It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smog Rule Tightened; 345 Counties FAIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Smog Rule Tightened; 345 Counties FAIL

ap.google.com

The air in hundreds of U.S. counties is simply too dirty to breathe, the government said Wednesday, ordering a multibillion-dollar expansion of efforts to clean up smog in cities and towns nationwide.

The Environmental Protection Agency announced it was tightening the amount of ozone, commonly known as smog, that will be allowed in the air. But the lower standard still falls short of what most health experts say is needed to significantly reduce heart and asthma attacks from breathing smog-clogged air.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow. I live in one of the worst cities in terms of air pollution too. When I read things like this I'm glad I don't smoke but then I think to myself with all the carcinogens in the air does it even matter that I don't?

IF (and that's a big if) the EPA even gets this turned around it will most likely be too late for all of us alive today. They are giving 20 years in some cases to turn around the air pollution. 20 years of dirty, filthy, smog cancer causing air to be pushed around. I doubt they will hit that mark as they said 85 counties still can't hit their goal enacted 10 years ago. That's just sad.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2008 by merryxmas]

new topics

join