It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Tibet!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Foreigners who don't want to leave or want to travel to Tibet are forbidden so.

Can you link to the source which states that foreigners are forced to leave. Have you considered it for safety reason since 2-3 Japanese tourist were nearly burnt alive because they were mistaken for Chinese.

After a riot like that, no security force in their right mind would just open up. The French police barricaded sections of Paris during the riots there

A French group of lawmakers is urging China to give them visas, but they won't do so.

So?.

Some people go into china looking to get into trouble and protest right in Chinas capital, countries dont just grant visas to anybody. And like most countries are sent away. I doubt Anti-whaling protesters are very welcomed in Japan and they would be turned away as well

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Remember Scott Parkins.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you going to go to a country with the intent to start trouble than you will be expelled from it. Him and the man who was also expelled after destroying a police vehicles windows are another example of countries attempt to limit unwanted presence

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I wonder why we Chinese must explain everything again and again to those
arrogant American, are they the representative of justice?
why don't we just ignore them and go on with our own business?
explaination with fulsome patience will connive their arrogance,
impertinence, madcap...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I ask people in this thread this question.

Zimbabwe is in exactly the same situation china is in, why are the white farmers there getting our sympathy even though they are the ones "occupying" land which doesn't "belong" to them.

Because their white?

If people can justify the riots in Tibet, surely they can justify the riots in Zimbabwe as well

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
sodom
so simple
China + Tibet = Israel + Palestina

boycott peking 2008
sodom

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Zimbabwe situation = Tibet situation ?! You DID hear about Mr. Mugabe, did you ? But this is the part of the chinese philosophy, isn't it ? Always pointing to others, when debating their own mistakes (yes, i know germans were Nazis 60 years ago, so you won't have to tell me), this thread is about the atrocities commited by china against Tibet, not about the US, France, Zimbabwe or whatever.
Today, Tibet has been locked down to avoid critical coverage, foreigners are "encouraged" to leave immediatly and no one is allowed in - talk about THAT and please avoid to point out, who gets "our" sympathies, since i highly doubt, that we share the same.

The greatest irony is a chinese accusing other nations of being bandits, while an entire army of thieves (sent out by state owned chinese factories) is out there, stealing the inventions of western companies and producing cheap imitations of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
I wonder why we Chinese must explain everything again and again to those
arrogant American, are they the representative of justice?

In case you don't know, the world doesn't consist of China and the US only. Countries all around the world demand clarification from Chinese ambassadors. If China wants to be a superpower and host democratic global events such as the Games, they should act like a superpower. Suppressing people is globally not just taken for granted.

Originally posted by gs001
why don't we just ignore them and go on with our own business?

Sure, give it a try and you'll be living like poor farmers in no time.
Mind you that we, Westerners, buy cheap Chinese cr*p, if we wouldn't the Chinese economy would collapse.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Zimbabwe is in exactly the same situation china is in, why are the white farmers there getting our sympathy even though they are the ones "occupying" land which doesn't "belong" to them.

Because their white?

If people can justify the riots in Tibet, surely they can justify the riots in Zimbabwe as well

If you want to bring Africa into the discussion, we could also start talking about Chinas current colonial exploitation of resources there, right?

Of course there´s no excuse for what whites did there...unfortunately China is following suit.

As for Tibet: Why does China need Tibet to be part of it? I dont get it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are so many reasons to boycott the olympics in china...Tibets struggle being the foremost..the article that I have linked here goes into the polution that athletes will be exposed to and the arms that China supplies to Sudan. I do hope the visitors to this thread boycott anything chinese.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Zimbabwe and China are very much different.

Firstly, Zimbabwe is not carrying out culture genocide on a break away province. China is. Sanctions are in place to stop the human rights violations of Zimbabwe. Ironically, China keeps funding the Mugabe dictatorship.

I am watching with deep pride of those protesters outside the Chinese embassy in London. A meeting today at my university prevented me from joining, but it is nice to see so many in the UK standing up for Tibet.

Foreign media is banned and all tourists are being asked to leave Tibet. I fear a massacre is about to happen.

F-R-E-E T-I-B-E-T

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Learn some damn english you slitty eyed moron"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Moderator.

IAF101 Made another Racist remark which is against ATS rules. This is the second time he said this.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

List of Lies IAF101 told Continued. Until you prove otherwise.

Apparently repeating things already discussed over and over again is going to convince people better. Doesnt work that way.
Most of those things dont even have anything to do with Tibet so in the spirit of the good Mod you called out to, I will refrain from discussing anything other than Tibetian genocide taking place right now.

Originally posted by IAF101
He is Tibetan until you can prove otherwise. What is his name ?

You killed someone until proven otherwise.
you argument makes perfect sense conflicting all known data

No name presented by you here or your government.

This is clearly a case of cover-up by the Chinese authorities to hide their crimes yet again.

The article clears it up and SAYs DURING THE PROTEST.

Again back to square one. Already explained over and over again.

So wheres the quote?

Just below that line.

So you lied about that now your changing the subject. LOL.

I expected as much from you

Expect from me to not answer any of your digressions from the topic as it is merely a tactic used to avoid the facts of the large scale crimes against humanity committed by the Communist regime of China .

Comes from Chinese media???????. Where did it say that. The only time I have seen that is from AP and WESTERN sites. Another lie

There are no Western Media sources reporting from Tibet, unless you can prove otherwise. All footage and pictures supplied are from the Chinese media so far. The lie is claiming that there is independent journalism of these events.

They haven't released ANY names. Not even of the Chinese killed by tibetans. The Chinese media has more respect for peoples grieving families than the American media

Convenient excuse. Releasing the names of the dead is standard procedure to identify the victims as anybody would do if they were genuinly killed.
In all probability the reports that there are Chinese deaths is an exaggeration as neither names nor any details about the dead have been released. Respect would be not showing corpses on tv, the name wouldnt matter unless it could be used to identify them as Tibetans.

During a protest there are protesters and police.

Show me the police???????

Show me the protesters in that picture. Two people are standing, the third lying on the street and the fourth walking away. Nobody is protesting anything. If you want me to show you the police, show me the protesters.

They only had the ldeals of Volutaire, Rossuea and Lock. They didn't need to copy any ideas from bandits and thieves

Wrong. But irrelevant to this thread. Open a thread of the American revolution and I will be glad to alleviate your ignorance.

CCTV censored dead people in documentries. They ARENT going to show any gore on TV

Nobody cares about censoring dead people. I am talking about the freedom of the press. Independent journalism either domestic or international . None of which exists in this case.
It can only be concluded that this is an effort to cover up the facts.

It just only says a protestor beaten During the protests by tibetan monks. Oh, let me guess, tibetans beat themselves now????

Again, failure to understand my explanation doesnt imply your is correct.
It is common knowledge that during protests it usually either the police or the protesters who suffer injuries. A protest is a demonstration. It is different from a riot. You are confusing the two. Please look up the meaning of riot and protest in the dictionary to understand what these words mean.

Yes, Why dont you provide a picture of a tibetan dead?

I would be glad to when there are independent journalists allowed in Tibet to report the events.
I have already presented an injured Tibetan's picture.

The video none the less shows Tibetan monks looting. You claimed that they have only peacefully protested

Please dont side step the fact that you lied about posting the wrong video.

Also 'a' monk is seen attacking a shop. If he looted it or not is not shown in the video at all. It shows him only kicking down the shutters.

You first said "I hadnt read the caption" in the first quote
then
i said
"He never said he was Tibetan either yet you claimed it as such. "
Then you said
"Because that is what the caption implies. "

Apparently words dont reach you.
I have explained this thrice already, continuing this is futile.

Show me a Chinese newspaper running the picture of the man on the group or other pictures that CNN or western news sites are using

You yourself posted a picture that both CNN and your CCTV used claiming that CNN distorted the image. Where do you think they are getting the images ? From the Chinese media sources. Thats why there is not one photo of Tibetans clashing with police or Tibetan monks being arrested.

The Chinese government. So far they have not allowed any news agents there and all foreigners who were there have been removed.

Prove it. I didn't ask for you opinion when I asked for a source, I asked for a article.

Why cant you find one for yourself ? Dont you get the news where you live? Dont they tell you that their reporters arent allowed into Tibet to cover the protests ??
Anyway I can provide an article easily, one of the thousands of articles on the Internet:

China blocks YouTube, reporters over Tibet news
Xining, China - The Chinese government's overriding priority for the past week has clearly been to quell unrest among its Tibetan citizens. But the authorities have also made exhaustive efforts to ensure that as few people as possible, inside or outside China, hear any but the official version of that unrest.

Foreign journalists have been banned from traveling to Tibet and prevented by the police from reporting on protests by Tibetans in other Chinese provinces. Domestic newspapers, TV programs, and Internet sites have carried only articles produced by the official Xinhua news agency. News reports on international TV networks such as CNN and the BBC have been blacked out by censors.

Want more proof ??

One single google search tells you

Iraq = 1 million
Vietnam = 3 million

Those numbers are wrong as my independent links have shown unlike your wordpress blogs. However, this has nothing to do with Tibet at all or this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So now that is a "made up" accusation ??

accusing me of saying Locke was French
""John Locke was not even French nor was he ever American! ""

Basic English [Snip]

Yes, Basic English. Please read it again, slowly.

You lost young boy?

He was a strong influence on Voltaire, while his arguments concerning liberty and the social contract later influenced the written works of Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, and other Founding Fathers of the United States.

Three things wrong with this.
First, it says the influence was "ON" voltaire. Second, you havent provided a link and Third, this has NOTHING to do with Tibet.

The American population then did not have the brain power to understand these ideas.

And drivel ad nauseum........

You cannot even accept that the world is round. Lucky for you scientist believe all people can evolve....someday

Again. Two things wrong with this. First the world is not "round". It is an ellipsoid. Second, this has nothing to do with Tibet at all.

Makes sense to me fat boy

Killing innocent Tibetans makes sense to you ??

They say without sufficient food, the mind doesnt work.

Now you're saying Green.

I always said green. I said the Chinese police are using green camo

Again, Irrelevant to this discussion about Tibet!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Sorry man. We have some arrogant people in charge. Why is China so afraid to lose Tibet?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phil J. Fry

And we love these products. We have bought billions and billions. America should do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I never claimed that I said he wasnt dead.

Loud and CLEAR

This is what you wrote and you still claim you didn't say it

"I did provide a picture of a Tibetan on the street dead which you disputed"

Second quote
"Obviously he's dead"

Have you lost your mind now ??

First you said that I falsely said that the man was dead, now your saying that I said he wasnt dead ??
At least make up your mind when you fabricate a point of contention !

You seem to not understand what it means. I just need to repeat it so it gets into your thick head

Apparently you are experienced with being thick as this method works for you, That's why you have repeated the same drivel in more than 5 posts over and over again without comprehending my response even once.

Yes, China looks to the other side of the "Atlantic"

Washington is on the other side of the Atlantic.

If you travel far enough, your learn that the world is ROUND. I can go BOTH ways

Atlantic? China ? Good god!

China faces the "PACIFIC" ocean!

To say 'on the other side of the Atlantic' you need to be on one side of it to talk about the other side. That is how English works . I suggest you stick to simple English and dont try to drop use phrases and words as that would only confuse your posts which as it is are written in broken English.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just saw a report on the situation in Tibet on CNN. No reporters are known to be there and all western reporters have been denied entry. They were able however to document the large number of military moving into the region, helicopters and truck after truck with blocked license numbers.

I continue to call the white house numbers and am not getting through. I have hopes that many others are trying.

CocaCola company and GE are hearing from me however, I will continue to target the sponsers of the olympics.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Because their white?

What next ? Are you going to say that since hitler quelled all resistance by slaughtering millions. It gives you precedence to do the same ???

What does being of the Mongoloid race have anything to do with heinous crimes against humanity ?

By claiming that people are racist to accuse Chinese, is that just escapism from the true fact that you are doing terrible crimes against an entire civilization and the onus is on you to correct the wrongs done ?

The whole argument from Chinese like you and the Chinese government has been an effort at saving face using past precedence as justification instead of addressing the crux of the matter which is the fact that the Tibetan people are NOT happy with Chinese people or their government and want change.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Finally news is slowling pouring out of Tibet from Tibetans :

This from the BBC:

Monday 17th March.
Tibetans describe continuing unrest

ANONYMOUS TIBETAN, HUANGYAN COUNTY, ABA PREFECTURE, SICHUAN PROVINCE, CHINA
I am inside a monastery right now. The telephone landlines have all been cut off. Just one minute ago [1345 GMT] there was a big commotion. The monks outside the monastery were shouting: 'Long Live the Dalai Lama!'
This morning the students of a middle school went out and protested. There were arrests and many Tibetans went to the police station to demand the release of those detained. Two girls were shot and wounded.
It is tense and frightening. The police later released the students.
In Barkham county there is a high school with a student population of about 300-400 students. These students managed to bring down the Chinese national flag.

TIBETAN WHO WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS, LHASA
There is a heavy police presence and lots of military vehicles. I heard that there have been arrests and that two people were killed in the Tsangkhung nunnery.
On state television they're announcing that the situation is under control and the trouble-makers have surrendered. They also said a mosque had been burned but I only saw that the shops outside the mosque were burned and damaged.

I have been able to call people and I was allowed to go and visit the Tormzig Khang market, and wasn't challenged by the police. So I have been out.

The schools are now open and children are going to school but shops are still closed as lots have been damaged and burned.

What really worries me is that I can't see a single westerner or foreign journalist. That is of concern.

More such horror stories on the BBC site. Didnt want to quote the whole article as that is "illegal" .

With the resumption of phone connectivity, slowly but surely information is proliferating to the outside world. Now the real story comes to the fore devoid of the Communist filter.

What is most shocking is the level of control the Chinese government has on information. The kind of stunt they pulled in Tibet would be nearly impossible to do in America.

On CNN they showed how CNN in china is blocked out by the Chinese censors. In the middle of the news, suddenly the screen goes black! Utterly shocking. Something right out of the pages of 1984 for sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Witness2008,
Firstly, I commend you on your spirit of activism. I was there at the rally here in NY for Tibet .

Originally posted by Witness2008
I just saw a report on the situation in Tibet on CNN. No reporters are known to be there and all western reporters have been denied entry. They were able however to document the large number of military moving into the region, helicopters and truck after truck with blocked license numbers.

Apparently, our resident "people's" republic spokesman claims that even this fact is in "doubt". He doesnt believe that there is any wrong in preventing free and fair representation of the facts. Apparently the only censorship going on is censoring the images of the dead Chinese.

On the other hand, the Chinese government released a grandiose statement that Lhasa is completely under control and that they haven used any weapons. Apparently they expect us to assume that the 80 odd dead in a week fell to rubber bullets!

Its really a feat the Chinese news presenters can keep a straight face when they present the news. The shear absurdity of the reports would make most people cringe.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join