It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Tibet!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Western media is banned from Tibet, phone lines and the internet has been cut off to the area too.

Only rogue journalists can get information out for us. 3:30pm GMT Monday is when the Chinese deadline passes.

Protesters are refusing to surrender. I fear for what is about to happen

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yes, I can feel the anxiety rising in my soul.
I know of how the Chinese goverment like to deal with things like this.
They are desperate to fix this little ordeal as quickly as possible.
The prelude to the Olympics is apparently going to be harder than they expected.
They want this done with swift, silent and brutal so that no uprising will happen again.
We, the selected observers must watch this closely no matter how gruesome it will become, just like we kept watching the events in Myanmar last year.

I spoke with user BetterMyanmar (I think it was him anyway) during the uprising in his homeland. He spoke about a Buddhist prediction of the "apocalypse". He said that the predictions said that the end time is near when the monks become attacked. There were reports (just prior to the uprising/massacre) of Buddha statues growing beard (a sign of inpurity in Buddhist tradition) as an omen for terrible times to come.

I feel such a commitment to this conflict. Almost 50 years of occupation. 2 million dead. Natives outnumbered by relocated Chinese... It is terror.

Towards the single Chinese citizen I have no grudge, I have friends who are Chinese and they also say that the presence in Tibet is not justified. And yes, some of the victims in Lhasa were innocent bystanders, I know this. Yet, the kettle is boiling over. The Chinese goverment has been either blind to the fact that aggression has been rising or, they knew it was gonna come and have planned a long time for how to eliminate all dissidents...

The internet/phone and journalist cut off is a bad, bad omen as well.
Dusk is setting in, not only on the Himalayan mountains but also in the very hearts of Tibetan men, women and children.

May peace and understanding come quick. No-one, nor Tibetan, nor Chinese, nor soldier must die. Just live in peace and respect of each others. Still, the struggle must not end either. Liberation has been waited for long enough now.

I fear this coming week.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

We can all play a small part in this. I am sending emails to my reps in D.C and I tell everyone I can what is happening and to boycott everything chinese. I am putting pressure on local news to cover this thing with some seriousness. If I had any chinese products in my house I would burn them in a public place, maybe in front of that walmart that peddles the stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

They will do nothing to help. Economics is "apparently" more important than human rights. No one will do anything because they fear China will not spend their wealth in our nations

Perfect example of why capitalism is all about money and nothing else.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

But this is what china relies upon, Americans sitting back and doing nothing. It took me 15 minutes to send emails to my congesswoman and senator. Another ten to call three news stations. I am shopping on line for bumper stickers and signs for my home. If we Americans stood up and said something the fire would spread. Me I am going to continue to post video of chinese cruelty hoping that those that see them think twice about buying chinese crap.

I also plan to find where the local protests will be held and try like hell to drag my butt and a few other butts there.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Lots of protests are planned tomorrow, I maybe attending with the Student Union outside the Chinese Embassy, but I've got a busy day of meetings and lectures

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

YES!!!! I am happy to hear that. I would post another thread asking why we americans sit back and do nothing when Tibet is being crushed, can you explain the external source quote procedure to me?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have found another link that will be of interest. I doubt much will be coming from Tibet as far as news footage for a very long time.

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The Dalai Lama just wants culture independence and more autonomy for Tibet. Which China has rejected.

China rules out Tibet autonomy

The headline is misleading. It says china ruled out GREATER autonomy not autonomy altogether. If china did not take back what was hers (as agreed by international powers), the Tibetan population would still be serfs to their lama masters. Yes the Dalai Lama has a peaceful aura about him, BUT which is a VERY big but, is that the Tibetan society is based NOT on democracy but on the enslavement of other people. The 1959 rebellion was based on previous social reform programs in which people were given EQUAL rights in Tibetan society, which people do you think objected to them.

Tibet already enjoys more autonomy than the rest of china. And its policies like this which prevent nut cases like the Mormons and Scientology from tricking the mines of people

After the Tiananmen Square Massacre, in which about 2,000 - 3,000

CIA gives that a figure of about 180-500.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Almost 50 years of occupation. 2 million dead.

And you'll believe anything.

Where is there ANY credible figure which backs up that figure. Your getting them off Tibetan websites with an obvious bias

Natives outnumbered by relocated Chinese..

The Russian media also claims 5 million Chinese in Russia, on a census figure it later proved to be 34,000. Highlighting the media as unreliable sources. The Yellow pearl, the flood of Chinese. All the media sees is a large population just waiting to flood any country

There isn't a large population of Chinese in Tibet. Thats why the Chinese population was completely outnumbered in Lhasa. There is no other place of commercial interest there but Lhasa

Why would millions of Chinese want to live in Tibet when obviously it has stagnant economic growth

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Maybe you can explain the actions of the chinese (documented in my last few posts) and then explain why anyone should trust what the chinese say.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Maybe you can explain the actions of the chinese (documented in my last few posts) and then explain why anyone should trust what the chinese say.

I haven't seen them so post then here

EDIT: Your talking about child labor?.

Its like me blaming the US government for a nut case which went on a shooting rampage.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Tibetan society is based NOT on democracy but on the enslavement of other people.

And the People's Republic is?

No one can justify the cultural and religious suppression of Tibet. If China has nothing to hide, why exile people from Tibet? Why control the media and ban Western journalists from reporting inside Tibet?

The totalitarian "one China policy" is only in place to justify the dictatorship of the Communist party. If China was a democracy, I doubt you would be seeing separatists in many regions. Including Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Let us start with this one. I shall patiently await your response.

video.google.com...

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well....It does not appear your "New Century China" is off to a very good start. I'm pretty sure most of the world will go along with what is said in the link below.

boycott2008games.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is why someone who doesn't know how the Chinese economy runs should not plain out yelling propaganda slogans or pre-text

We americans can take care of ourselves. The last I looked the grocery store shelves were as full as ever.

- Indeed, and how much percentages of those shelf space are imported? (Not only from China)

We americans know when we have made mistakes and we take the matter in hand and deal with it.

- You are kidding me? So what would have happened if you invade a country on the name of removing all non-existing WMD? Ok ok, maybe that was not a mistake to you, maybe you could tell me why one of the worst US president ever is being re-elected again to continue him damaging your economy, social systems and your international credibility? Or can you tell me why in each single city in USA statistically the crime rates are so high, caused by non-white (black etc) who lives in ghetto's?
- And ironically you don't want outsiders to mend in your INTERNAL affairs, why would you not spend your energy to take care of your own matters and issues at home before mending in other people's INTERNAL affairs.

Your Chinese economy however is built on the backs of a slave labor force.

- Have you ever walked in a Chinese Factory? Have you ever talked with a Chinese working labour? Have you ever looked at the Chinese labour law, (which IS being enforced) ?

Children being blown up in school because they are forced by your chinese system to earn the seat they occupy in that school room.

Children being bown up? Dude, you really have to elaborate this statement of yours. Last time I checked the news paper I only read that yet another maniac who bought his guns around the corner to shoot a few fellow classmates in the States. That is what I call tragic.

I preach daily to everyone I meet that chinese products are a bad idea, worthless crap.

- This is again you don't know how the economy works, or how businesses are being ran. Products are ALWAYS as good as what the CUSTOMER wants, based on PRICE/QUALITY/LEADTIME requirements. Chinese factories are taking orders in, produce it according to the agreement with the American (or whoever) quality standards and ship it out based on that. ANY agreement discrepancies, and you can count on that the owner of the factory can kill himself or run away, because his factory will receive a huge claim from his customer or loose his other main customers. After all everyone know everyone in their specific industry!
- Oh by the way, maybe it will surprise you that an owner who simply runs away and leave his employees unpaid will get paid by the local governments for at least one more month to search for another job (not that difficulty in this tight labour market as long as they are willing to work 8 hours a day), and afterwards fall back to the social system.

Let us say I get my message across, where would the chinese economy be then?

- Not at all, it only showed how ignorant you are, and only read what you see in the biased media, who is mainly sending out propaganda. Were you even aware of the news that Mattel sent his senior executives and publicly apologized to the Chinese public, because MOST of the bad quality MATTEL toys were caused by a BAD DESIGN, which was all being done in USA?

What I see in this thread are a couple of chinese that have been so programed that they can not see what the rest of the world sees.

- And what I see is a couple of brainwashed non-Chinese who also never came to China to see with your own eyes what China is. And would rather close up their own eyes for their own problems at home, and rather spend their time bashing on other people's cases instead of using their time more meaningful of solving their own problems, internally at home and the ones they caused abroad all over the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by IchiNiSan

You have not a clue on Native American culture nor the U.S. Back to the subject of the thread. You profess to be educated but this one simple point eludes you. Tibet.

- The funny thing is that as a Western European born and educated Chinese who only came back to China for the past 1,5 years, I have probably seen and experienced much more than you. Did you ever travelled outside your State? I mean at least I have travelled to all single European nation, travelled to Russia, Middle East, South-East Asia and North Africa. Oh and did I mention I spent months in the States and travelled from the East coast to the West coast in a rental?

Tibet had been PART of China for centuries and over thousands of years, which goes back centuries. China had been jumping from dynasty to dynasty for the past 5,000 years. Every single time between the dynasties there is a period wherein the central government is too weak to keep the stability causing outlaws to break away untill the next dynasty comes around to UNITE China again. The Qing dynasty was ending, the central government was weak, EXTREMELY weak, some territories broke away again as usual in these kinds of instable periods, don't mention the millions of deaths among the civil wars and uprising here and there. Before, during and after the WW2 China was in her last civil war among two fractions left. Obviously the Chinese communists won and did what they needed to do, UNITE the rest of China for the greater good of the total Chinese population. After all, we should learn from the history, and that's why the current strong Chinese government is also continuously gradually step by step developing and reforming themselves. Autonomy can be given to PROVINCES or even ruling under 1 country 2 system in former European colonies, but that does not mean they are not part of China or is allowed to make China instable. Tibetans should know their place, nobody is slaughtering them, nobody is raping them of their culture, nobody had put all the native Tibetans in protected reservations, they are also Chinese and IS given a high degree of autonomy. A RIOT would need to be broken down decisively, swiftly and fiercely, this is what USA would do, this is what even France will also do if their muslim minorities are starting a riot.

[edit on 16/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

somebody has too much time on hand, again, instead of spending the time and energy to resolve a bankrupted system, economy and hell what how many problem USA faces, you are trying to "help" some rioters in a place you never ever had been? (If you did care so much, it is definitely not that difficult to apply for a VISA and book a ticket to fly to China)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So Mr Chinawhite.

If your leaders are not planning anything badly , could you tell me why foreigners are not allowed to go in, and those who are in are taken out?

Maybe because of whats going to happen after their deadline?
Another Tien An Men eh.

Seen it all before.
Don't forget it's not only Americans not agreeing with what happens, it's a big chunk of the world. In other countries calls for Boycotts are coming, protests are held, letters written.

You will be again a paria.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

"one China policy" is nothing else than "a one Germany policy" or "one France policy" or "one Italy policy", or even a "one USA policy".

Tell me, WHAT is DEMOCRACY?

- I don't see putting a president in place who did not won over the majority of the votes as that democratic and wishing that at the new election hopefully a better one is put in place which minimize or even resolve some of the problems is that great.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join