It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEMP are we not allowed to talk about it here??

page: 3

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If the powers that be choose to move these threads to RATS, then perhaps RATS should be open to all...Not just those with a couple thousand points up their sleeves...

Seems only fair to me...

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
If the powers that be choose to move these threads to RATS, then perhaps RATS should be open to all...Not just those with a couple thousand points up their sleeves...

Seems only fair to me...

Peace

Another thing...a long standing thread was moved to RATS. (tryptamines & God)
I had links on my blogs to it, etc. And one day found out the links were dead.

On ATS I searched and could not find it...it would not show where it went.
THen I had to U2U the O.P. and ask where it was to which he said R.A.T.s

Bad form. Truly.

A long standing post, people linking to it, etc. - no warning, no U2U even saying it was moved or to where. Not professional at all.

Of course I had to sign up again for RATS...but funny, I guess not many people can afford it or even really know about it because the topic seemed to die off as the O.P. feared.

If you notice RATS topics arent updated that frequently.

But anyway...

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 14-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah I remember that thread, DAlen..awesome stuff

And yeah, it was a real shame it was moved...

Not that I contributed to it (our of fear of violating the T&C), but I read every post until it got moved...

Like I said, opening RATS up might be the way to go....Perhaps lowering the number of points needed to access it is in order ? Say 500 pts to start and say 50 per month ? I don't know, these were just figures I plucked...

But if threads are going to be moved like this, it must be made easier for all members to have a chance to read about and discuss these threads...

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

The fact that some people want to stop discussion of a LEGAL topic, because it tiptoes too close to an illegal one, is the absolute apex of both hypocrisy and ignorance. Nothing personal, this is based on a statement (the quote above), and not a person.

As well as the fact that the supposed illegal one is legal in certain states under certain circumstances.
And the facts from medical periodicals, (not that anyone hypnotized by the propaganda reads these or has access to them, but they are online to search...to some extent), this research by professionals in the field of medicine & science should not be ignored.

If it were not ignored, people would actually live up to ATSs motto of denying ignorance.

As the good book says, (Paul) all things are permissible not all things beneficial.

The problem comes with education, and parents need to learn to educate their kids...well first they need to educate themselves. (Get past the fear)

You wouldnt take prescription medication for a tooth ache that was designed for the heart.

Same with everything else...point is anything can be misused. Does this mean to stick ones head in the sand and label something as evil because they dont understand it.

Well, I dont claim to be able to persuade to change anyones view on this (as far as making all topics fair game to discuss), but the point stands as it is for those who are open to see things as they are.

As far as filters at work etc...from what I understand your supposed to be working not be at ATS. (Hey I dont care, but that is kind of a lame excuse to me, if that is the reason topics along these lines cant be discussed....but anyway. Take what you got, and the fact is this thread is still open.

If they are willing to not go beyond and look at the religious historical aspects, and the current science and medicinal aspects...then lets keep it at the simple level and look at the food benefits (which again, hemp is sold in your local Whole Foods Market) as well as other benefits such as clothes, etc.

Point is, this isnt a complaint post...though it could be taken that way.
It was a post to state the obvious and move on...as well as be happy for what we do currently have.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 14-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here are are some little tidbits that I was not aware of I found interesting.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

* Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled 'The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.' It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Thanks for the info sherpa!

I was looking for that particular link earlier.

I had it stashed on my ancient Mac from a couple of years ago, looks like they've updated the look of the site a little.

Last time I was there, it featured a very large graphic you wouldn't want to just pop-up on the ol' workstation, not with the boss breathing down your neck anyway.

Hemp is indeed a wonder crop, being held down by the PTB.

I saw one site mention the plant has over 25,000 applications!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This isn't the first time a hemp-related thread has been moved to RATS. I complained the last time I saw it happen, which was about a month or so ago. This is a very important discussion that must take place. I believe it's one of the largest conspiracies we face, as it affects people's health and their general mood and outlook on life.

I hope one day these discussions are tolerated by staff. We are allowed to discuss most other conspiracy theories, many involving some sort of illegality, but the hemp-related discussions are suppressed. Unacceptable to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Please help support medical marijuana too. It is needed for chronic pain people. Sadly, people like me. 5 failed surgeries left me wracked with pain every moment of my life.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I live in Michigan and very close to Ford Motor Company and where Henry Ford was born, raised and died.

Many people know the legacy of Ford, but what they don't know is the Henry Ford grew thousand of acres of Hemp for cutting edge research on plastics, fuels, and more.

Funny thing is for decades after his crops people would report finding hemp plants growing randomly, around the Dearborn area, from natural seed drops.

Interest footage of how strong these hemp cars were.

More info on Henry Ford and Hemp Cars

Hemp is a quick and renewable crop that grows in many regions, in fact hemp actually puts nitrogen back into the soil. The main reason for it's ban was the lumber barons control on the paper market.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Since I agree completely that the hemp(and it's cousin) conspiracy is one of the biggest problems we have in this country today, I've only got one comment to make here:

Two words,people: "CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE"

If we truly believe that a law is unjust, then the best way we have of showing this is by civil disobedience.

I often wonder what would happen if there were an entire town, or even county, of hemp advocates somewhere in the country, what would they do? They can't arrest a whole town can they? I mean, that would look REALLY bad...people obviously feel that these laws are bad and unjust...the worst thing about the stuff is that it's illegal!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here is an interesting pattern for the ATS'ers and conspiracy theorist's.

It's sure looks like the cartels that be didn't want Hemp competing with their monopoly.

en.wikipedia.org...

The decision of the United States Congress to pass the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act was based in part on testimony derived from articles in newspapers owned by William Randolph Hearst, who had significant financial interests in the timber industry, which manufactured his newsprint. The background material also included that from 1880 to 1933 the hemp grown in the United States had declined from 15,000 to 1,200 acres (4.9 km²), and that the price of line hemp had dropped from $12.50 per pound in 1914 to $9.00 per pound in 1933.[14] [15] As a result of the act, the production and use of hemp discontinued.

Originally posted by sherpa
Here are are some little tidbits that I was not aware of I found interesting.

* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

* Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled 'The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.' It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It would seem to me that, as a board, we could discuss any issue in great detail... including the issues of drugs, without worrying about bots, spiders, and government shut downs if we just learnt to watch our mouths and develop an ATS-internal coding for key terms.

So... skeptic, springer, etc...

as I am sure you are watching this thread and waiting for it to fail...

Would you shut down a thread, in the general conspiracy forum, entitled:

"The conspiracy against the medical and religious uses of M4rijuana"

Such a thread could begin with a warning:

This ATS thread contains controversial material that may be inappropriate for minors. The use of drug related terminology on our boards must be self censored with numbers in place of letters to help our site avoid the pesky bots and spiders of the conspiring internet police.

Break down the walls that separate us.

someone who isn't me,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I believe that a jury has a legal right and power to acquit a defendant where they[the jury] believe the Law to be unjust, regardless of what the Judge may say.
If this is indeed correct, then perhaps Juries could be made aware in cases where the Law being invoked is against the public good, or in defiance of The Constitution. So next time someone is charged with growing commercial hemp, bear this possibility in mind and notify the jury.
Just a thought,
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I go to the estates hundreds of times every year. Still not too old to hang out in the tree house
We mostly go back in the woods back by the college and explore . Theres a cool spot where a huge log crosses a bog . We sit back there and just get away from the world .

Knowing the history and getting to hang out there all the time is very rewarding.

And it soooo beautiful.

I think most of you have read my stance so i wont go into it

I will say this tho . Overgrow the government!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Retikx, I agree that hemp is a wonderful and beneficial plant,and definitely not a drug. It's ridiculous that your thread was moved for that reason. There is somewhere in America now the first legal industrial hemp farm. Can't remember where I read that, But if you haven't heard that,Check it out.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It appears "The People" have no say at all when it comes to Hemp or its Cousin (Which is also a cousin to Hops).

The Federal Government has total control on the subject (so they say) just look at prop 215 in California "The People" passed it but the Federal Government said it doesnt matter State Law can't trump Federal Law (unless of course it suits them).

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, folks,

Why should people trade in fiat currencies made of worthless paper - when they could trade in HEMPSCRIPT?

Start the HEMPSCRIPT revolution now!!

RIP Robert Anton Wilson....

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just found this link, to bad we all couldn't be as creative:

A Florida Biochemist Designs a Citrus Tree with THC

It was in the fall of 1984 that John Chapman Professor of Biochemistry at Florida State University, now driving to work behind the wheel of a used Pontiac Bonneville, first set on a pet project that he hoped would "dissolve irrational legislation with a solid dose of reason." Nanofsky knew he would never get his family's car back, but he had plans to make sure that no one else would be pulled through the gears of what he considers a Kafka-esque drug enforcement bureaucracy.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think if industrial hemp becomes legalized it will be the west coast that does it first. Already California, Oregon, and Washington have legalized hemps close cousin for medial purposes and Seattle even passed a law, making someone walking down the street smoking you know what the lowest possible infraction possible, even below J walkers. Living in a very liberal area is not all that bad. They even have a civilian board to watch over the police, making sure they are going after J-walkers and other, more serious crimes, before they give poor Johnny a ticket for smoking a ------- in public.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by jojoKnowsBest]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You are free to go start a hemp discussion board anytime you want. We have been running this one for ten years and have learned through painful experience what happens when we allow this subject.

It's that simple.

Thread closed.

Springer...

top topics

join