It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo cluster over France

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
o.k guys! i think we need to fully understand how balloons work...Internos is 100% correct saying that balloons can carry a weight! this i have seen for myself!

I will get started on this topic ASAP....

I am just hard to understand that the colour of this object seem real strange

Thankyou Internos for you insight!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If the object is indeed balloons, why would the color be a factor? I'm not sure about everyone on this forum, but I have seen many many different colors of light bulbs, four or five on my Christmas lights alone.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

[edit on 18/01/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Could be balloon lights.. its hard to say...

Its quite possible that the recent surge in UFO sightings is simply due to technology... can you imagine seeing something like this in the air?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Well, it's true, LED lights do come in a wide variety of colors:

Conventional LEDs are made from a variety of inorganic semiconductor materials, producing the following colors:

* Aluminium gallium arsenide (AlGaAs) — red and infrared
* Aluminium gallium phosphide (AlGaP) — green
* Aluminium gallium indium phosphide (AlGaInP) — high-brightness orange-red, orange, yellow, and green
* Gallium arsenide phosphide (GaAsP) — red, orange-red, orange, and yellow
* Gallium phosphide (GaP) — red, yellow and green
* Gallium nitride (GaN) — green, pure green (or emerald green), and blue also white (if it has an AlGaN Quantum Barrier)
* Indium gallium nitride (InGaN) — 450 nm - 470 nm — near ultraviolet, bluish-green and blue
* Silicon carbide (SiC) as substrate — blue
* Silicon (Si) as substrate — blue (under development)
* Sapphire (Al2O3) as substrate — blue
* Zinc selenide (ZnSe) — blue
* Diamond (C) — ultraviolet
* Aluminium nitride (AlN), aluminium gallium nitride (AlGaN), aluminium gallium indium nitride (AlGaInN) — near to far ultraviolet (down to 210 nm[13])

With this wide variety of colors, arrays of multicolor LEDs can be designed to produce unconventional color patterns.
Source | Light-emitting diode | Wikipedia

They also have the advantages of being lightweight, require little power, and are quite shock resistant.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I had started a thread some time back with this video, which I added to a list of others that seem to exhibit similar orb (cluster) characteristics. Take a look at the thread here. As I noted in that thread this video resembled 2 others: 1 filmed in Taiwan and 1 filmed in Germany. Take a look below.

Taiwan.

Germany. (doesn't really get going until about 1:20 in) Also take note at 2:16 in, the object shooting into the cluster then disappearing...

Note the similarities to the France video. I'm not discounting Internos' balloon lamp theory but I sure would like to see what those lamps look like at dusk from a distance, to see if it at all resembles what we are seeing here.

If that cluster is balloon lights then they must be pretty bright (high wattage)bulbs. The lights also seem to look orange, not white, although I concede that it is possible that the balloons could be an amber color?

Also take note of the wind in the France video. It's almost storming at the time these lights were shot. You can actually see a cloud race by and momentarily block the lights out, yet the lights seem unaffected by this wind. (1:30 into video)

Wouldn't balloons move and sway in such heavy wind conditions?

edit-grammar

[edit on 14-3-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

i agree with you, those balloons would have definitely swayed from the force of the wind.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I really laugh at the balloon theory.
Those balloons would be HUGE! balloons. I mean a dark cloud barely covers them up.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Does anyone know at what altitude "party" balloons will expand to the point of breaking? Any idea of the altitude of this object?
RR

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There are these which are causing headaches

They're called Thai or 'Khoom Fay' Lanterns and are available from all good stockists

Bright. Colourful. ...and mysteriously vanish

Originally posted by RudyRed
Does anyone know at what altitude "party" balloons will expand to the point of breaking? Any idea of the altitude of this object?
RR

Depends how much gas has been put in them. If they have decent ballast, then they will not reach 'bursting' height, or stay aloft as long

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

Originally posted by Optix
I really laugh at the balloon theory.
Those balloons would be HUGE! balloons. I mean a dark cloud barely covers them up.

...or the cloud is small. All a matter of perspective I suppose

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think that first we shud listen to what the cameraman is saying.
--first he says "ces't pas vrai" --- direct translation: it's not true. (french people talk different than english people).. so he clearly doesn't mean it's not true, he's basically saying OMG this isn't happening.
--then he says a bunch of stuff, but the most important is "entrain de brulé"--- basically means at the moment it's burning.
--he goes on to say "ils sont en suspension dans le ciel"--- this could mean two different things, the direct translation would mean, they are suspended in the sky, the english interpretation would be they are floating in the sky. Now they are clearly floating, but to say they are suspended is different, the video is taken too far away, and it's hard to tell whether the assumed "balloons" are moving up.
--lastly he says, "il y a comme une multitude"--which means there's lots of 'em, or a multitude.

Biggest things to consider here are, 1 the objects seem little affected by the wind, and there is clearly alot of it.
2 it would not make sense for balloons to be suspended below the clouds. I think that the only points in the atmosphere where an object lighter than air would look suspended would be at the pauses. and i haven't heard of any balloons making it to the stratosphere, which means we'd be dealing with the tropopause (which is just above the troposphere) and just below the stratosphere. Basically, it's the point in the atmosphere that clouds don't pass (or rarely do) and is also the reason you see flat cloud tops.
3 we can't remove the possibility of these mini hot air balloon things because the guy says they are burning, and those really black clouds that we see at around the same height could actually be smoke.
4 he says there is lots of them, i don't know if ufo's meet over france for a little get together, and then sit there watching eacother burn up.

I don't know what to say, i just wanted to throw stuff out there to see what people come up with!!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Little clouds like that are much larger than earth dwellers think. I have flown around many clouds. Using the cloud for a size comparison, I think would mean that the 'balloons' would have to be very large, which of course is always a possibility. And also I have to agree with what others wrote, unless the wind was moving in two different directions, which is always a possibility, the 'ballons' do not seem to be moving with the wind, as indicated by the clouds movement.

When I first saw it I thought it was maybe an airplane's landing light. After watching it change I of course see that it is not. Individual lights, and rather large ones at that. So if it is lighted balloons I would have to say that they are quite large and with very bright lights in them. Small lights (especially LEDs) aren't visible at those kind of distances. The navigation lights on planes (red and green on wing tips, white on tail) aren't very big but they also don't look very large or bright at a distance. Landing lights are fairly large and very bright and show up well at great distances.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by 2 cents]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would suggest if they are ballons they are tethered somehow because as has already been mentioned it looked pretty windy out there and they are not moving with the indicated wind direction/speed.

Wind speed can be see by the darker smaller band of clouds moving from left to right and interestingly moving in front of the object,

Personally I do not think height and distance can be accurately judged as clouds like those can be very low although you can say they are below the cloudbase in the background.

Interesting object but I would not personally associate it with anything extraterrestial.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to agree with several people here and must say I do not think it is balloons. I must also admit I have seen and photographed both phenomena (balloon/UFO) and know first hand how to identify the objects with observable.

A list of characteristics here:

Wind, apparent in the video could be a local effect, yet that would be a LOW probability, as such local wind would be a gust, and this is observed in the video as actually a sustained wind. Such sustained winds would propel balloons to at least 75-90% of the wind speed. As we can only estimate by sound or impression of 15 or 25 mph. We cannot know however with any certainty.

Size of the object would have to be large. In order to see a cloud of such density to obscure so efficiently the object/light source it would have to be several hundred yards or meters across at least and larger. Cloud and Aerosol Physics would tell us that as a field of condensation you would need a large volume at one atmosphere to obscure the object at such a distance. As we can, again, only estimate from the low quality video and no investigative data, we have to conclude while we cannot know these details, it is most likely not balloons. If balloons they would have to be 8-20ft (6 meters) in diameter, but that is actually very small to what we can see is obscured by the cloud.

This is all speculation, but without actual observation position, witness statements, camera lens and zoom, wind speed at ground and winds for general area, there is nothing possible but a guess.

I would guess, taking all these and other aspects into consideration and knowing cloud observable characteristics that this is not a balloon/s lit or reflective.

I would call this an unknown. More than that I would not and could not speculate.

ZG

[edit on 3/14/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
reply to post by hsur2112

If you look at the distance from where the camera man is to the ufo!That must have been a mother of a ufo!!!

From my understanding a mother ship would be litterally the size of earth itself.. Prehaps even bigger than Earth.
Mother ships can not enter into the sky of Earth or other planets. (Prehaps it can enter planets that are the gaints. Like Jupiter.)

It would have to remain within space. AS its full of many other ships.
Ships of that size would have to come from a planet that is a super gaint.
Prehaps there are places out there, that make us seem like the size of small bugs. Places where the aliens themselfs are the size of just our moon. Thus their ships would have to suit their size.
Just becasue we are humans, doesnt mean we are the only size. Life comes in all shapes and sizes. Its hard to speculate truth, when many things are so unknown.

This was a pretty good video! More stuff for the debunkers to keep them busy for a while.. But I have belived in this for most of my life.
Since I was a young kid I knew 100% they are out there..

And getting even further into my research Ive found many of the aliens look just like you and me!!
There are many standard types of aliens. And most the carbon based life forms are much like humans, Or humanoids.

Yet there are places out there where life takes on some very wild types.
Yet none of those lifeforms are comming here to Earth.
Nor do they know where we are.. But they can think about us. As we are all one here just one Earth. And in the bigger picture.. All life is one within the universe.
So sometimes I can pick up on alien thoughts, dreams and energy.

Tho I wont sit here and say I have direct contact with them.. But I can sertinly say I have indirect contact with beings all over this universe.
As I am part of them, and they are part of me.. All of us.. Im nothing special.. Im just intune

[edit on 14-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Definitely the answer to many of the mass sightings that have been reported from all over the world. No question.

However, those little tissue paper balloons with a the flame don't stand a chance in blustery wind.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR

We are trying to determine what this is and all you can do is joke about it!
I can see that you are not that real interested of finding the truth!
Quite the opposite, I still don't see why the color of the object should make a difference. The object in the video was orange, so for that reason some don't think it could be balloons? I'll ask again, why would color make a difference? Could colored lights not be put in balloons? That is what I was getting at.

As for the video, I'll say it again, I agree with internos first post in this thread.

When I signed up here a few months ago, I would never have thought that some videos or pictures could be debunked, I am learning to look closer at pictures and videos, thanks to you good people here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

saturnsrings, i've noticed this misunderstanding before, but GUNSINWAR was already offline. He'll realise it when he'll be back here.

Now back on topic: i'm glad to agree with someone who disagrees with me

When one disagrees with me, and does it providing valuable constructions, then all i can do is to appreciate his post.
I often give a star to post in disagreement with my posts.

I would like also to point out that i've simply provided a possible explanation;as i've stated clearly (not enough, in according to certain posts) my purpose is not to debunk this one since i think it's a nice find.
With that being said: given so many different opinions, i guess that it could be a good idea to sleuth on the story of this video, and to try to find somehow the cameraman.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
it could be a good idea to sleuth on the story of this video, and to try to find somehow the cameraman.

I'm trying to get permission to post some details...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks internos.
When I first read the reply to my post, I laughed, but since my latest post, I have seen colored balloons in this thread (I seem to miss the obvious) , so that also could be the reason for the orange ufo, and until it's been positively identified as balloons, it's still a ufo. I still believe it is balloons, but that's why we are here, to attempt to identify these "craft".

By the way, how does one star a thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join