It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gore Just Money Hungry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Gore to Rake in IPO Millions

Former Vice President and global warming crusader Al Gore stands to make close to $50 million when the TV channel he co-founded goes public with an Initial Public Offering.

Current TV, which debuted in August 2005, has been billed as “television for the Internet generation" of tech-savvy 18-to-34-year-olds, and allows viewers to contribute much of its content.

Money Hungry?

While I personally do believe that our planet is in dire straights, I have to wonder about such people as Al Gore. Is he actually paying more care to his wallet than to the planet? By all indications, yes, yes, he is.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He is a business man, a capitalist, what do you expect? Current TV just had a great short documentary about that machine gun rally in Kentucky. Current TV in my opinion is one of the most interesting channels available in addition to NasaTV and Ovation TV. CurrentTV has addressed some serious issues and is fueled by viewer submissions. I congratulate Gore on this and ask him to remember the planet when he is spending his money.

"Is he actually paying more care to his wallet than to the planet?"

One can't know the answer to this without asking the man himself. What do you think motivates him? If he is capable of earning a buck then why not? A forward thinking network concept like Current TV will bring voices that aren't heard into the living rooms of millions of people.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
What do you think motivates him?

Do you want to know what I think motivates him or what I would hope motivates him? What I think motivates him is money and greed. What I would hope motivates him is the truth...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think that it is a politically motivated drive. Could not become president one way, why not use "in-fashion" trend. If he did it for the cause - his "palace" would not get such an electricity bills. And i do not see how money are to be made of this. He is not producing "green" commodities, just "green" politics.
Anyway, if pollution will decrease, i will thank him.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Gore is motivated by money, power and prestige - not necessarily in that order, hence the 3 palatial homes, staffed all year round, and the private jet he hires to travel the world on promotional tours for his books.

He is a fake, a charlatan and a money grubber who cares nothing for the environment and everything for his bank balance.

It is my view that he will, at some point, use the whole fake GW scam he'sbeen instrumental in perpetrating as a springboard to re-enter politics, which remains his ultimate goal.

If you were to assume that I don't like him, you would be correct in that assumption - the lousy hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wealth and environmental concern are not necessarily incompatible concepts.

My $0.02.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The pursuit of wealth using environmental concerns as a vehicle is a horrible hypocrisy.
As are the 3 homes and the private jet.

He has the "carbon footprint" of a large town.

anothe ridiculous term coined by al bore - carbon footprint.

BAH

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Here is 'his side':

Gore Defends Mansion's Power Consumption

Town Official Defends Al Gore's Energy Inefficient House

Took all of two seconds to find...

Not exactly how this thread paints the issue, huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I remember arthur c clarke saying that he worried about moving away from oil to free energy devices, as he said they could be just as bad. Who do you beleive arthur c clarke or al gore.

Just a joke seeing him get a nobel prize this last year, and now we have the coldest winter for decades in most of the northern hemisphere.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think he's proved himself more power hungry than money hungry. At the end of his so-called documentary, the credits are intermingled with things we as individuals can do to help stop global warming... like riding a bike or walking short distances. Gore flies in a jet. That's hypocrisy in action.

Whenever someone tries to tell me what I should do, I tend to look at their own performance. I would put much more stock in Al Gore if I was unaware of his family's close ties to oil-rich sheiks (he's from Tennessee, remember? check my location), his ties to China from the 'good old days' when he was VP, his outrageous personal extravagances, and his record of being, shall we say, less than sincere?

I'd like a cleaner planet too, but so far no one has explained to my satisfaction the simple questions of 'Why aren't we actually cleaning the air instead of just trying to raise taxes?' or 'Why isn't China included in Kyoto?' Here again, hypocrisy in action.

So if he isn't really after cleaning up the planet, what else could he be after?

Oh, shameless plug to a related thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... . Gore is about to get his chance to explain all to the public. I can't wait.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And here is the evidence for the prosecution:

newsbusters.org...

neutralsource.org...

findarticles.com...

www.corpwatch.org...

and an excellent thread that disputes gores "green" credentials
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I rest my case.

For the moment

Although I'm a bit surprised at the sources you used - one from an al gore fluff piece and the other from foxnews.

[edit on 14/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am not sure how to insert links but i will give it a try.
I think Gore is in for his own political gains and it sure is not for the planet Earth!

Gore wedding guest feast on endangered fish

new topics

top topics

join