It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do they (Aliens) want? an interseting theory by Bill Foster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I liked the time cop theory....
that may be the reason that we do not see any proof ... any physical evidence... because they are not allowed to leave anything... a star from me

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

A lot of good points made. However there is one that got me so suspicious in the "abduction" thing, and you use it. I will try to explain:
What are abduction stories say - that people are probed, experimented with and basically treated as animals. So there is a logic conclusion - we do to animals the same things ,aliens do to us the same things. All easily explained.
But i see it as a sign that it is all a fairy tale tied for us. Now.
Because until 300 years ago no one will experiment on animal to try and find out how to benefit humans. No theory of evolution. God created man and he is at the top. I would like to see how long will head stay on the shoulders of royal medic who will try to explain to king that he will experiment on a monkey to better treat his majesty. There were poor folks for that. Experiment all you want.
And in the future - close one,in this century we will be able to model complete human body at molecular level in computer. So need for animals as subjects of probing,sticking electrodes and making doctorates will reduce and eventually disappear.
Thus it is a logical parallel only for our current (several hundred years) development. So it is probably made and maintained for us. To make the story more believable.
And as for us developing faster or slower - we are at peak and will need artificial implants to keep up with computers and eventually AI.
Until we become a almost totally computerized ourself. Aliens also have to reach peak. And also to change itself for better results since it is improbable that their evolution would result in a being as capable at all the calculations as computer. And it is safe to assume that since they reached us and not vice versa - they are more advanced and are smarter then us or reached "upgradeable" level earlier. In both cases, we will not evolve faster.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Development is a big topic to discuss...
Today we know that human body has limitations... future space probes will be done by robots... we are no more planning human mission to planets... its risky and costly.. whatever a human can do their, a robot can do better. In future may be humans will try to solve this limitation thing by using AI and bionic things... Robot probes??

Aliens or greys may have already doing this... I remember the Alien interview thing, someone mentioned there that the EBE was not afraid of dyeing... he referred himself as a container only.... so was he an artifical probe? are the robots trying to humanize themselves... so the big question... so if we believe Bill Foster..Is that the reason why they dont have emotions???

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I agree that any dangerous mission will be done with robots. And if aliens are here - the robots came first to prepare proper conditions for (probably) more fragile life forms. But why humanoid robots? Are there abduction stories using other designers? It is not most efficient,after all. I would rather to have a some kind of cephalopod-like robot. Only two legs/hands are pathetic
I doubt that there are those robots mentioned. Or some totally not-earth originated forms. Or shape-shifting terminator 2 California Governor type? Much better then some lame green stuff evaporating when pierced.
Once again,because i firmly believe that it is a modern fairy tale. Made for us by us.
Might be totaly wrong. Universe is huge and anything could happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No, we are nowhere near close to being able to model the human body in computers. That's computer nerds trying to live a wet dream. The human body is so complex that it is staggering. Bacteria have more to do with our response to medications and various treatments than our own bodies do - because we carry around billions of bacteria of thousands of different strains.

Furthermore, we do not yet know the capacity of our own brains. Computers are no where near capable of performing the same function of our brains. While cybernetics are an eventuality - they will be an assisting unit for our minds to use - different extensions of our brains.

Regardless, computers cannot replace real tests and experiments. They can help you eliminate and plan around certain problem areas, but they cannot take away experiments and tests - especially when you are confronted with something that you do not completely understand to begin with, and have difficulty developing a computer model in the first place.

Of course - perhaps aliens use completely different forms of technology. Perhaps computers never really occurred to them, or are seen as rather useless. If they are a hive-mind mentality that is linked through another dimension (though not necessarily existing in it) - then computers are really not necessary as their entire race is one giant computer network.

Or, perhaps, socially, they do not accept such notions - perhaps they have a phobia of a 'non-living' thing performing actions that could be paralleled with very primitive forms of thought.

We are nowhere near our own limits. Children today are learning concepts of physics that were studied by college students only decades ago. And we are growing increasingly smarter.

It's not so much our capacity to learn... but our drive to learn. I won't argue that aliens are not more advanced than us.... but I have my doubts that they have at all more potential than we do. And it's that spunk - that unwillingness to be out-done - that ensures we will simply run over everything we encounter. People often forget that we are predators - competition is not just something we do - it is our life. When we get bored, we kill each other for the hell of it if sports aren't enough thrill.

Why? Because we have grown up in an extremely harsh ecosystem where other life forms are competing for the same resources. We assume that this is the case for other beings, as well - but perhaps they have been removed from this style of life for so long that they have lost their competitive instincts - or they developed under very different circumstances that did not require them to compete for any resources whatsoever.

That is probably one reason why any life form, that knew what was good for it, would not strut out onto the front lawn of the White House and announce their presence. We are so competitive and suspicious of those that hold a "higher position" that we would stop at nothing to surpass them and start attempting to run them out of their own back yards.

Many believers in benevolent aliens will argue with me about that - but I assure you that we would go absolutely bonkers. Take a look at what happened between the U.S. and Russia back during the Cold War era - All sorts of fear and pandemonia over what the other side was up to, how to counter it, and why we needed to beat them to it. The same would be with our relations to aliens - we would either be trying to figure out ways to blow them up, or trying to get the aliens to favor our government over the Chinese.

We probably already are. Though whether-or-not there is any real communication between our government(s) and aliens is anyone's guess. I somewhat doubt it. No species capable of interstellar travel would be foolish enough to do so.... unless they are completely and totally naive....

What are abduction stories say - that people are probed, experimented with and basically treated as animals. So there is a logic conclusion - we do to animals the same things ,aliens do to us the same things. All easily explained.

While this does explain some things... it does not explain why they have been doing it for eons... or abducting millions of people each decade (though probably about 1% are actually cases of abductions.... but that's a lot). The nature of the tests seem to mostly be exploratory - trying to figure us out. And if they haven't figured it out by now... I would say they are either stupid as hell, or are looking for something far deeper than "oh, hey, they have livers! We have a secondary supply if we ever run out on Xipersan IV!!!"

That, or we are the equivalent of a high-school biology project to them. Wouldn't that be something to find out... "you mean all of this time.... your rebellious teenagers were the ones causing all of this?"

"Yeah... sorry about that.... but, hey, they thought it was funny as hell! Welcome to the interstellar community by the way! Would you be interested in applying for an Andromeda credit card?"

"Great... funny aliens...."

But, seriously - I would think that they would have us pretty well figured out by now... especially if they are so advanced - so why the continued probing? I know we make some pretty interesting noises and gestures when surprised and scared... but what gives?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That, or we are the equivalent of a high-school biology project to them. Wouldn't that be something to find out... "you mean all of this time.... your rebellious teenagers were the ones causing all of this?"

So we are equivalent of frogs in biology classes of the universe. Refreshing approach. I personally do not know what i find more attractive. "We are food" perspective or this.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Amazing reply on this one

Yes our body is indeed a very complex creation. When we had our baby, I used to read a lot about the baby developments... when I used to discuss that with my wife, she used to surprise how intelligent her body is who is ceating the baby... even a small thing is not overlooked... and she is not doing anything conciously... it is all programmed... may be during her birth, when she was in her mother

The babies body is tested repeatedly before it moves out of mother womb... there are cords which keep the supplies... the fluid in the sake is swollowed by the baby and this tests the functioning of the new body parts including the lever... no word to decribe the perfection of our bodies mechanism.

And then we die... what happens than??? if Aliens are also living organism they may also have a life span?? however advanced they are.. they will always want to atleast discover how to live longer???
or they may want to know what happens after death???

Ok... my head is all hot now...I need a beer to cool off

[edit on 28-6-2008 by communicator]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by communicator]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join