It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo slides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Years ago I bought some photographic slides from a carboot sale, they were form an air show, if I remember right they were from Farnham, or fairfield, cannot remember the name properly?, in England, they were I think from the late 70s, or 80s.

There where hundreds of them of all different airplanes, taken by what looked like a good cameraman.
Amongst all these where two good pictures of ufos, dont know if they were scanned from a book or taken by the photographer who took the airplane pics.
Anyway I ended up selling all the slides myself apart from the two ufo pics, and put these away, years have gone past of me not remembering where I put them, but after clearing out a cupboard the other day I have found them again.

My question is, How do I get these on here for all too see. I have a good scanner but not a photographic slide one, which I do not want to buy just for two slides.
Is there a program or a way that I can use my ordinary scanner, to get them on the computer.

I really do want to put them on here for all to see as they are the classic ufo type saucer shape and flying over mountains.

I have looked and scanned the internet for ufo pics, but have not seen these two, have read lots of ufo books over the years and have not seen these two.

If I can get them on here then maybe someone can tell me if they have ever been in the public eye.

I also have a good digital camera, so is there a way I can photograph them.

Pleas do not tell me to buy this and that, as it is two slides, and my funds are low.
Thanks for any reply.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here I hope this will help.

cyberelk.net...

Cant wait to see the slides

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Check with your university library. Ours has a media center that has the hardware for scanning slides.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You can also check with creative designers, artists or photographers. They should have the equipment for it.

Plus, there are some inexpensive scanners out there that have slide-scanning attachments.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Please how do I upload the images, I do not see a link.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by colz2000]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hope this link works

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
very cool

Hard to tell exactly what they are, but those are great.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I clicked on freakyclowns link and thanks, it gave me some ideas.
I hung the slides over my monitor, with a white background, put a binoculor lens on my camera and hey presto, these are my first results, I will wait for your replies before trying to better them though because if these are in the public domain, then I would be wasting my time.
If there is not a soul that can say they have seen them before then maybe they could be unique, I dont know.
I did say that their were mountains in the background, but there isnt, it goes too show how memory can fail, and give false information.
I just want an answer, an no I am not roy o leary. lol.
Thanks again for any replies or help.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by colz2000]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colz2000

Welcome to ATS colz2000.

Interesting images, the first one in particular looks good.

The problem here is, and this goes for all ufo photo's, there is no provable provenance.

Without data such as when, where and with what equipment these where taken any conjecture comes to a dead halt.

Even if there was some background features it would have been worth a shot but as they are, they are just curiosoities.

Trying to match them to a book or publication might well be impossible also, unless someone distinctly remembers seeing them and the title of the book.

Thanks for posting them though I am glad you took the trouble.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by colz2000
Hope this link works

Wow, those top two photos look remarkably like the ones above the pentagon in this thread here: Would have been great if they ahd been in colour.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by colz2000

Welcome to ATS colz2000.

Interesting images, the first one in particular looks good.

The problem here is, and this goes for all ufo photo's, there is no provable provenance.

Without data such as when, where and with what equipment these where taken any conjecture comes to a dead halt.

Even if there was some background features it would have been worth a shot but as they are, they are just curiosoities.

Trying to match them to a book or publication might well be impossible also, unless someone distinctly remembers seeing them and the title of the book.

Thanks for posting them though I am glad you took the trouble.

I agree with you, would have been great if there was a place name and date, but unfortunatly not.

Just thought it was strange that these two slides were amongst at least 200 slides of a farnborough air show, all showing different air craft.
Hey I might get lucky the original owner of the said slides might be a member of ATS.
just hope somebody says hey I have seen that one here, and then puts me a link on, then at least I would have a bit of info about them.
Thanks again for any reply.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Awesome pics.... however you say you put the slides up against the pc monitor, the reason you have lines across the picture is the scanlines have been captured in the photo, can I suggest that you put the slides up against a white light that is not a monitor/tv and not too hot (or it might melt the slide).

Thanks for taking the time to do these - great work

top topics

join