It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you study survival

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I study survival because I live In a world ware people blind pilots who are landing planes, and think its funny.

I study survival because I live in a world ware Mass murderers and criminals are looked up to instead of down to.

I study survival because I live in a world ware people can glorify violence to sell music

I study survival because I live in a world ware people violently push there views onto others

These are just a few of the reasons why I study Survival, why do you study survival?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm afraid my number one reason is paranoia.

As in, i don't want to be in a situation where the person in charge of our survival seems like he knows what he's doing, when i can trust my own skills and abilities over someone with questionable experience.

I don't like being lead into darkness by people who think they're heading towards the light.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I study survival in order to enjoy nature better.
I study survival so I can teach it to my children and inspire a love of nature in them.
I study survival Just in case I am ever stranded for an extended time in the wild.
I practice what I study so that I will survive.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I study survival so that I know that I have given my self the best possible chance of not becoming dead if anything happens.

It might not be just me that I save, so knowing survival skills could help save someone else's life, and what can be a better reason than that?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I study survival so I can survive when worse comes to worse. I don't want to be one of those who wait for the government to come and help you. That's your greatest chance to die in my honest opinion. Good example was hurricane Katrina. When nature comes straight at you like that you best be ready. I always have everything I need in my truck to stay warm, to hunt with if needed. I have jerky and dehydrated foods to eat and water available. I wonder how many people actually have survival stuff in their vehicles? I study survival to survive and for my family to know how to survive with or without me.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I study survival because you never know what's around the next corner. Knowledge is power.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I study survival for love.

Love for my child, so I may protect him should anything happen that may jepordize his future. And I will teach him what I have learned so that he will be able to protect himself, and the ones he loves, in this unstable world we live in.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't depend on others for my survival. I have a burning desire to live, and not have my life cut short due to my own lack of knowledge. Learning the basics can save your life. When you get stranded in the middle of nowhere you better be able to build a fire from scratch, and know what plants you can eat.

In case of some "Situation X" where society collapses into chaos you better be able to handle your self, and know how to protect those you love.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i study survival so i can help others. i dont really care what happens to me as long as the people i love are ok.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I study survival to be ready for any emergency situation that might come my way. If you know just the basics, you're probably better prepared than 90% of the population.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Learning how to do more than be a sheep should be a priority in life. Ever salt fish, or can venison in cans? ever store eggs in waterglass? Our forefathers knew these things and in one generation they are gone.

Do we wait on our roofs for weeks till the fema chumps decide to show up?

Bull Sh*t They could have flown soldiers from Iraq in within 18 hours of when those poor people in new orleans were suffering. They could have landed fleets of water tankers and food driving right out of the same planes that the tanks and humvees go in. They are doing it right now this very minute to fight shrubs war for oil. It was a racial assault on the black race. Plain and simple. They scr*wed them on purpose. To keep the black man down. Scuse my french. Everyone looks the other way till its the white middle class I guess. Don't wait for any one to help you.

I learned it because the people I knew were passing soon and wanted me not to suffer. That is why I was taught. That is why I learned. Because they can't be trusted. They have broken every trust with the people and become a cancer to the public.

Learn to live.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I dont consider them survival skills. Life skills. I have been a student of nature as long as I can remember. Growing up in rural Pa. And being taught in the old ways by my father and grandfather gave me a tremendous respect and love for nature. Something I continue to this day.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
1) Simple curiosity.
2) In case anything really bad happens, hopefully I can remember a few of these things!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I study survival because of all the reasons that can be listed as "cause of death", ignorance is the most inexcusable. Apathy runs a close second.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatus
I study survival because of all the reasons that can be listed as "cause of death", ignorance is the most inexcusable. Apathy runs a close second.

I can only give you one star for this one, but If I could it would be three and a well deserved three at that.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I gave you a star to Semper. wise words as usual. Ware ya been? Somebody else give that man a star. I would also like to nominate him for mod applause.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Because I was born on earth. And it should be common sense to know how to live on your native planet.
Because when you know your existence is secure without vanity, only then is vanity really vanity. Using vanity as an excuse to not know how to survive seems a bit haphazard to me.
Because if nature worked the same way modern human societies do; something as great as a human would have never been created.

And mainly because it is not paranoia to know nature will always get the upper hand.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
because in any given situation i strive to be a part of the solution , not a part of the problem .

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would like to start studing survival techniques so i can protect myself when every thing goes to hell but i dont know how to study it. I probably should be out in the nature learning stuff that way.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I study survival out of PARANOIA!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join