It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nader, Good Decision, Bad Decision?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
CNN
He ran last time, he screwed it for Gore, he's back again, this time in a bran new flashy style, waiting until halfway through election season has started. What has he got up his sleave this time, Republican sponsorship? Can he do it again, screw it up for the Democrats??
I have two words for you Nader: # You!!

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If Nader wants to run more power to him. If folk wanna vote for him that's their right...but I don't think dems are going to do that again there is too much at stake.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
bad bad bad. he has no publicity. last time he didnt even get 3%, and he tried then. he wont do anything. not helpful anyway, just harm any chance kerry/edwards wudve had. again.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good, I'm sick and tired of everything having to be Republican or Democrat. Those two parties have everything locked down and it's not right. Maybe some day we'll have a true party for the people run. Also, people think the Dems are for the people??? BS, neither Reps or Dems are for the people. The Dems just lie more about it and use it as a battle cry. This makes the Dems more of a danger cause they will flat out lie to your face yet everyone believes it. At least the Republicans let you know the junk they are going to pull. It's like they lube it up before they cram it in so at least it doesn't hurt as bad. They are both for the big business that pays their bills. We need some kind of change where we could have a Pres from more than one of two parties. Nader wont win but at least he is trying. Who knows, it could start something in elections to come. Maybe the effects of him running wont be seen for some time yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
# YOU NADER!

if hes gets elected (small chance if any) im going to germany!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ya know, saying that Nader shouldnt run just to give the democrats a better chance is kind of stupid really. People always say "if you dont like how things are going, start a party, change stuff" but then turn around and complain because it hurts another parties efforts? Thats like telling the guy in first place to slow down in a race because hes hurting the chances of the #2 and 3 runners. We all known Nader cant win, and no true 3rd party will ever do it, becasue the two main parties do have it locked down, they just take turns every couple years in the driver seat.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
See, Alternateheaven is getting me on this one. I don't really care for Nader but I like the idea. He will lose and that is probably good. Let's just hope that his running will keep the 3rd and 4th parties coming. I'm sure all his votes wont be from Dems anyway. Maybe he will draw some people who wouldn't have voted out. Get more of a diversity voting, that's what we need.

Ra

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Send Mr.Nader a message that he should not dilute the American vote again, he cost Al Gore the election in 2004, tell him not to do this again!!!

---------------------My Letter to Ralph -----------------------

This country can not survive another 4 years of Bush and his destructive group of criminals.
If you enter the race votes for the Democratic ticket could be syphoned away from our candidate.
Please sir, for our children, our elderly, and for our country, you must not dilute the vote as you
did 4 years ago that cost Al Gore the presidency and caused America to endure the last 3+ years
of this terrible regime.

Bush must not be allowed to steal another 4 years in the Whitehouse or our democracy could be
finished as we know it. I trust that you are an intelligent and rational man, do not do anything that
might jepordize the defeat of this crooked Bush regime. Regime change is not just a good thing
for middle-eastern dictators, its also a good idea for Americas Dictator!!! Help us to remove the
crooks from our whitehouse, please do not dilute the voters will. DO NOT RUN IN 2004!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I hate when people say he cost Gore the election. Folk have a right to vote for who they want. The dems don't own votes. If Gore was a better campaign'r he would kicked Dubya's azz no question. But, he let Dubya win the debates. He came off like a sarcastic a-hole. I voted for Gore, but I'm telling you it was a hard decision. An idiot v an a-hole.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Most folks I know are still mad at Nader for almost single handedly getting rid of the VW bug for safety concerns. F-you Nader! The GOP has to be sponsoring him in hopes of a similar scenerio as last election.

stupid picture wouldnt work

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by jrod]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Ya know, saying that Nader shouldnt run just to give the democrats a better chance is kind of stupid really. People always say "if you dont like how things are going, start a party, change stuff" but then turn around and complain because it hurts another parties efforts? Thats like telling the guy in first place to slow down in a race because hes hurting the chances of the #2 and 3 runners. We all known Nader cant win, and no true 3rd party will ever do it, becasue the two main parties do have it locked down, they just take turns every couple years in the driver seat.

I agree with you alternateheaven.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is a BAD DECISION.

Why?

Because when Bush wins, it will be "because Nader ran." The democrooks are still upset and sore about the last election.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As a republican I have one thing to say to Nader,

You'll only make our win margin larger.

new topics

top topics

join