It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painted Cats - An E-mail Full Of Pictures I Just Recieved (with pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OK, I just got an e-mail full of pictures purported to be of "painted cats".

The body of the message was this:

Subject: Painted Kitties

In the book that these photos came from, it said that some of the paint jobs cost $15,000 and had to be repeated every 3 months as the cat's hair grows out. Must be nice to have $60,000 a year just to keep your cat painted!

My first thought was Photoshop, but some look like the real thing.
Here's a few examples............

Really, who would paint a face on their cats butt ???

There are over 20 pictures in the e-mail, and I'll post a few more later, but what do you think. Is it PhotoShop or the real thing ?

Are people really doing this to their cats or is it just a work of art

Edit:bbcode

[edit on 14/3/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hope she doesn't dump them in turpentine to wash the paint off.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Although very interesting, I don't think it's such a good idea to go around painting your cat.

Never seen this before. Thanks for sharing.

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

i feel sorry for the cats
what nut Job paints Cats? wounder what they would say to her if they could speak

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This could easily just be Photoshop, All you need to do is add a layer with a hue lighting effect above the picture and airbrush the colors right over the cat, while keeping all the details below the color.

Or then again maybe its really paint and some idiot spent a lot of time painting a monkey around a cats 3rd eye... fun!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can barely get my cat to sit still to have her nails trimmed much less some of those elaborate paint jobs that must've taken hours! What a useless waste of time and money. They should take the money they're throwing away to paint their cats and donate it to an animal rescue shelter...I'm sorry but some people are just...dumb. I guess the old saying is true. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The cats are not really painted. This seriously took me less than 10 minutes one day when I was bored.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I found this after replying to this post. Thankfully it isn't real.

Painted Cats? It's a Spoof!

And this one

Painted Cats

Although, I'm betting someone out there is trying to paint their cat at this very moment!

Michelle

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Michelle129]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was going to say, mine won't hold still after the top coat.

Hey, I see you have a new 'outfit'. No longer just a 'member'.

Looks good on ya.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks Badge, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I have some short stories I might post. And by the way Badge, your avatar is killing me. I can't stop laughing every time I look at it.

As far as the cats go, I'm thankful it's fake. I just couldn't see any cat sitting still long enough to have this sort of thing done to them. As Michelle pointed out in the link provided the credit for this art work goes to Burton Silver and Heather Busch.
Fantastic work.

I want this one:

I also have a confession to make.
We have a pure black cat called Siam that we paint his nails with purple polish sometimes. He doesn't seem to mind the attention, and it looks good on him.

[edit on 14/3/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Thanks Badge, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I have some short stories I might post.

You can just stop by the Collaborative Fiction forum, to which you now have access, and read some of the cool poems and short stories.

You can also make stuffy replies, such as 'Oh, I see', and 'Apparently!', as well as the classics: 'Something up with which I will not put..'

And by the way Badge, your avatar is killing me. I can't stop laughing every time I look at it.

Go USA!

Water Ballet is my life.

Here's the team getting ready for that lift:

This is the pep squad, celebrating!!

.....................The Thrill of Victory!......................

................................the Agony of Defeat...........................

(Five point deduction, I fear.)

The judges are harsh.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Badge01]

top topics

join