It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the real victims in the War on Terror?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

seems to me like most americans really need to reevaluate things.
we're now responsible for the loss of more innocent lives than al-qaeda, yet you still have people chanting "stay the course"

yes, let's keep plowing the tank through the crowd of civilians when there are 4 terrorists in it

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You failed to provide information about the source of these
'statistics'.

BTW - you do know how many civilians Saddam was responsible for killing, right? And you do know how many civilians the terrorist/insurgents are responsible for killing, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You failed to provide information about the source of these
'statistics'.

...these are a conservative estimate.
iraq body count lists civilian casualties as over 82,000...

they even provide citation of specific incidents.
example:

Samarra: 15-year-old girl is shot dead by police who open fire on family car at checkpoint.

BTW - you do know how many civilians Saddam was responsible for killing, right?

...in how long of a period?
sure, saddam was bad...but i'm quite sure we've blundered here with how we removed him
do you have numbers for the average number of innocent civilians that died as a result of saddam's rule for the 3 years prior to us removing him from power?

And you do know how many civilians the terrorist/insurgents are responsible for killing, right?

but who holds the responsibility for destabilizing things and creating a situation in which they thrive?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Great point. I think the Iraq body count escapes most people's level of understanding.

Who are the real 'terrorists' anyway? Al Qaeda? The Taliban? Bull#. The US military has done more damage to the middle east in the short amount of time its been there than all of those 'evil regimes' combined.

top topics

join