It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Tibet!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
So now that is a "made up" accusation ??

accusing me of saying Locke was French
""John Locke was not even French nor was he ever American! ""

Basic English [Snip]

It says Voltaire was the one influenced.

ROFL

You lost young boy?

He was a strong influence on Voltaire, while his arguments concerning liberty and the social contract later influenced the written works of Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, and other Founding Fathers of the United States.

The American population then did not have the brain power to understand these ideas. Let alone people like Sam Adams or the Bostonians which were the trouble makers. He had to put those beautiful ideas down to the level which a thief and bandit could understand

Apparently not quite as stupid as to bring in the holocaust when talking about the American independence.

A case example [Snip]
You cannot even accept that the world is round. Lucky for you scientist believe all people can evolve....someday

I'd take weight watching, KFC and MCD's any day over pedophillia, a big mud wall

You mean the fat cats in DC ???

LOL. Again terrible, terrible broken english which makes no sense

Makes sense to me fat boy

Now you're saying Green.

I always said green. I said the Chinese police are using green camo

[edit on 17-3-2008 by chinawhite]

Mod Edit: Personal attacks removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 2) Behavior. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 17/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I can quote you but I wont bother because its tedious.

You can't quote me and made this excuse simply because [Snip]

Mod Edit: Personal attack removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 2) Behavior. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 17/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Well one insult to you is hardly as bad as the awfull insults to americans in general that you have never even spoken to. You helped set the uncivil tone in this thread. If your insulted..troll somewhere else.

So you insult Chinese people calling them uncivil, innocent people getting killed and beaten on the streets by Tibetans lesser than them.

Look at your own prejudice before you speak of mine

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I never claimed that I said he wasnt dead.

Loud and CLEAR

This is what you wrote and you still claim you didn't say it

"I did provide a picture of a Tibetan on the street dead which you disputed"

Second quote
"Obviously he's dead"

Really? Congratulations, now you know another word.

You seem to not understand what it means. I just need to repeat it so it gets into your thick head

Yes, China looks to the other side of the "Atlantic"

Washington is on the other side of the Alantic.

If you travel far enough, your learn that the world is ROUND. I can go BOTH ways

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by IAF101

I`ve got to say, I find your comments a little ironic, given your sig, with the "Israel, I stand tall with you" banner.

If this were an Arab Israeli riot, with Jewish shops being targeted, and with Israeli Jews being beaten by Israeli Arab mobs... where would you stand?

I see IAF101 has chosen to ignore this question

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
And the People's Republic is?

Democracy is what you make of it. Americans seem to think democracy is only for American citizens while there adventures overseas are carried out without any regard for human rights. You accuse China of violating human rights but not long ago, Blacks, Indians, Women in America did not enjoy any rights even though they were part of the "freest" country in the world.

If you feel so strongly about rights of the indigenous people, give your house to them if it makes you sleep better at night.

No one can justify the cultural and religious suppression of Tibet.

I can. If they get rough with police and innocent people like in 1956 when reforms wont even in place you get rough with them.

The Native Indians thought they were protecting themselves by doing the exact same thing in America and the Iraqis in Iraq. Guess where they are now

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I do not recal having refered to anyone, chinese or otherwise as being uncivil. You seem like a very angry person...could it be that your propoganda just will not work here and the frustration has taken over any comon sense you may have had?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I do not recal having refered to anyone, chinese or otherwise as being uncivil.

So saying that the Chinese people are stupid enough to be manipulated contending that only Americans are smart enough to understand the truth. What is even worst than people like IAF101 are people like you who think they are Sanctimonious and have this higher moral authority on the issue

You also claim that Chinese people are barbaric enough to kill 2 million Tibetans trying to gain the moral upper hand. You are no less right than the colonist/missionaries which went into "unclaimed" terrotiy and insulted them by saying their traditions and cultures are barbaric because they don't fit into western ideals

Dont you lecture me about insults

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this was sent to me this morning;

"I just spoke on the phone to someone in Chengdu who spoke to her brother in Lhasa who has been injured. The situation is terrible. The person cried while talking to me and said that so many people had been killed. The chinese shot at everybody in sight and blood and piles of corpses are lying around the main temple Tsuglakhang in Lhasa. Many people have been put into prison where they are being beaten. Tibetans are being forced to beat up their own countrymen. Many Tibetans are refusing to do so. All travel has been banned. The person appealed for
help.

It was heartbreaking to listen to all this".

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

And the suffering will continue. There is just bits and peices coming out of Tibet. I am going to be making a lot of calls tomorrow.

What would happen if we all hit that ignor button on chinawhite? I would like to see this thread get back on topic and away from the hidious and uneducated rage.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

What would happen if we all hit that ignor button on chinawhite?

I would prefer if you do.

Your bias chant "china barbarian this" , "china bad that" is getting increasingly annoying. Yet you claim the higher ground by belittling Chinese people?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The aftermath

Images taken BY WESTERN JOURNALIST, hence the copyright watermark.

Where is the crackdown. Right in the middle of Lhasa. I thought HUNDREDS had died. But once again NO EVIDENCE of any shooting or deaths.

I bet IAF101 isw going to accuse this of being Chinese brainwashed western propaganda. blah blah etc etc

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I would wish you to take that comment back, I have not made any remark about Chinese people in general. Only the Communist Party and the One China Policy. Nothing else.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Tibetan rioters attacking on innocent CHILD.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I have not made any remark about Chinese people in general. Only the Communist Party and the One China Policy. Nothing else.

That post is not even addressed to you

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Looting under the pretext of "independence" protest. Taken on the 15th. If the PAP did actually fire and use extreme force they could have easily cleared them out of the capital. But because they only had tear gas and rubber bullets they couldn't

A police officer -- speaking even as the main government building in Aba county, Sichuan province, came under siege -- told Reuters that about 200 Tibetan protesters had hurled petrol bombs and burnt down a police station.

Use of petrol bombs.

Earlier, troops locked down Lhasa -- a remote city high in the Himalayas barred to foreign journalists without permission and now sealed off to tourists too -- to prevent a repeat of last week's riots, the most serious in nearly two decades.

On the contrary to most reports.

There ARE FOREIGN JOURNALIST IN TIBET. Obviously when a country declares martial law, they are not going to accommodate journalist of any kind to come in.

Like the Journalist who took the pictures above, that i posted.

"Confirmed, regarding number of bodies, is 80," spokesperson Thubten Samphel told reporters from a Dharamsala temple. Another official, Tenzin Taklha, said most would have been Tibetans.

Spokesmen from Tibet acknowledges himself that THERE were Chinese people killed

mcclatchydc.com

[edit on 17-3-2008 by chinawhite]

JAK

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Warnings have been given, edits made.

Personal insults and hateful remarks are not tolerated.

Those who continue to do so will receive a three day post ban where they can spend time reacquainting themselves with the Terms And Conditions Of Use

Any concerns over this can be addressed to staff via use of the complaints feature.

After that request any derailing of this thread to address such concerns will be seen as a violation of T&C's 5b) Cooperation and subject to the appropriate action.

My apologies for the interruption, please continue to discuss the topic at hand.

Jak

[edit on 17/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

BEIJING, March 17 (Reuters) - China suspended foreign travel permits to Tibet out of "safety concerns", state media said, and troops locked down its capital Lhasa to try to prevent a repeat of Friday's violence, the most serious in nearly two decades.

Source

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already, but I refuse to read 14 pages of personal flaming between two certain persons.

In addition to the suspension of travel permits, they have also ordered nosy parkers (tourists/foreigners) to pack their suitcases and go home.

Perfect way of hiding the cruel repressions.

It is time for China to say no to imperialism and let people be. Tibet does not want Chinese control and has never wanted it.

European countries have already threatened to boycott the Games if China won't change its way of dealing with the issue in Tibet. If they won't, then hopefully they will boycott together with many other countries.

Tibetan protests spread to Chinese provinces

BEIJING -- Hundreds of Tibetan protesters with petrol bombs have destroyed a police station and police vehicles in a Tibetan region of Sichuan province, marking a dramatic new escalation of the violence that began in Lhasa last week, reports said last night.

At least seven Tibetan protesters in Sichuan were killed by paramilitary police, who opened fire on the crowd of pro-independence demonstrators yesterday, according to a Tibetan rights group. The report was unconfirmed and police denied it.

In another Tibetan region, in Gansu province, at least eight people were killed when police opened fire on 5,000 anti-China protesters yesterday, Radio Free Asia reported.

Source

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
In addition to the suspension of travel permits, they have also ordered nosy parkers (tourists/foreigners) to pack their suitcases and go home.

Have you consider that "tourists" or "foreigners" actually wanted to leave?.

Imagine street fighting and "gun shots"* on your holiday. Also, can you provide this "order" that the Chinese police gave to "foreigners" to leave.

* Gun shots as in rubber bullets not live ammunition

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Have you consider that "tourists" or "foreigners" actually wanted to leave?.

Of course, but not every foreigner is a tourist. Foreigners who don't want to leave or want to travel to Tibet are forbidden so. A French group of lawmakers is urging China to give them visas, but they won't do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join