It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers Told to 'rewrite' History on Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Teachers Told to 'rewrite' History on Iraq!

www.independent.co.uk

At the heart of the union's concern is a lesson plan commissioned by an organisation called Kids Connections for the Ministry of Defence aimed at stimulating classroom debate about the Iraq war.

In a "Students' Worksheet" which accompanies the lesson plan, it stresses the "reconstruction" of Iraq, noting that 5,000 schools and 20 hospitals have been rebuilt. But there is no mention of civilian casualties.

In the "Teacher Notes" section, it talks about how the "invasion was necessary to allow the opportunity to remove Saddam Hussein" but it fails to mention the lack of United Nations backing for the war. The notes also use the American spelling of "program".

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Are you freakin' kidding me?!? The MOD is trying to issue PROPEGANDA in school classrooms, painting a rosey pictire on what a great thing the Iraq war was! Brainwashing 101---On kids!! This is unreal!

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That the MoD / Government would try to spin events is nothing new, pushing it in the classroom though is sickening.
What's telling is the Us spelling. Either this was drafted by the US for use in our schools or those in charge of the education of our children need to go back to school themselves.

Honestly though, is anybody really surprised by this? Does the programme allow, for instance, the questioning of events? Why was the reconstruction of civilian infrastructure necessary and why did we destroy it, when international conventions forbid it? Are students to be allowed to discuss the events and draw their own conclusions, that may be at odds with the official line?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Karl Rove has been doing the same thing Stateside:

news.aol.com...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by America Jones]

CX

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just gives me, as a parent of two little ones, even more reason to keep them informed of ALL sides of the story.

What they choose to believe as they grow up is up to them, but they WILL have all the facts that are available. I won't freak them out, but i can tell them stuff at a level they can understand.

They will not be growing up blinkered if i can help it.

CX.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by America Jones

That is insane! This guy is just too much. Even more nuts--about 15% of the US population will believe him.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
mmmmm, typical is it not!!!!

Always remember that History is written by the winners

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
What's telling is the Us spelling. Either this was drafted by the US for use in our schools or those in charge of the education of our children need to go back to school themselves.

Yep-that caught my eye as well. No doubt this is a coordinated propeganda-indoctrinization effort being handed down from the states into the UK. Brainwashing personified. "Get to 'em while they're young!"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey DD - check the post times

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Always remember that History is written by the winners

Last I checked, the US hasn't won.

It's not uncommon for the states to re-write and completely omit certain parts of it's history.
For those of you raised in the American history classes...

War of 1812 : Canadian British Loyalists drove American forces all the way from the now Canadian border entirely to new Orleans.
The Canadian British Loyalists also burned the White house to the ground. The original White House was actually a teak color.

You won't find that in the history books in the schools. You might be lucky enough to find it in some of the older public libraries down there. But last I checked it has been completely omitted from the schools history books.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hmm, budski DID post this issue first and the thread is closed? Oh well.

Yes this is pretty scary. The war is STILL going on and they are already re-writing the story?
Amazing.

Yea, we went into Iraq to 'get rid of Saddam'.

Is that right?

Is that what I'm hearing constantly from my fellow Americans? Sadly Yes; They actually believe that drivel.

The rest of us with actual attention spans and working memory seem to remember things differently...

- First we were told to go after Osama.
- Then we were told to forget Osama.
- Then we were told Iraq had WMD's.
-Then we were told Iraq did not have any WMD's.
- Then we were told we need to go to Iraq to get rid of Saddam.
- Then we got rid of Saddam.
- Then we were told we need to stay and completely rebuild the country and set up a new democracy.

And now we are somehow in a 100 year war?

At this point the average Americans memory has been completely warped. To this day you see pro-war sentiment expressed by people who subscribe to this FALSE history.

They're all around you. It's frightening really. It feels like some of the population has had their brains sucked out and the rest of us are standing around trying to slap them awake...

[edit on 14-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Sincere apologies Budski! Going to send a U2U right now to mods to reopen yours and close this!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Closing

new topics

top topics

join