It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We saw big UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Okay - here I go...

The distinct lack of detail even after my prompting was a cause for concern considering such a momentous event.

Then comes the part about being an academic.

An academic would not lose their job for reporting a UFO sighting on an anonymous board.

A Psych prof would probably be aware of issues surround UFO witnesses.

The OP does not write in a slightly academic way. After years of doing so this would be hard to shake off.

UFO research is not hard today (GENERAL research anyway) - why register here before finding things out youself if you are academically and reseach inclined which a professor usually is.

That's it for now.

I apologise for mixing my pronouns and swapping from 3rd to 2nd person.

See - I'm an academic person - I worry about such things...

The OP does not.

I stand by my shout.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would love to read more detail on your sighting. Anything else?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

yea

OK, I think that pretty much seals it. Thread closed?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sir,

No-one is trying to 'teach you about your profession(?)'

We are just trying to establish credibility of a story. It's what we do here.

We are used to being hoaxed and if any of us smell something fishy we shoot.

Nobody is being rude to you. Just thorough.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I would love to read more detail on your sighting. Anything else?

oh boy..nothing else. I'll try to put those photos here by tomorrow if not i am outta here.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by frostbrite

Originally posted by gauncents
reply to post by frostbrite

You are a professor of psychology at a university?

Were you required to take English or Literacy or proper use of grammer when you were getting your degree?

Not trying to sound too harsh, my son is in 6th grade and uses more complete sentences than the op.

I smell children with nothing better to do.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by gauncents]

Glad to hear your son is pretty brainy. I am sorry, that's how I type and yea my grammar is very poor. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me when I made this topic, except I don't like people teaching me about my profession.

It's nice to hear that our country passes out collegiate degrees and then inturns hires them to teach at a school of upper education with poor grammer and can't research or type.

No wonder our country is where it is. Or at least that's what they do in South Carolina.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Given the OPer profession, I would have to believe he should understand the reactions here.

I will say that if your friend had a camera and did not get a picture then he missed the chance of a life time. A picture of a UFO at 50ft would be worth a fortune. I do sometimes forget that many people do pass on fame or fortune.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frostbrite

You dont like people teaching you about your profession? not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Regardless, post the pics and lets leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A giant UFO just fifty feet above, blinking lights and sucking in some other lighted object should bring forth a small book of detail.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The directions this thread can take are now limited to two choices.

The OP can post pics for inspection, thus firming the credibility of the thread, or...

The OP can decline to post pics, stating that his friend did not take any, or another reason. Then they will disappear from ATS under that username, until they start another account with another story with more convincing "evidence" and backstory.

Crap, now I gave him a blueprint for his story to have a chance... albeit ever so small.

Too many holes in the story, psych prof... Certainly you grasp the negative impact they have.

[edit on 14/3/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

RG

I completely agree with you on that point regarding understanding our reactions and why.

Frostbrite...

It is simple to gain our trust here. Level with us. The number of people on ATS who have seen things means we have a weakth of experience when it comes to this.

If you are pulling our leg, admit it and be done with it. We will all think more of you for having the decency to admit it.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No wonder our country is where it is. Or at least that's what they do in South Carolina.

Our country is doing fine, the problem is with the people thinking they are superior to everyone else and they happen to be lazy too.

anyway..the ufo looked like this:

*Snip* Link Removed**

except cancel out the antenna. Incase if am unable to post real photos then this will be my last post on this board.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by frostbrite]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by frostbrite

Our country is doing fine, the problem is with the people thinking they are superior to everyone else and they happen to be lazy too.

anyway..the ufo looked like this: EDIT: Link Removed except cancel out the antenna. Incase if am unable to post real photos then this will be my last post on this board.

Un-Be-F@*$ing-Lievable.
Try the link, close the thread. We've been duped again.

[edit on 14/3/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So it seems.

Sad, ain't it, when we are actually willing to assist genuine people.

At least I think we called it quick to stop it escalating.

Everyone was polite and nothing got out of hand.

Result.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

I'm not so dissapointed, it was sniffed out quick and I built a bit more comradary with my fellow ATS'ers.

NIN...can't get any better.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Speak for yourself when you say "we've been duped again".

Hey Penny! You beat me to this one but your post is missing something.

As for the OP, 2 weeks off from school, spring fever, nothing to do (kids always use that one because they are afraid of physical activity outside the house these days), too much time on your hands...am I getting warm Mr. Psychology?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I do want to thank everyone here for remaining civil throughout this.

This is the real ATS way. My hat is off.

Thread closed.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Absolutely perfect!!

Sometimes we tend to not notice to obvious!

A star for you!

I have to comment on the title of the thread as well..."We saw big Ufo's!

Kind of reminds me of cookie monster...Me want big cookie!

It all seems childish

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join