It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says al Qaeda might try to tip U.S. election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

McCain says al Qaeda might try to tip U.S. election

news.yahoo.com

SPRINGFIELD, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain said on Friday he fears that al Qaeda or another extremist group might attempt spectacular attacks in Iraq to try to tilt the U.S. election against him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh come on! Not again. Is this 2004 all over again? Is this all the republicans have?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

That, and stuffed ballot boxes. This guy is a monster!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They also might try to blow up the Pentagon again, bomb the Olympics, take out a bridge, release chemicals into the subways, poison our water, take a dump, play with each other...
who knows.

The fact is that McCain is using fear as leverage in his campaign, the same way Bush did and currently is doing.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

TERROR! TERROR! TERROR!

"Vote for me, John McInsane! I'll fight those evil Al qaedens in Iraq for the next 100 years! And I'll Bomb-Bomb Iran while I'm at it! Gotta keep all the sheeples safe from the terrorists!"

McStain is a walking nightmare.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't understand McCain's logic, can somebody please explain it to me?
One would think that it would work in his favor.

This could be a bit of reverse psychology.

Peace

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If this tells us anything, it's that if McCain is elected, he will use the threat of terrorism to get anything he wants done.

"Mr. McCain, why do you want to pass these new taxes?"
"Terrorism"
"But Mr. McCain, what does terrorism have to do with.."
"TERRORISM!"
"But..."
"AL QAEDA!"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Couldn't have said it better myself...lol.

PLEASE GOD, NO ONE VOTE FOR McCain!!!

It will be the end of us...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I guess what really gets my goat is that, before, Bush would say that AQ would tip the elections by attacking the US.

So now we are using Iraq for the same purposes? What amazing logic.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Spain all over again?

Al Qaeda has said before that the American populace are responsible for whoever they voted for.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
McCain is right is saying that if AQ carried out major attacks across Iraq that it would hurt him because it will remind the American public about how horrible it is in Iraq.

John McCain NEEDS the war to look good, otherwise he is in trouble. So, basically, if there us a "threat at home" it is good for McCain because it reminds everyone how scared they are and how much they NEED a republican. If there is a major threat or attack in Iraq - then it is bad for him.

Man...my head is spinning.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You make a good point also.

That is exactly how Bush got all of his f'd up agendas across. Terrorism this, terrorism that. BLAH BLAH BLAH. There is no real significant threat of terrorism to the U.S., TRUST ME. Once terrorist event in a 7 year timeframe does not justify a "threat". I have participated in numerous Integrated Vulnerability Assessments and can tell you from first hand experience that the chance of terrorist attack in the U.S. and even to bases overseas is extremely LOW, regardless of what they say and want you to believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I guess he's pretty much saying that if elected nothing will change. That being said, if Hillary or Obama get elected little will change.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Oh come on! Not again. Is this 2004 all over again? Is this all the republicans have?

You'll need to explain this one. You are coming from the stand-point that if al'Qaeda attacks America, then it will tip the election towards John McCain. In either scenario, how does saying this help McCain.

Of course they may try something like this, any idiot can figure that out. That is the goal of terrorism, and we know that al'Qaeda has committed such acts in the past. How is a statement of fact "fear-mongering?"

Or is it only fear-mongering with someone with an (R) beside their name says it?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
TRUST ME. Once terrorist event in a 7 year timeframe does not justify a "threat". I have participated in numerous Integrated Vulnerability Assessments and can tell you from first hand experience that the chance of terrorist attack in the U.S. and even to bases overseas is extremely LOW, regardless of what they say and want you to believe.

Then how do you account for all of this: Terror attacks since 911

So sorry if I don't TRUST YOU.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thinking about this a bit further, I don't believe most people actually read McCain's comments and fully digested them. Instead, they saw a Republican mentioned terrorism, and they had a knee-jerk, pavlovian reaction, and screamed, "fear-mongering!"

But if you read what McCain is saying, it's the opposite of fear-mongering. He says al'Qaeda may attack to tip the balance against him, and in essence is making an imploration not to let fear influence the vote.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You really don't understand how easy it is to commit a terrorist act. If they really wanted to do something, it would be done. It really isn't that hard.

This fear factor they have everyone believing is to ensure support of their agendas and operations.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are we sure McCain is not Bush twin brother, because to tell you the truth they both sounds the same.

Same BS, same rhetoric and same warmongering.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually McCain is more hardline than Bush. Thats what most people think.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You mentioned "Republican/fear mongering" two posts above that. I think it was understood the first time. Please stop baiting.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join