It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the real victims in the War on Terror?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

seems to me like most americans really need to reevaluate things.
we're now responsible for the loss of more innocent lives than al-qaeda, yet you still have people chanting "stay the course"

yes, let's keep plowing the tank through the crowd of civilians when there are 4 terrorists in it

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You failed to provide information about the source of these
'statistics'.

BTW - you do know how many civilians Saddam was responsible for killing, right? And you do know how many civilians the terrorist/insurgents are responsible for killing, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You failed to provide information about the source of these
'statistics'.

...these are a conservative estimate.
iraq body count lists civilian casualties as over 82,000...

they even provide citation of specific incidents.
example:

Samarra: 15-year-old girl is shot dead by police who open fire on family car at checkpoint.

BTW - you do know how many civilians Saddam was responsible for killing, right?

...in how long of a period?
sure, saddam was bad...but i'm quite sure we've blundered here with how we removed him
do you have numbers for the average number of innocent civilians that died as a result of saddam's rule for the 3 years prior to us removing him from power?

And you do know how many civilians the terrorist/insurgents are responsible for killing, right?

but who holds the responsibility for destabilizing things and creating a situation in which they thrive?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Great point. I think the Iraq body count escapes most people's level of understanding.

Who are the real 'terrorists' anyway? Al Qaeda? The Taliban? Bull#. The US military has done more damage to the middle east in the short amount of time its been there than all of those 'evil regimes' combined.

new topics

top topics

join