seems we've killed enough people to warrant an actual jihad against the US. And we asked for it too.

its not as sad and as depressing as that actully we are winning the support of locals OVER the taliban LOSING favour ACTULLY more and more come to us every day giving information and tell the armd forces & thay are taking all there food and forcing there childern to fight, popularity is very low in the regions of afghanistan and the village elders/leader are sick of them, i can tell you that as a 100% fact/certainty, there is none of this kill my family & i now become a jihadist going on, there recriuts come from muslim preachers & imam etreamist's brainwashing muslims into thinking this is a holy war,

most of the insergents in afghanistan & helmand province are outsiders from pakistan and yes even british muslims have been herd by the nimrod & awak spy planes monitoring radio chatter, this could all be blocked buts its proving far more effective to just listern, hering them speaking northern english we now call this talibrum, when the few arabic language barriors with the muslim brits becomes confused,

so we are making huge huge progress out there and have there been anymore attacks? no

as for iraq thats a diffrent issuse and we need to get out,

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Starchild,

What is the point of killing Bin Laden in the first place? He clearly had nothing to do with 911, we supported him for years, and now he's some made-up enemy.

Regardless if he's still alive or not, he is not on Bush's priority.

Bin laden not our priority

So apparently he doesn't give a # about Bin Laden, yet you still think we're looking for him.

If he was such a threat to the world, don't you think we'd be trying a little harder to find him?

Well its clear that he has no power anymore. He's done.

I bet you think he bombed the WTC from a cave in Afghanistan. What a joke.

Who is creating disinfo here?

Of course they want you to believe that crap, plus the fact that they stated no mark was left on the grave so that no one can find his body makes it even more unbelievable.

What am I supposed to believe? That OBL is plotting more terrorist attacks on American soil and somehow we've been stopping him?

That's bull#.

I have been doing Bush's dirty work overseas for the past 8 years and have seen more blood and guts than you have ever seen in the movies

That was your own choice to fight a war. I almost signed up, but thank God I didn't. Would have been a pretty stupid move on my part.

Tinhatman and BRITWARRIOR,

Great points. Bin Laden is dead. Face the facts.

[edit on 3/15/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Big,

You really don't understand at all (and wouldn't), so I am not going to try to explain it to you; since for one it would involve disclosing classified information, and secondly it would be a complete waste of my time as you are set in your way of thinking and would not comprehend the information for what it truly is. Best of luck.

Out.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I ask myself this same question every time I see the body count, especially for the Iraqi women and children, and stories about what this is costing our country. To me it all adds up to a bunch of people in DC with zero conscience about how they treat their fellow human beings.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Clearly your superior intelligence shadows my lowly intellect and I would certainly not be able to comprehend faulty intelligence reports.

That much is true.

P.S. I highly doubt you hold 'classified' information. Don't make yourself look so important, you're not that special.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Starchild,

Tinhatman and BRITWARRIOR,

Great points. Bin Laden is dead. Face the facts.

[edit on 3/15/2008 by biggie smalls]

he very well could be, but i doubt it and we are still looking for him or atleast his remains, but it didnt stop the fighting in iraq when sadam was hung nore will the fighting stop in afghan if the same should happen to OBL lets just get the job done, i see no evidance the taliban are in anyway winning infact there getting a pasting everytime thay come out to play,

theres no conspiracy just confusion and for many people reading into things abit to much, relax and maybe taking a break from this site would help,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join