It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine NO Religion...Would the world be more peaceful?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
First of all religion is an adherance to a system governed and controlled by man. So even politics is a form of religion, science is a form of religion, education is a form of religion. Wickedness in high places is what aims to control the peoples/masses. But it's all a destructive false sense of peace and security. Whilst we are here in this world, in the flesh, there will be division, no matter what the catagory or label we give it.

It's almost ludicrous to claim that religion is the one and only system that if abolished then all things would be peaceful and harmonised. Mans system period is not without error. Why else do you think the Holy Word comforts us through these wicked times. The word tells us 'believers' what has happened, what we will be dealing with and then the inevitable end to this age of man and his governmental rule.

You and I have complaints about things in this world, but I assure the whole world including you and me will be welcoming the return of the Kingdom of Heaven, where there will be no complaints, no divisions, no contentions or strife. So be of good cheer !

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Religion is man made which is why we have the problems. but, there is a God and its a Relationship not a religion. If everyone had a relationship with the living God, the world would be a much better place imo.

Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

I so much agree with what you are saying...it's not fit.

There is more to see with what's going on around us....

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There are a couple things to keep in mind when discussing this topic. First, religion and spirituality are two separate things. Second, religion is not required for a person to have what would be considered good morals.

I strongly believe that a person can have a very beneficial and enlightening spiritual life without being involved with a religion. I mean, why should a person's desire to mediate or pray have to be complicated by a man made belief system?

The second point is important because religion can influence what a person's morals are. For example a Christian will view premarital sex as wrong, while a non-Christian may feel differently. In other words, depending on your religious standing, good and bad morals are a matter of perspective. It is this very point which, in my opinion, has religion causing problems in the world.

If a Christian kills a Muslim in the name of religion, is that Christian going to be persecuted by other Christians? Probably not like they should. What if it were the other way around? Many religions call all other religions false, and for those religions to be eliminated. So if killing for God is going to accomplish that, how can it be wrong? Of course anyone with a sound conscience realizes that killing for any reason is wrong. But religious zealots don't always see things that way.

Would the world be better without religion? Perhaps. But as others have pointed out, people would probably just find something else to fight over instead. So who really knows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join