It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Tibet!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You need to stop with racist remarks seriously, or you will get banned.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Thanks for that. Really how bad would it be to allow 1.3 billion people to know the truth? (just kidding there) The important thing is a great portion of the rest of the world can see the truth.

So..how was the N.Y protest?

My hat is off to you for the pounding given in this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessit

Sorry.. I don't see a racist remark in that post.. besides.. who are you to threaten anyone with a banning?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessit

Perhaps you could point out the racist remark for me . Are you chinese?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessit

You need to stop with racist remarks seriously, or you will get banned.

Last I checked YOU were not a moderator.

Also I've been in this forum since 2004 and have had my scrapes now and then. I think I know where to draw the line.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Proof

Since the last few days I have been repeatedly been challenged to post any PROOF of Dead Tibetans who died in the violence in Tibet. This challenge was put despite knowing fully well that there is a sever media curfew on Tibet. Today, however, I think I have found evidence to show some proof as to the claims made by thousands of Tibetans of the horrific brutality inflicted upon them by the Chinese authorities.

Caution: Graphic Images

Link

LOTS MORE HERE
*The pictures are in a flash slideshow. After clicking on the link above please see the top left corner for the pictures.

The images show CLEAR proof that the Chinese military or military police fired at people. There are many corpses with bullet wounds.

I think it would also be proper of me to say that while I have great respect for these people and the dead in general. Sometimes for the sake of the truth we need to bring these horrific images to light. I think those who lost their lives in the protests would at least like the world to know what really happened.

May they rest in peace.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Pot calling the kettle black.
Pathetic.

SO this is your excuse for racism?

EDIT:

My break is going up soon and I will have a lot more detailed replies

[edit on 17-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Link
China denies using lethal force in Tibet

Beijing: China on Monday said it had shown “maximum restraint”, and had not used lethal force to quell the fiercest pro-independence protests in two decades in the Tibetan capital Lhasa last week, which claimed at least 13 lives.

Beijing, at the same time, vowed to deal “harshly” with protesters who committed “serious crimes”, as the Monday midnight deadline for rioters to surrender neared, amidst increasing international calls to Beijing, the host of the Olympic Games in August, to exercise restraint.

“We showed maximum restraint. We did not use lethal weapons. No guns were used. We only used teargas and water cannon,” Tibet Autonomous Regional Government Chairman, Governor Qiangba Puncog told a news conference, as he singled out the “Dalai clique” — groups associated with the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama — for the violence.

This is the story out of China. Please compare this statement to the pictures posted in my previous post and you can clearly discern the truth of the situation.

With these statements and the pictures provided I am sure every reasonable person can clearly come to the conclusion of what has happened and who the real villain is. Is it Dalai Lama or the Communist totalitarians ??

[edit on 17-3-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ahem

The personal sniping will cease NOW. this includes racial comments etc.

If you cannot debate the issue at had without resorting to them please take a break from the thread.

Also, several members in the thread should take a moment to refresh themselves with this:

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Important find. I think those photos will heat things up here.

They were so young. I know many tibetans from the temple here that I visit and I have found Tibetans to be the kindest and the most humble individuals. For Tibetans to lash out at the chinese occupations leads me to believe the cruelty they have endured may be far from my own comprehension.

The link I leave is mild in comparison but shows the treatment of chinese by their own government. And I wish the chinese in this thread could see it, it would blow some serious holes into the propoganda.

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

signature
The world don't need hegemony,We need justice and respect.

Zhangxi, I took the liberty of copying your signature, because I find the sentiment it expresses very respectable indeed and can only agree wholeheartedly with it.

Am I right to assume that , in the light of that sentiment, you find the occupation of Tibet untenable and unacceptable?

Because, and I am sure you will agree with me, that's what the Tibetan people seem to have been calling it all these years; and I have no doubt that they would view the current Chinese presence as "hegemonic", unjust and disrespectful, to say the least.

Or is it that "small" countries, unlike the "big guns", do not have the right to decide what constitutes hegemony, justice and respect?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

I get the feeling that what is being said on this thread concerning the brutal acts of china, freedom of speech and chinese products has added up to some serious threat for some chinese. China must be concerned with it's reputation in the eyes of the world, the screaming and insults are designed to distract,... disinformation tactics.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
are you kidding me??? I'm sitting right here in my Shanghai bedroom and talking to your tiny little brainwashed retard head.

Boy, you Chinamen sure are warm and friendly. Funny you should throw the terms "tiny" and "little" around so wrecklessly.

Anywho, I find it ironic that so many of the members who frequently post how bad the US is and how China and Russia will one day put us in our place are missing from this thread. What's wrong guys, is this not the behavior you expected from one of your heroes? After all, these are the guys you are counting on to rid the world of evil and make it the kinda place you want to live, right?

Not that we're perfect or even close, but I'll take my government over the Chinese government ANY DAY.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread341740/pg16#pid4127660]post by Odessit

Sorry.. I don't see a racist remark in that post.. besides.. who are you to threaten anyone with a banning?

You got to be kidding me?

Originally posted by IAF101
Another Chinese idiot who doesnt understand English and cant think straight.

reply to IAF101
You need to watch your mouth kid, it is not so hard to track your IP adress, racists like you needs to be locked up.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

signature
The world don't need hegemony,We need justice and respect.

Zhangxi, I took the liberty of copying your signature, because I find the sentiment it expresses very respectable indeed and can only agree wholeheartedly with it.

Am I right to assume that , in the light of that sentiment, you find the occupation of Tibet untenable and unacceptable?

Because, and I am sure you will agree with me, that's what the Tibetan people seem to have been calling it all these years; and I have no doubt that they would view the current Chinese presence as "hegemonic", unjust and disrespectful, to say the least.

Or is it that "small" countries, unlike the "big guns", do not have the right to decide what constitutes hegemony, justice and respect?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Vanitas]

when i'm saying "The world don't need hegemony,We need justice and respect", you do know i'm refering to the empire of USA, right?

and since you are relating my country to hegemony. let's just see the fact. China didn't invade a country based on a lie about WMD; China didn't invade a country in the name of democracy and human right; China didin't sell black slaves to gain it's first cost; China didin't sanction other country in the name of punish dictator but the real purpose is only to serve their own benifit and leave the people in that country to die.

In 1906, british invade and try to colonize tibet territory that belongs to China. and in 1951 China get Tibet back. and you call that is occupation!!! then tell me, what is the exact words to discribe the rule of USA on Indian territory???? I didn't see you support the independence of Indian.

is it Tibetan people asking independence or Dalailama slavery interest group want to rerule tibet because they cann't go back to the day when they can enslave Tibetan without punishment???since when Dalailama representing all Tibetan people???

yes the world need justice and respect, especially when the truth is distorting by superpower. and it's not just chinese asking. the European, the African, the asian, the south american. they are all asking a more justice world. deal with that.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by zhangxi0183

I get the feeling that what is being said on this thread concerning the brutal acts of china, freedom of speech and chinese products has added up to some serious threat for some chinese. China must be concerned with it's reputation in the eyes of the world, the screaming and insults are designed to distract,... disinformation tactics.

Remember my words. we admit our shortage and trying real hard to improve it. we can accept all kinds of well-meaning criticism even it is biased. but we don't accept calumniate and insult that pressed on us.

back to the day, you american have gotten through the same day when the Great Britain was still rulig the world. Don't push the same thing you don't like on us.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Looks like this thread has taken several turns for the worse...

From member to member can we all just stop with the insults.... NOW... i can see a handful of you have already gotten little red WARN boxes, lets just try to keep those from becomeing little Banned tags...

Now on topic, which is something that hasn't been touched on much on this thread....

We just aren't going to know what happen, and how many were indeed killed...

China has been notorious for not releasing the whole story, or greatly under-reporting the figures.

It seems most people are anger over this being reported as a Masacure... but some poeple don't think that only a couple people being dead is a big deal... a masacure isn't determined by the number dead, but rather in the manner they were killed.

Before we were the USA, we were just Brittish Colonies, and that all began to change, when the Bostan Masacure happen. Brittish soilders opened fire on a crowd of American Colonists... the gun shots left 5 dead, and other injured... this act was the catalyst that sent America into her Revolutionary War against the Brittish(the strogest power in the world).

It will take a similar situation to unite the people of Tibet. This recent event could be thier Bostan Masacure, the entire region could unite together to fight the CHiniese....

It is not up to US to decide what to do for places like Tebet, Tawain, and Burma... it is up to the people of these places , if they want to make the trasnition to countires, they must take the first step, that first defiant move...

In all histoical precidents of a People vs a tryantical ruler, the first enguagement does not end well for those that wish to be free, but that drive to be free must overcome all that tries to stop those who wish to be free.

Only then, after one shows the dertermination to fight for themselves, can they ask, or expect, help from other nations...

What will be the outcome of this current situation, will the people rise up, will freedom reighn... or will the tyrant continue his rule, over those who wish to be free...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS China

I didnt know there are so many Chinese members on ATS. Internet is not as restricted for you as we thought. Welcome aboard!

Im sorry about all the commotion in this thread as two completely different worlds clash and crash into each other without so much as a courteous greeting beforehand.

I think there´s things both sides of this discussion need to learn. Chinese posters need to learn that we have a different perception of Tibet. We have been taught and shown how Tibet is a suppressed nation, how China has no business there, how China needs to leave Tibet alone, how human rights and respect towards Tibet have been broken. Most of us grow up with the image of "big bad red China vs. little poor peaceful Tibet".
European/American posters need to learn that you Chinese have a right to be heard to and that it is not our business to interfere in your interiour politics. We need to accept that we dont really know both sides of the story.

So, all in all, I also believe you should leave Tibet alone...but I respect that as a non-tibetan and non-chinese person, this is none of my business.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

The outrage from most of the world comes from the fact that this fight is so horribly lopsided. It comes down to big china conquering a sparsley populated country of Buddhist. The nightmare has been a long one for Tibet and her people. Too much politics has played into the destiny of the Tibetan people for far too long. The question of genocide plays into the worlds rage also. If Tibet is to survive the world must play a role.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join