It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Jet accidently drops 'Dummy Bomb' in Oklahoma!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Military Jet accidently drops 'Dummy Bomb' in Oklahoma!

www.rawstory.com

The military pilot thought he had dropped the BDU-33 bomb, equipped with a dummy warhead, over a field in Kansas during a routine training mission out of Tulsa on Thursday.

A couple returned home to the Canyon Creek apartment complex and found the ordnance partly buried in the foundation and the power knocked out, Tulsa Police Officer Jason Willingham said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
UH-OH!!! FALSE FLAG, HERE WE COME!

How can you 'mistake' a Building in a busy city for an empty field?

Where's the missing nuke again?!? Sounds like a practice run right before election time!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If it was a false flag as least use weapons that poor terrorists use. Not from a multimillion dollar fighter bomber with a guidance bomb.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
A multimillion dollar fighter with a #ty guidance system you mean -.-, good thing the owners werent home

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know about all of this... Remember the Tom Clancy story where pilots delivered guided munitions to a villa in Columbia owned by a drug kingpin? Those fictional bombs had special cases made of cellulose, to disintegrate upon detonation leaving little damning evidence.

I thought combat aircraft still had safety mechanisms even if a munition failed to deploy. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Those doggone zoomies... They'll screw anything up.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I'm sure you've seen pilots make sure the weapons on pylons are locked when they check up on their plane before flying. Guess it could happen. Perhaps it has happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Already a video out about it! This seems very suspect to me with everything else that is going on nowadays! First the military 'nuke fly-over' populated regions, then a nuke comes up missing, now somehow a Miltary jet 'mistakenly drops a 'mock bomb' right in the middle of a highly populated city?!?...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've been sitting in front of B-52s with hung missiles, praying that they didn't fire. If the pilot thought it had dropped from the pylon during his bomb run and it didn't, it's entirely possible that it was a partial release, and during the return flight it finally let go from the vibration of the flight.

Oh my god! A 25lb warhead! That's GOT to be a false flag operation!!

[edit on 3/14/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A US Air Force practice bomb has been dropped on the Yorkshire countryside.
A spokesman for the United States Air Force (USAF) said the training bomb landed in an area near Holme on Spalding Moor - six miles south west of Market Weighton in East Yorkshire.

The BDU-33 bomb, which weighs 25-pounds and produces smoke on impact, caused an 18-inch crater in an asphalt track which is part of an old airfield now owned by Allied Grains.

The accident happened at about 1715 GMT on 8 January.

The device was dropped from an RAF Lakenheath F-15 fighter jet.

It was an inert practice bomb and no-one was hurt in the incident.

So something similar happened 4 years ago. A false flag planning against the UK?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by cbianchi513

I'm sure you've seen pilots make sure the weapons on pylons are locked when they check up on their plane before flying. Guess it could happen. Perhaps it has happened.

Absolutely. Pilots do a routine "pre-flight" on their aircraft and weapons every time, no exceptions.

I also thought that they visually ensured that their weapons deployed. I don't know any combat pilots personally, but I'm sure we can attract one's attention here...

Edit: abysimal spelling

[edit on 14/3/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
didn't they 'accidently' also drop a bomb somewhere over the uk the other week also? i'm sure i read they did. bit worrying if they are making a habit of it.

edit....just looked it up - it was an anti-missile device they dropped story here

[edit on 14-3-2008 by justyc]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm glad they didn't drop it on Arkansas, we got enough dummies here.

Seriously, I've heard that droppings like these happen more often than we know about. An old buddy of mine that worked as flight crew once said half of the target bombs were "late/retarded" releases. I guess southern Kansas to Northern Oklahoma is possible.

Maybe that's why bombing ranges need to take up half of Nevada.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No, they didn't. That was a chaff/flare dispenser that fell out of a transport plane. Totally different system.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

refreshAHMEDABAD/NEW DELHI: An Iskra trainer aircraft of the Indian Air Force accidentally dropped a 25 lb bomb at Lakha Baval village in the Jamnagar area on Thursday afternoon.

This is the second incident this year after a MiG crashed in the same area recently killing three people. The IAF has ordered a probe into the incident. The incident assumes importance because the area where it happened is close to the Jamnagar oil refinery.

"As of now, no loss of life has been reported due to the bomb explosion, which took place near the village around 4 pm," said an officer.

A trainee pilot, tasked with dropping four 25 lb bombs at the Jamnagar range, was flying the Iskra when the mishap took place.

The pilot could apparently drop three of the bombs at the range when the fourth one developed a technical snag. The pilot was then asked by the air traffic control to return to Jamnagar base. While on the way, the fourth bomb accidentally fell off. The IAF has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident and a team has rushed to the spot.

India is also preparing for a false flag op. Somethings happening. I can feel it.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There's a NGTC near where I live. They have a whole mock town to strafe and bomb, almost always low-level. They're building more!

My point is twofold: First, they don't need to "practice" for a false flag in an environment that risks casulaties and exposure. There are already existing practice ranges.

Second, I have never heard of an accidental loss of munitions off-range around here. I just have not heard of this event happening with any frequency.

[edit on 14/3/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It happens, but it usually happens in less populated areas. It's very uncommon for it to land on a building. But this is nothing more than an accident, it's that simple.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here's another version of the story since the link to the other is no longer working. I'm sure the story will continue to change..

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
In a real false flag op, the military rank and file would be the last people that the perpetrators would want to know about it. Anyone capable of pulling off such a thing would have to be a highly compartmentalized group operating outside the normal chain of command.

This sounds to me like a fairly normal training accident, and it's hard to figure out what kind of purpose it would serve as a black op. Presumably dropping bombs in the US would be little different than dropping them anywhere else, no "test run" would be necessary.

I remember in NJ we had an incident where a NJ ANG F-16 accidentally shot up a school with 20mm, fortunately it was in the middle of the night.

new topics

top topics

join