It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Cop Tasering Already Restrained Disabled Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Video Shows Cop Tasering Already Restrained Disabled Man

www.infowars.net

Recently uncovered video of a disabled British Columbia man being shocked with a taser by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer has sparked controversy and once again brought the use of such weapons into the limelight.

The video, which was shot in 2004 but only recently released to legal representitives, shows John Dempsey, who suffered from a debilitating muscle disorder similar to Parkinson's disease, being forced to the ground by two RCMP officers inside a Kamloops, B.C. RCMP detachment.

The video shows Dempsey being led into the booking room after being arrested for trying to intervene in the arrest of a friend whom he believed the police were being too heavy handed with.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It looks to me like Mr Dempsey was resisting a little bit. But all the same, a simple pepper spraying would have been much more appropriate.

The taser was invented so that an officer had an alternative to using his gun. In other words, the taser was supposed to be a last resort weapon, used only when a life was in danger.

It is frustrating to think that even when we issue life-saving tools to our public servants, many still manage to use them in debilitating, life-destroying ways.

www.infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Other cases we have highlighted also corroborate the fact that the weapon, which is designed to be a last resort before lethal force, is now being used as a compliance tool.

The police are now trained that "pain compliance," a euphemism for torture, is acceptable in apprehending anyone even if that person poses no physical danger.
Source | Blacklisted News | Video Shows Cop Tasering Already Restrained Disabled Man

Not only "pain compliance," but as a tool for the cowardly, fat and lazy bacon to punish anyone under their "authori-tay."

And then these thugs are coddled and protected by "The Blue Code Silence," never having to answer for their crimes.

However, hours after the tape was released and several copies were made and distributed to media groups, Jaime Ashby, a partner with Cates Carroll Watt, sent out a written release requesting all copies of the tape be returned.

The change of mind was based on a Supreme Court decision pertaining to the use of documentary or oral information for purposes other than litigation.

“Based on this case, we insist that you return the DVD of the incident and any copies you may have made and do not allow the DVD to be viewed,” read the release.

Later in the afternoon, the RCMP released its own statement, advising the videotape “should not have been released” as it related to an ongoing civil matter.

Const. Annie Linteau, strategic communications officer with E-Division, confirmed an internal investigation into the “circumstances surrounding the video” had been conducted.

However, she said the findings would not be released pending the outcome of the civil matter.

Regardless, by Monday evening, the tape had been aired by several local and Lower Mainland-based media groups with stills taken from the video appearing in print. Ashby said yesterday morning she was uncertain what was going to happen next and was unable to offer comment on what legal or disciplinary steps her firm might be pursuing.

She did, however, reiterate requests to have the copies returned.

“It would be great to get as many copies back as we could,” she said.
Source | kamloopsthisweek | City law firm wants Taser videos returnedEmphasis mine

Yeah, Ill bet it would be "great," for the bacon.

Watch as Const. Annie Linteau, blinks and stumbles for an answer to the (paraphrased) question: "Why didn't we hear about this case until the video was released?"

Here it is:

Here's what I find particularly disturbing:

Dempsey had initiated a lawsuit accusing the RCMP of excessive force, but was sadly killed in a traffic accident recently.
Source | Blacklisted News | Video Shows Cop Tasering Already Restrained Disabled Man

Here's more information on the "accident:"

Dempsey was struck and killed by a passing car the evening of Feb. 20 as he walked along a stretch of Highway 5 near the Logan Lake turnoff. Moments earlier, he had rolled his car into a ditch. It is believed he was on his way to a rehab centre.
Source | kamloopsthisweek | City law firm wants Taser videos returned

I haven't found any mention of who was at the wheel of the car that struck John Dempsey nor if any charges were pressed.

Curious...

It looks like Canadian LEOs are following in the footsteps of their Fascist brothers to the South.

The lesson to be learned here: if you want to lessen your chances of being Tased,or worse, DO NOT offer any resistance to the bacon, there's nothing to stop them from ruining your day, or your life; and they know it.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I thought that his sudden death was a little suspicious too, but there is no evidence of foul play. So I have no evidence to make the accusation.

But, I do find this strange in light of the recent sudden deaths of three officials across the pond. Of course, those are the only ones to come to public notice. I wonder just how many coincidental deaths have been occurring that have not been made public news.

It seems that espionage is becoming a more acceptable means of business for our governments lately...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
news flash *coppers are scum*

They did this recently to a diabetic man,who had gone into shock. Because he wouldn't get out of his seat at the end of a bus ride.

But then,you give these *&^$ing *&^$*&s the power to abuse. And they'll abuse it,because the liks of the scum who join the police force,are usually demeted freaks with severe social dissorders.

You might have guessed,that I don't like the police that much. (\I have been arrested by some ok ones,but I'd say 90% of ALL coppers,are surplus scum)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
They did this recently to a diabetic man,who had gone into shock. Because he wouldn't get out of his seat at the end of a bus ride.

here's a link
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I personally have had a few officers lie to my face, and i've also let them help me. After my first accident, I was young and devastated and afraid of the world at that point. So the officer kindly arranged a tow for me.
STUPID
The car racked up more arbitrary fees in that # yard that per day than I could make at my wal-mart job.
But, there are a few good officers out there, and I have been served very well by a couple. You just should keep in mind that most people these days are out for there own interests, and if you happen to be in the way and they can do something about it, most people these days will make the wrong choice. It is not only a problem with law enforcement, people are screwing each other over in every aspect of life.

The point is that tasering has gotten out-of-control. It was invented to save lives and is being used in an idiotic manner to destroy them instead.
And so the question is, how do we drill some sense into the ever-think skulls of our public servants?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sickleye

yes,there are good and bad in the police force. But it's mainly bad in my experience. A friend of mine was arrested on the most trumped up charges of "pushing a police officer onto a live rail" All he did was pretend to wipe his dirty hands on the coppers nice clean shirt. Didn't even touch him. Ok,we were slightly breaking the law,as about 600 of us had piled onto an underground train,hijacked the last 4 carriages and held a big party on it. (all passengers were offered drinks,sweets and musical instruments to play with,they loved it,we kept getting praised as it had brightened up their journey no end) Needless to say,the charges were dropped as the london underground "lost" the video footage. (and the copper was still alive
)

Maybe one day I'll need them,because there are bad people out there. But mostly,I feel I need protecting from them.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was beaten and zapped ten times by two cops, while face down on my own front porch. They did not bother to cuff me until they were done though, as I laid there motionless yelling, "I'm not reisisting!" I was kicked in the head, stomped in the back, and electricity was applied to my left leg and back.

This first pic is one of the bruises. I don't bruise easily at all either.

This one shows several of the marks from the stun-gun, which I have permanent scars from.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hard luck there dude!! Ah mate,I seriosuly hope you see them get their come-uppence one day. Are you taking action?

Stuff like that makes me so angry.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Despite having multiple impartial witnesses (neighbors) my lawyer assures me that I will be convicted of resisting arrest, and therefore have no chance of winning a civil suit. And she is correct. I happen to know this after four years of wearing a shield myself. Furthermore, if I had filed a Notice of Claim within the 90 days required, I would be shown no mercy from the court in the criminal proceeding against me. To top it all off, there wasn't a lawyer out there who would touch a civil suit.

And just to add, the neighbors tried to lodge official complaints seperately and without my previous knowledge, to no avail.

[edit on 3/16/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Oh, and here's another sidenote. The officer who zapped me, while the other one was kicking and stomping me, had another incident weeks later. The town had just bought a brand new Dodge Charger super-cruiser, which he was assigned to. The officer was travelling in that cruiser without his lights on at 80mph in a 35mph zone, when he hit a mini-van broadside. The driver was a mother, whose back was broken, as was her young daughter's. I understand two other children were injured in the accident as well.

He's still on patrol.

apc

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The enslavement of Canada has already succeeded. Fortunately this appears to have created a stronger anti-State sentiment so these stories are published instead of suppressed.

Canada is the proving ground for the internment of a nation.

reply to post by jackinthebox

Have you posted any of this on copwatch or ratemycop? Those are the names and faces that really should be well known.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Can't say that I have. I should go check those sites out I suppose. I keep hearing about them.

top topics

join