It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you support torture because of 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think the question is self-explanatory.

I have seen many members state that they support the use of techniques which are deemed torture under international standards, but have not bothered to ask them why.

Some other questions that could go along with this...

If the US sais a specific technique is not torture, but the rest of the world does, where do you stand?

Would you be willing to accept all forms of torture, if they were deemed to be necessary in some instances by our leadership?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I suppose no one wants to admit that they support torture in a thread like this. Where are all the "Patriots" who support the Patriot Act?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No takers huh? That's what I figured. Support the war and run from the truth.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So much for standing your ground. All the people on here who are pro-war and pro-Bush, but no one wants to admit that they support what is actually being done. Hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't support torture. I would not anyone to be treated in such a disgraceful way.

Remember that saying from childhood, "treat others as you'd like to be treated."

I think Bush/Cheney forgot that rule, or were never taught it as children.

Somebody didn't get enough hugs and couldn't place nice with other kids.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I do not support torture either. While I support the War on Terror, there is this thing called "The Geneva Conventions." While I didn't necessarily like Saddam Hussein for what he did to the people in his own country, I was still against going into Iraq in the first place. There was NO evidence of WMD or of Iraqi assistance to al-Qaeda or the 9/11 terrorists. We should have stayed focused on winning the War on Terror. If we had, maybe we'd have Osama bin-Laden by now. And we should not be playing this double game with Musharref in Pakistan. He's been playing off both sides against each other while continueing with his own corrupt activities and actions in staying in power.

new topics

top topics

join