It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Tibet!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
More from the Gulag that is Tibet:

Tibetans Clash with Chinese forces in Second City

BEIJING — Thousands of Buddhist monks and other Tibetans clashed with the riot police in a second Chinese city on Saturday, while the authorities said they had regained control of the Tibetan capital, Lhasa, a day after a rampaging mob ransacked shops and set fire to cars and storefronts in a deadly riot.

Conflicting reports emerged about the violence in Lhasa on Friday. The Chinese authorities denied that they had fired on protesters there, but Tibetan leaders in India told news agencies on Saturday that they had confirmed that 30 Tibetans had died and that they had unconfirmed reports that put the number at more than 100.

Demonstrations erupted for the second consecutive day in the city of Xiahe in Gansu Province, where an estimated 4,000 Tibetans gathered near the Labrang Monastery. Local monks had held a smaller protest on Friday, but the confrontation escalated Saturday afternoon, according to witnesses and Tibetans in India who spoke with protesters by telephone.

“Their slogans were, ‘The Dalai Lama must return to Tibet’ and ‘Tibetans need to have human rights in Tibet,’ ” said Jamyang, a Tibetan in Dharamsala, India, the seat of the Tibetan government in exile, who spoke to protesters. By Sunday morning, unconfirmed reports from pro-Tibet groups described new protests in other Tibetan areas of Gansu Province, and possibly elsewhere in Tibet.
The tumult also undercuts a theme regularly promoted by China’s propaganda officials, that Tibetans are a happy minority group, smoothly integrated into the country’s broader ethnic fabric.

“What we see right now, what is happening in Tibet, blows the whole propaganda strategy in Tibet wide open,” said Lhadon Tethong, an official with the New York-based advocacy group Students for a Free Tibet.

On Saturday the Chinese authorities defended their response to the violence in Lhasa. “We fired no gunshots,” said Qiangba Puncog, chairman of the Tibet Autonomous Regional Government, according to state media.

But Tibetan advocacy groups and witnesses in Lhasa offered contradictory accounts. The Tibetan government in exile said at least 30 Tibetans had died in the protests, according to Agence France-Presse. Witnesses told Radio Free Asia, the nonprofit news agency financed by the United States government, that numerous Tibetans were dead. A 13-year-old Tibetan, reached by telephone, said he had watched the violence from his apartment and saw four or five Tibetans fall to the ground after military police officers fired upon them.

Foreign journalists are being restricted from traveling to Lhasa, and the precise death toll remains unknown. State media reported 10 deaths and characterized most of them as shopkeepers. The government’s official news agency, Xinhua, reported that the victims had been “burned to death.”
Initially, the protests were largely ignored in the Chinese news media, which were providing blanket coverage of the annual meeting of the National People’s Congress, the Communist Party-controlled national legislature.

But with growing international concern, and reports that Chinese security forces had attacked monks, Xinhua issued a short statement blaming rioters for the violence. By Saturday morning, China’s state television network, CCTV, was broadcasting video of Tibetans burning buildings as anchors read directly from a Xinhua report that blamed the Dalai Lama for the violence.

Nepalese Police:

Tibetan Monks Protesting:

[edit on 16-3-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I said he was left for dead. (english ??

Another blatant lie. More BS IAF101

first Quote
"I did provide a picture of a Tibetan on the street dead which you disputed"

Second quote
"Obviously he's dead"

Then you said
"he was left to die by the Chinese police that beat him up"

Just like your forefathers, bandit and a liar. You know nothing about honor

Like I said prove that he is chinese. The caption never said that he was chinese.

He never said he was Tibetan either yet you claimed it as such.

But the FACT OF THE MATTER IS

- It was on th 14th when the police was blockaded in the streets let alone go out to beat a tibetan
- Not arrested
- No one helping him even if they were Tibetan, the reason they arent helping is because he is chinese
- The Video footage shows Chinese getting beaten up and NEVER Tibetans.
- If he was in that condition, the Police would have taken him to the station or hospital. Either to hide him from the cameras or torture him according to Tibetan independence groups.

It makes no sense for the chinese police to arrest him when they were incapable of maintaining order in the first place.

More BS

The Tibetans are claiming themselves that hundreds were arrested. There is no reason why they wouldn't have arrested him

Also your pictures dont show any APC used in America against crowds or patrolling American streets like Lhasa

The first picture was used during a riot in Miami. Your pathetic excuse that only untrained forces need APCs has been shot through the window just like all your otehr arguments.

The mere fact that police forces use them contradicts what you just said

Secondly, most of what he describes are assumption even made on his part.

Just like your arguement about 100 unconfirmed kills which was third hand knowledge yet you make it out as if it is the truth. There is two different articles

A tourist in Lhasa told the Guardian that trouble had flared in the early afternoon at the Jokhang monastery in the heart of the city as a young Tibetan man, egged on by bystanders, began to attack a security vehicle. Speaking on condition of anonymity, he said: "They started throwing bricks and stones and sticks. They turned over a couple of police cars and set fire to them. The crowds were throwing stones at any passing cars.

I have linked many artilces here and all of my links were credible.

You mean from fantasy land. Nope, not one bit credible

The Tibetans were not violent and their gathering was peaceful. They didnt kill any Chinese locals.

More lies. They started it and tried to take the chinese on. If its to hot, get out of the fire

A tourist in Lhasa told the Guardian that trouble had flared in the early afternoon at the Jokhang monastery in the heart of the city as a young Tibetan man, egged on by bystanders, began to attack a security vehicle. Speaking on condition of anonymity, he said: "They started throwing bricks and stones and sticks. They turned over a couple of police cars and set fire to them. The crowds were throwing stones at any passing cars.

The Tibetans claimed that their people were killed even prior to 1959. With 1959 being an especially barbarous period.

PROOF

Nothing worst than what happened in Vietnam, Iraq or America itself

Yes I'm sure there are a "LOT of things coming out".

Theres nothing coming out of your head which is worthwhile

Again your talking about that junk called CCTV.

Like CNN which distrots the news. WMD my ass

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Chinese Police:

MORE LIES

The CAPTION SAYS
"Nepalese police clashed with protesters in Kathmandu, Nepal, on Friday during a rally against Chinese actions in Tibet."

Caught you out again

[edit on 16-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Moreover the passage itself says that since the French and the Americans at that time were close they exchanged many ideas and thus the ideas of freedom and democracy influenced the French Revolution.

How does that mean helping them set up their republic?. They had their OWN ideas and philosophers.

Compared to the whole lot of you Chinese

Yeah of course.
1776 - Thief/bandit
2008 - descendant of thief

You said that the US pilots shoot iraqis on the ground, the onus is on you.

The onus is on you.

You claimed they were to fast

There is mass censorship in place and hundreds of people are dying

Now its hundreds of people are dying???? ROFL. More and more ridiculous as time goes by

Dont look like "police" to me. As you can see it is nothing short of state sponsored thuggery.

More lies and pathetic BS from you. They are police

They have batons NOT rifles.

They are the Internal guards which is basically the Chinese version of the of a MP in America

www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
You are a victim of extreme propaganda since the day you were born.

Why are you assuming I lived or was taught in China. Why do you assume what you are told is correct. I think you the one making value judgments based on your own assumptions about me

It is impossible for a normal sane person to justify the atrocities in Tibet and it makes you look almost humerous

First dont bombard with with rightest words. I will believe it when I see it. That means a picture or something with creditability to prove that it happens. Dont accuse me of not believing it when you have not provide anything to change my outlook. Oh, why do I provide examples of other countries, because the blame on human rights in this thread seems to be china centric. China is a developing country no doubt and my examples are to show what countries even when developed have done or is currently doing

By the way; all that "LOL" and smileys does not make you "cool", "hip" or even "down with that internet jive". It just make you sound like a jerk.

tsk tsk

You dont like what im posting because of what i am posting about. It has nothing to do with what I use to express yourself. After all human contact is 70% expression and 30% content

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

I said he was left for dead. (english ??

Another blatant lie. More BS IAF101

first Quote

Second quote
"Obviously he's dead"

Then you said

First quote: For all appearances he looked dead and I hadnt read the caption but acknowledged that my assumption was disputed.

Second quote: In response after your claim that he's already dead and why that happened due to the Chinese police leaving him for that.

Third quote: Again responding to why the Chinese police didnt bother to arrest him and also restated this in the post you quoted.

Like I said prove that he is chinese. The caption never said that he was chinese.

He never said he was Tibetan either yet you claimed it as such.

Because that is what the caption implies.

But the FACT OF THE MATTER IS

- It was on th 14th when the police was blockaded in the streets let alone go out to beat a tibetan
- Not arrested

Since the police was overwhelmed they didnt have the ability to take him to a hospital or arrest him.

- No one helping him even if they were Tibetan, the reason they arent helping is because he is chinese.

If he were chinese they would be no one around him at all as other Tibetans who as you claim beat him would attack them too.
They couldnt take him to a hospital as they didnt have transport or emergency services were not responding or they were waiting for emergency services.

- The Video footage shows Chinese getting beaten up and NEVER Tibetans.

Thats because it is Chinese propaganda and not news.

- If he was in that condition, the Police would have taken him to the station or hospital. Either to hide him from the cameras or torture him according to Tibetan independence groups.

They wouldnt need to hide him as they know no other media outlet is there other than Chinese state sponsored media and thus they can do as they like.

The Tibetans are claiming themselves that hundreds were arrested. There is no reason why they wouldn't have arrested him

The Chinese are themselves claiming that their police is being overwhelmed and rioters are creating chaos everywhere cordoning off police.
If the police cant move about safely themselves how can they arrest one person from an entire mob ?

The first picture was used during a riot in Miami. Your pathetic excuse that only untrained forces need APCs has been shot through the window just like all your otehr arguments.

Again, your pictures dont show it being used on people. Also in the first picture in the background you can clearly see people walking calmly. That doesnt show it being used in a riot. Also water cannons are known to be based on the APC platform sometimes.
Also the police in Miami arrested all 200+ protesters without killing anybody unlike in Lhasa.
Not to forget the most important thing, News media were available all through out that episode, national as well as international media. Again unlike Lhasa and Tibet 2008.

The mere fact that police forces use them contradicts what you just said

It doesnt contradict in anyway. The APC's used in Lhasa to patrol the streets. Miami had nothing like that. And that was a lone APC by all the evidence you provided. The APC's deployed by China are much larger than that and are clearly military.

Just like your arguement about 100 unconfirmed kills which was third hand knowledge yet you make it out as if it is the truth. There is two different articles

My argument about 100+ kills comes from almost all major news papers which claim it to be a source of information. That lone international agent is unnamed and only recounts a few aspects of what he saw. In all probability he might as well be a Chinese national spreading propaganda for his country to the foreign press.
That is why no other news outlet other than the Guardian has used him so far.

I have linked many artilces here and all of my links were credible.

You mean from fantasy land. Nope, not one bit credible

I suppose the CCTV and Chinese state sponsored propaganda is the gospel of truth right ?

More lies. They started it and tried to take the chinese on. If its to hot, get out of the fire

Why would the Tibetan monks resort to violence. All the pictures show that the monks have been peaceful in all their demonstrations. Even previous protests show that.
The Chinese propaganda claims that it the Tibetan monks who started it and that is the story they are trying to ask the world to buy. Sorry not happening. It doesnt make any sense.
The Tibetan government in exile which has clearly denounced the protests in the first place has claimed that it was the Chinese police that assaulted the monks which enraged the common people into rioting. This is very highly probable compared to monks setting fire to cars and attacking police.
Many other news outlets also claim this to be the truth.

PROOF

Nothing worst than what happened in Vietnam, Iraq or America itself

Prove that it isnt the truth

You ask for proof unashamedly even though you know that your totalitarian government allows no independent journalism in that region and openly suppresses facts and figures. That is the height of indoctrination.
Even if you add up Vietnam, Iraq you will still not come even close to the 1.2 million Tibetans killed by the Chinese in 1959. Add to that the millions of other deaths during the cultural revolution and even WW2 will pale in comparison.

Yes I'm sure there are a "LOT of things coming out".

Theres nothing coming out of your head which is worthwhile

Nor from your Country's propaganda machine that your regurgitate here diligently.

Again your talking about that junk called CCTV.

Like CNN which distrots the news. WMD my ass

CNN is not owned by the US government nor does it have exclusive access to American government. All news media, national and international have the same access and they all report the same things. Unlike China.

If WMD is your ass, why dont you hand it in ??

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
NEWS:

Reuters- Article with videos

China gives Tibetan protesters surrender ultimatum
"Criminals who do not surrender themselves by the deadline will be sternly punished according to the law," said a notice on the Tibetan government Web site (www.tibet.gov.cn).

International pressure mounted on Beijing to show restraint. Australia, the United States and Europe urged China to find a peaceful outcome, while Taiwan, which China claims as its own, predictably condemned Beijing for launching a crackdown.

Phayul

News Just in-Fresh protest by Amdo Ngaba Kirti monks
At around 11.30 AM (Beijing Time), thousands of Tibetan monks of Amdo Ngaba Kirti Monastery, in Ngaba County (Ch: Aba), Ngaba "Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture" ("TAP") Sichuan Province, gathered for a prayer session this morning. Shortly after the end of morning prayer session, thousands of monks erupted into spontaneous protest by raising slogans calling for "Tibet independence", "return of the Dalai Lama" and "freedom for Tibet", according to a confirmed information received by the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (TCHRD).
Full story

Whatever China does, Tibet will still demand its freedomBeijing can be benevolent or brutal, but it will find that national identity lies at the heart of Tibetan demands for self-determination

Putting the Olympic flame on the summit of Mount Everest must have seemed a great idea to the planning committee of the Beijing Olympics. What better expression of China's inexorable rise to superpower status could there be? Everest was the crowning glory for the Queen in 1953. So it would be for China's political elite.

Now the game is up. On Friday, a friend who organises expeditions to Everest called me on his way to Katmandu for the start of the climbing season. He had just heard that the Nepalese authorities, at China's request, had decided to stop climbers going on the mountain until after those carrying the Olympic flame had been and gone.

Full story

China Alert, Monasteries SealedHundreds of People’s Armed Police have surrounded 2 monasteries in Tibet to avoid further spread of the protests in Lhasa and other areas. Armed police reached Bumying Monastery of Sershul town (Shiqu County, Ganze Prefecture, Sichuan Province)and blocked all its access to the town.

Our sources say that many parents have not seen their children and families are complaining of missing members since the start of the turmoil in Lhasa.

Meanwhile, China has tightened its control on the rest of Tibet with strict restriction on Tibetans’ movement.

In Lhasa, shops remained closed, flights canceled, telephone and internet lines down and military is keeping a close watch on the town. Relatives inform us through email about their families not being able to go out, as they slowly run out of food supplies in their homes.

Full story

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
List of Lies IAF101 told

- Claimed a picture of a injured Chinese man beaten by Tibetan was Tibetan
- Then claimed he was dead TWICE
- Claimed Nepalese police were Chinese to make them look bad
- Claimed America helped establish the Third French Republic
- Claimed more than 100 people were killed, even through those reports were unconfirmed
- Later changed that claim to "hundreds"

EDIT:

I found a article to go with that picture
"A man lies injured in the street during street protests led by Buddhist monks against Chinese rule in Tibet Friday."

The article clears it up and SAYs DURING THE PROTEST.

Unless your going to tell me that Tibetans beat up tibetans

First quote: For all appearances he looked dead and I hadnt read the caption but acknowledged that my assumption was disputed
Second quote: In response after your claim that he's already dead and why that happened due to the Chinese police leaving him for that.

You only tried to acknowledge it when I disputed your claim.

I never claimed he was dead I claimed you said he was dead.

I think you have trouble mastering you native tongue
first Quote

Second quote
"Obviously he's dead"

Then you said

Why would the Tibetan monks resort to violence. All the pictures show that the monks have been peaceful in all their demonstrations. Even previous protests show that.

It wasn't a monk first. It was a tibetan youth, the ones with large machetes and Molotov cocktails

Monk attempting to loot

Link

You DID NOT EVEN SEE THE CAPTION.

You just said
" I hadnt read the caption"

But now thats what the caption implied?. MORE BS

That caption implies that he was beaten by the protesters. If he had been beaten by the Police, a western source would be jumping at that and making the caption say so

Since the police was overwhelmed they didnt have the ability to take him to a hospital or arrest him.

So they were so overwhelmed they had time to beat up a tibetan and leave him there and his tibetan friends left him there. Makes perfect sense.

So they can arrest and kill lots of people as you claim but cant arrest a single person?. Yeah, who are you trying to kid

Tibetans claim themselves that many people were arrested. Why would they leave him behind

Psurbu Tsering of the Tibetan Association of New York and New Jersey said its members received phone calls from Tibet claiming 70 people had been killed and 1,000 arrested.

They couldnt take him to a hospital as they didnt have transport

LOL

And they could steal motorbikes and trucks from passing dirvers but had no transport?. What about helping him to his feet

They wouldnt need to hide him as they know no other media outlet is there

More BS.

Firstly there were pictures sent out. Secondly there was western media in Tibet who were evacuated. Read the witness accounts on the guardian. They would have moved him if they did beat him up.

If the police cant move about safely themselves how can they arrest one person from an entire mob ?

How can they beat him up. Even in Iraq they managed to move them with a bike they stole or a car they stole or even on peoples backs. He is CHINESE and you have made stupid lies to tell us otherwise

Again, your pictures dont show it being used on people.

And your picture does?

It doesnt contradict in anyway. The APC's used in Lhasa to patrol the streets. Miami had nothing like that.

Your argument was why countries needed APC because of poor training. You were completely discredited

Miami smaller problem which had to use APC's. China Bigger problem has to use more APC's

My argument about 100+ kills comes from almost all major news papers which claim it to be a source of information.

They ALWAYS USE UNCONFIRMED.

You do know what unconfirmed mores dont you?

I suppose the CCTV and Chinese state sponsored propaganda is the gospel of truth right ?

At least they HAVE PROOF.

Unlike you

The Chinese propaganda claims that it the Tibetan monks who started it and that is the story they are trying to ask the world to buy.

According to a westerner writting to a WESTERN source. Not the Chinese government I gather

Even if you add up Vietnam, Iraq you will still not come even close to the 1.2 million Tibetans killed by the Chinese in 1959

3million Vietnam
1million Iraq

CNN is not owned by the US government nor does it have exclusive access to American government.

Doesn't make it more truthful than any other media

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Chinese Police:

MORE LIES

The CAPTION SAYS
"Nepalese police clashed with protesters in Kathmandu, Nepal, on Friday during a rally against Chinese actions in Tibet."

Caught you out again

Going to hide this picture IAF101

Absolutely pathetic.

You tried to show a Chinese Man beaten as Tibetan now Nepalese police as Chinese police

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Why are you assuming I lived or was taught in China. Why do you assume what you are told is correct. I think you the one making value judgments based on your own assumptions about me

With that extreme patriotic attitude I took it for granted. But if that is wrong, where DO you live and where were you born? Just asking, you don't need to tell. It would clear up the mist though...

First dont bombard with with rightest words. I will believe it when I see it. That means a picture or something with creditability to prove that it happens. Dont accuse me of not believing it when you have not provide anything to change my outlook. Oh, why do I provide examples of other countries, because the blame on human rights in this thread seems to be china centric. China is a developing country no doubt and my examples are to show what countries even when developed have done or is currently doing

But the CCTV news you swallow hook, line and sinker... If that isn't ironic I don't know what is. And for being "China centric", it is the subject for this thread. Discussions about other atrocities can be found in other threads.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Moreover the passage itself says that since the French and the Americans at that time were close they exchanged many ideas and thus the ideas of freedom and democracy influenced the French Revolution.

How does that mean helping them set up their republic?. They had their OWN ideas and philosophers.

No. Their ideas were taken from the American Revolution. The people who revolted against the monarchy drew inspiration and received support from the Americans for their revolution.

Compared to the whole lot of you Chinese

Yeah of course.
1776 - Thief/bandit
2008 - descendant of thief

2000 B.C - insecure totalitarian barbarians
2008 A.D - still insecure totalitarian barbarians

Sort of disproves evolution in a way doesnt it?

You said that the US pilots shoot iraqis on the ground, the onus is on you.

The onus is on you.

You claimed they were to fast

Yes they are! Try wikipedia:Fighter aircraft
As you will learn fighter aircraft in 2008 are fast.
Now prove that Americans shoot Iraqi's from their airplanes. Not bomb but shoot individual Iraqi's .

Do you want proof that this is 2008 as well ??

There is mass censorship in place and hundreds of people are dying

Now its hundreds of people are dying???? ROFL. More and more ridiculous as time goes by

Yes, unless you are being brainwashed otherwise. Already in Lhasa 100+ people are dead. There are 4000 odd protestors in a second city Xiahe too that recently protested. If we are to expect the same outcome there as well it will already become more than 200.
Also 80 confirmed killed in Tibet: govt-in exile

More lies and pathetic BS from you. They are police

They have batons NOT rifles.

They are the Internal guards which is basically the Chinese version of the of a MP in America

More lies from the Chinese media about Lhasa under control apparently. If they had to deploy so many APC's.

MP's are part of the military in America. If the MP's were called in someplace it would be like calling in the military.

Just looking at that picture it is easily to see at least 5 APC's in a deserted street which clearly look military. Also the soldiers on the ground are wearing army camo fatigues much like regular military forces. I cant make out any batons, they look like they have backpacks on their backs. Police dont have backpacks.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
But if that is wrong, where DO you live and where were you born?

Born in Hong Kong but live in Australia and residing and Australia for a long long time. But have been regularly back to china, twice last year

But the CCTV news you swallow hook, line and sinker..

No I don't. I am using them in comparison because they provide EVIDENCE which is the most important thing when looking at a issue

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

The CAPTION SAYS

I posted the picture from the CNN slide show. I didnt see the caption. My mistake and I will graciously acknowledge that. I have no problem in that. I have corrected by original post also.

But you havent responded to the article I quote from CNN and how the Chinese propaganda machines just reads each others propaganda line for line.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

No. Their ideas were taken from the American Revolution.

So Volutaire, Locke and Rousseau didn't exist?????.

The American revolution was influenced by the Above. The French wont influenced by the Americans they were influenced by the philoshpes

Yeah. Bandtis are always bandits

As you will learn fighter aircraft in 2008 are fast.

Aircraft always go at their maximum speed now???

Yes, unless you are being brainwashed otherwise. Already in Lhasa 100+ people are dead.

UNCONFIRMED.

You seriously need a dictionary

More lies from the Chinese media about Lhasa under control apparently. If they had to deploy so many APC's.Police dont have backpacks.

The reason it is under control is BECAUSE of those APCs.

If you dont have a clue about chinese PAP dont make stupid accusations.

You said somethign about camo. Look at those fake chinese soldiers you posted aka nepalese and they also wear camo

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

But you havent responded to the article I quote from CNN and how the Chinese propaganda machines just reads each others propaganda line for line.

CNN, FOX, BBC are all running the same headlines.

What are this line for line thing again?.

Most of them even have the same pictures as well

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Well seeing foreign reporters aren’t allowed in (A point that continues to go over your head) I would more incline to believe what small bits are leaking out.

www.smh.com.au...

"Some are angry and some are scared. The security forces are checking houses to see if any monks are hiding," said the source, who is in touch with Tibetan residents.
An American witness in Lhasa told BBC World he saw Chinese troops kicking and beating Tibetan protesters at the temple. He said he saw troop carriers arriving with soldiers in camouflage gear carrying guns.

query.nytimes.com... I know how much you keep draging up u.s. history so heres some of yours.

LEAD: At least 18 Buddhist monks, including a 12-year-old boy, were killed during nationalist protests in the Tibetan capital of Lhasa in early March, according to a new report from a foreigner who went to Tibet after the violence.
Many of the monks died when they jumped or were thrown from the Jokhang Temple, a Buddhist shrine in the capital, when Chinese forces stormed it March 5,
News from Tibet has been strictly controlled by the Chinese authorities, who have cut telephone and telex lines to Lhasa and barred most foreign journalists from traveling there
According to the account, a large number of Tibetan civilians were wounded in clashes with Chinese police and troops, and many Tibetans died because they were denied medical treatment and scores of others were arrested. Many of those arrested had been tortured, some with electric prods, the foreigner wrote.

''Anyone who dies is to be claimed by the family,'' the account said, ''at which point a fee is demanded for food and care offered while in hospital.''
One family, the writer said, was forced to pay more than 1,000 yuan, or about $270, to claim the body of a relative. This is equivalent to 10 months' earnings for an average family.

news.sbs.com.au...

One foreigner in Lhasa said Chinese troops armed with automatic rifles had set up positions in the old city after clearing it of people and were firing at anything that moved.

[edit on 16/3/08 by iammonkey]

[edit on 16/3/08 by iammonkey]

Mod Edit: Fixed external link

[edit on 16-3-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

List of Lies IAF101 told
- Claimed a picture of a injured Chinese man beaten by Tibetan was Tibetan
- Then claimed he was dead TWICE
- Claimed Nepalese police were Chinese to make them look bad
- Claimed America helped establish the Third French Republic
- Claimed more than 100 people were killed, even through those reports were unconfirmed
- Later changed that claim to "hundreds"

Not one of them is a lie.

-The picture is indeed Tibetan and has been shown to be Tibetan protester in many articles.
-Claimed he was dead as the picture shows him to be and also after you said he was dead.
-The Nepalese police was a genuine mistake as I already stated.
-American influence in establishing the French Third Republic is well known to all students of history. I have even given a link to this. I will add another to my list of links : www.historians.org...
-Of the 100+ reported to be killed, 80 are "confirmed" dead already. So who is lying ??
-The initial figure was give only for Lhasa but with protests in other cities also considered it is only natural to assume the death toll to rise exponentially.

I found a article to go with that picture
"A man lies injured in the street during street protests led by Buddhist monks against Chinese rule in Tibet Friday."

The article clears it up and SAYs DURING THE PROTEST.

Unless your going to tell me that Tibetans beat up tibetans

Prove it. Where is your link ?

Independent news sources clearly say that monasteries around Lhasa are sealed off by the Chinese police and military to prevent monks from coming out. Isnt this more Chinese lies and propaganda ??

www.nytimes.com...
The apparent epicenter of Friday’s protests was the Tromsikhang Market, a large, concrete structure built in the Barkhor area by the Chinese authorities in the early 1990s. “It’s chaos in the streets,” said a person who answered the telephone at a bread shop near the market.

What actually set off the violence is unclear, as accounts differed between Chinese and Tibetan residents. Monks from the Ramoche Temple, a short walk from the market, reportedly began to march in the Barkhor area. The Ramoche monks intended to protest the rough treatment of monks who had marched earlier in the week, according to a Tibetan rights advocate in the United States who has communicated with people in Lhasa.

When police officers began beating the monks, Tibetans rioted in the Barkhor area, the advocate said.
Angry mobs set fire to a police car and a store owned by a Chinese shopkeeper, said the advocate, who refused to be publicly identified for fear of reprisals.

You only tried to acknowledge it when I disputed your claim

I never claimed he was dead I claimed you said he was dead.

As soon as I posted it you said he was HAN Chinese. You havent posted one shred of evidence that he is chinese despite your claims.

When I asked you for proof of him being Chinese, you said he was dead!

I think you have trouble mastering you native tongue

I think you have trouble comprehending my native language.

It wasn't a monk first. It was a tibetan youth, the ones with large machetes and Molotov cocktails

You just said it was the Tibetans who started it first and the monks were the first to protest !
Also you have repeatedly claimed that they have Molotov Cocktails, without any pictures showing them to have that.

Monk attempting to loot

Link

I saw the entire video it doesnt show a monk looting anywhere. Even the picture is so grainy and distorted it is hard to tell if the person is just standing there or is participating in looting or for that matter if the image is even real.

The video doesnt have it! So yet again we are left with more puzzles and smoke screens than any facts thanks to the reporting from State sponsored media companies.

You DID NOT EVEN SEE THE CAPTION.

You just said
" I hadnt read the caption"

But now thats what the caption implied?. MORE BS

Now you are just being disingenuous and trying to cover up the obvious.

You are quoting statements from different time frames and trying to hold them together. First I hadnt read the caption. After you posted the caption I read it and then said that my conclusion is wha the caption implies.

Lets look at the caption again,

A man lies injured in the street during street protests, Friday, March 14, 2008, in Lhasa,Tibet. Protests led by Buddhist monks against Chinese rule in Tibet turned violent Friday, with shops and vehicles torched and gunshots echoing through the streets of the ancient capital, Lhasa.
(AP Photo)

To anybody who reads this it is easy to see that the caption talks about the Protests turning violent against the Chinese RULE and gunshots being mentioned here! Obviously the since there are no shops burnt nearby the injured person we are led to believe is Tibetan injured by the police.

So they were so overwhelmed they had time to beat up a tibetan and leave him there and his tibetan friends left him there. Makes perfect sense.

So they can arrest and kill lots of people as you claim but cant arrest a single person?. Yeah, who are you trying to kid

It is simple logic. They dont need "time" to beat him up. One blow to the head with a baton could do the trick. His friends are right beside him, while the other looks like he is going to call for help. As the picture clearly shows there are only 3 other people there. They are in all probability waiting for help. If he were chinese the police would have rescued him or the Chinese media would have shown him over and over again in their propagada and his name would be famous now. Yet you have still not been able to get his identity from the Chinese media because he is NOT chinese in all probability.

Tibetans claim themselves that many people were arrested. Why would they leave him behind

Psurbu Tsering of the Tibetan Association of New York and New Jersey said its members received phone calls from Tibet claiming 70 people had been killed and 1,000 arrested.

Who said he was left behind ?? There are two people watching over him and a third most likely getting help.

And they could steal motorbikes and trucks from passing dirvers but had no transport?. What about helping him to his feet

What is the point in helping an injured person to their feet ?? You would only do more damage to the person. Unless the police were after them there would be no point to do that because obviously he is too injured to move himself anyway.
As for stealing motorbikes and trucks from passing drivers, there is no proof of that at all and is just more Chinese propaganda. Also does that picture look like there is a lot of traffic there ??

Firstly there were pictures sent out. Secondly there was western media in Tibet who were evacuated. Read the witness accounts on the guardian. They would have moved him if they did beat him up.

Absolute garbage.
The only picture even taken by the Communist news service are what the Tibetans have done. Second, hardly any foreign news people in Tibet. The Guardian is the only one running with that "theatrical tale" of account.

And your picture does?

yes, five six APC's patrolling Lhasa. Definitely.

Your argument was why countries needed APC because of poor training. You were completely discredited.
Miami smaller problem which had to use APC's. China Bigger problem has to use more APC's

Not at all. You never showed that that APC's were used by the Miami PD to quell protests. You never showed APC's patrolling the streets of Miami. It is the Chinese police that are discredited.
As for bigger problem, it would never have been a problem if the Chinese police knew how to handle the situation from the start without using totalitarian methods.

They ALWAYS USE UNCONFIRMED.

Obviously since China doesnt allow any foreign journalists at all.
80 people are already confirmed dead so far. So the numbers are not far off.

At least they HAVE PROOF.

Which nobody can verify.

3million Vietnam
1million Iraq

WRONG again
250,000-Vietnam and 55,000-Iraq. Which makes it only 305,000!

CNN is not owned by the US government nor does it have exclusive access to American government.

Doesn't make it more truthful than any other media

Compared to a state owned media machine of totalitarian state commiting crimes against humanity ?? You bet it does.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

No. Their ideas were taken from the American Revolution.

So Volutaire, Locke and Rousseau didn't exist?????.

The American revolution was influenced by the Above. The French wont influenced by the Americans they were influenced by the philoshpes

John Locke was not even French nor was he ever American! Also not to mention the bourgeoisie ideals of the Enlightenment's philosophy would hardly be a matter of discussion for the plebeian masses who actually ignited the revolution in both countries. In America the revolution was never about Voltaire, Locke or Rousseau. It was Thomas Paine, Jefferson and Franklin etc who sparked the philosophical debate .
Even if you are naive enough to consider their struggle to be some quest after philosophical ideals then the American revolution, where many French soldiers had taken part, had shown that the ideals of equality, democracy etc could be put into practice successfully. Thus even that avenue of debate is foolish to discount American influence to say the least.

Yeah. Bandtis are always bandits

Back to basic english are we ? Still havent come across a chinese copy of what an english dictionary should be??
When you do look up BANDIT.

Aircraft always go at their maximum speed now???

I knew you would ask the mundane thats why I linked to that whole article. Which if you read, you will find that stall speed for a modern aircraft is significantly higher than previous aircraft making it very hard to shoot individual people on the ground.
The science behind it aside, you have not provided any proof of your assertion that they shoot at people at all, yet again employing the Chinese ploy of refusing to give a straight answer and detracting from the real issues.

UNCONFIRMED.

You seriously need a dictionary

You seriously need to get yourself deprogrammed !
80 Tibetans already confirmed dead. No proof of the 10 Chinese killed though.

The reason it is under control is BECAUSE of those APCs.

So in effect the effect the regular brutes are useless.

If you dont have a clue about chinese PAP dont make stupid accusations.

You said somethign about camo. Look at those fake chinese soldiers you posted aka nepalese and they also wear camo

Sorry I dont know about all the Chinese thugs used to enforce and maintain the totalitarian gulag that is PRC but common sense would dictate that jungle camo is of no use to police.

The Nepalese camo on the other hand was blue and grey, which is close to the urban camo used by NATO forces black and grey. The Chinese Military police however had jungle camo which clearly shows that they are NOT police but military or even para-military.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

No they dont all have the same pictures. Most of their stories are also different.

The yahoo news site has more photos than any other news site I've seen. AP has a lot of the photos CNN uses. AFP uses different photos than AP and different stories as well.

FOX is completely different yet again with only broad outlines and cursory mentions. BBC is not uptodate on many details yet.

All the news coming from that area is through the totalitarian state's mouth piece. Any sources inside Tibet they can get a hold of are "anonymous" as the Communists will kill them like the Tibetans. Chinese Internet is again fire walled and blocked most of the places. Thus, it is only natural that they use at least the same images.

You can see that most of these sources loath to use the China media mill accounts because they ALL know that is dubious content filled with propaganda.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Now the Chinese spread their totalitarianism to other countries:

Chinese security deployed in Nepal

LIPANG VILLAGE, Nepal-China border (AFP) — China has deployed security personnel inside neighbouring Nepal to keep an eye out for protests by pro-Tibetan groups, Nepali officials have said.

Plain-clothes Chinese officers could be seen on Saturday on the Nepali side of the border with Tibet, and even blocked an AFP correspondent and photographer from working on Nepali soil near the main border crossing with Chinese-controlled Tibet.

The cross-border security measures come after unrest in Tibet and a major clampdown in Lhasa, the Tibetan capital.

"Because of the situation in Lhasa, there are a lot more plain-clothes Chinese armed police on the Nepal side," explained a senior Nepali military official who asked not to be named.

"In India, there are Tibetan exiles starting marches to Tibet, and the Chinese are scared the same thing could happen here," the military official told AFP from the border crossing near Lipang village, 70 kilometres (44 miles) northwest of Kathmandu.

Another Nepali border official confirmed the presence of Chinese security officials inside Nepal.

"Before, there were very few Chinese security on our side, but since the protest in Lhasa, there has been at least six Chinese security officials on the Nepali side of the border post all the time. Sometimes, there are as many as 12," said the Nepali border official, who also asked not to be named.

An AFP photographer was challenged by 10 Chinese security officials in civilian clothing and uniforms more than 200 metres (yards) inside Nepali territory, and ordered to erase his images of the area.

"We are a very small country. China is very powerful so we must do what the Chinese tell us," said the Nepali official, while refusing to say if Chinese security officials were allowed to detain people inside Nepal.

Not that enforcing their draconian system was enough for China in occupied Tibet, now they want to harass Tibetans in neighboring states as well. I wonder if the Indians will allow these Chinese "agents" into their soil as well like the Nepalese ?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join