It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: teachers told to rewrite history

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

And don't forget the italian tanks,
1 forward gear and 4 reverse

Seriously though, this really is a shocker - and I think that the militant members of the NUT will have a big part to play in this. Some don't want our children taught anything about britains past, because of imperialism - they forget that it was because we were such a strong nation at the time that slavery was abolished.

I really dislike this type of propaganda.

classic

i agree shocker, of all wars tho, if anything afghanistan maybe or the faulklands, ww2 is getting old now but atleast remake the battle of britain film to show now and then in schools OR after world cup game haha,

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What the hell do the MoD think they are doing trying to force their stupid program on UK children.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by altrock

I think it's probably more to do with the government trying to justify the war to current and future generations.

Let's face it, brown and bliar would love to re-write history so that they come out smelling of roses, instead of what they currently smell of.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This makes me wonder how many behind the scenes influences there really are in determining a school's propaganda er I mean program's? Who is to say that other such influences have not already passed and were overlooked by the Teacher's Union? Wonder if there is a way to dig into who has say in a school's curiculm. Never would have imagined an actual branch geared toward Kids. Anyone know if there is an actual DOD corrupt your children branch here in the U.S. that has influence in school systems or marketing?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well I'm sure this sort of thing is nothing new - And because of this I believe everything we know or think we know and have been taught of History must be questioned and taken with a grain of salt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join