It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket lifts off with secret satellite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Rocket lifts off with secret satellite

news.yahoo.com

The Atlas 5 carried a classified satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office, the agency that oversees the nation's constellation of spy satellites. No details of the mission were released.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wonder if this secret satellite has something to do with Bush about to push through his spying bill. Maybe this is the first sign of the crackdown on "domestic terrorism". I wonder if we will ever know for sure. Probably not until it is too late.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

But Rein said he couldn't confirm whether the satellite had successfully reached orbit, "because of the nature of the launch."

That's an interesting little article..

Amateurs track things like this usually right? Mind you I have no idea if they would have to know when and where the launch was.

What if it was never destined for orbit, that is to say the payload is off somewhere else... arragh it's late, imagination not playing properly, oh well.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some things you don't need to know, and this is one of them. It's for the NRO, these type of launches are not announced not discussed in detail, let it be.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

thats a very worrying attitude to take.
Too trusting in my mind.

past events show me everything this administration does should be scutinized to the MAX.

if only I was ignorant enough to blindly look the other way and accept, i might sleep easier at night.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Way to go, palehorse23; Bill Cooper would be happy with your post!
Starred! (my first one).

I try to follow satellite launches, didn't hear about this one. With how
advanced technology has evolved in ten years, i imagine this 'sputnik'
has eyes, ears, F.L.I.R., metal-mass detection, sense of smell, high, high
res. photo capabilities, A.I., weapons systems that make lasers obsolete,
tracking, scanning, UFO compatible interface, invisibility, etc., etc., etc.

More of our tax money being spent behind our backs, to help us spy on
ourselves! Wow!

That word "classified" has always bothered me, you?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Your abnormal obsession with this administration is worrying to me. Attributing every single event which occurs in the known universe to them and some nefarious plot is pointless. These types of operations have been happening before you and I were born and before the NRO was even made public. As I said, some things you just don't need to know, general curiosity and abnormal paranoia is not a valid reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
As I said, some things you just don't need to know, general curiosity and abnormal paranoia is not a valid reason.

Let me ask you something..

Lets say you get your credit card stolen, and someone buys stuff with your money.

You call the credit card company, or maybe you even know the person who stole it, and you ask either the credit card company or this person what your money was spent on, and you requested details, and they say "you don't need to know, general curiosity and abnormal paranoia is not a valid reason."

How would you feel? Would you just go about your day, care free, saying "well, they told me I don't need to know so everything is A-OK!"?

I'm sure you can see where I'm taking this. If not, do you know who paid for that satellite?

Apply this scenario to the news article.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Lets say you get your credit card stolen, and someone buys stuff with your money.

You call the credit card company, or maybe you even know the person who stole it, and you ask either the credit card company or this person what your money was spent on, and you requested details, and they say "you don't need to know, general curiosity and abnormal paranoia is not a valid reason."

Did YOU pay for all that stuff the thief brought???

Did YOU pay for the satellite??

Oh darn, hang on......
Think before you type Now_Then.. Think!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A united states satelite lifts off, with the statement '' you dont need to know ''

and you have a go at me for linking everything to the ADMINISTRATION of the united states?

maybe i missed the big gap here.

I group this launch with the destruction of a spy satellite weeks ago, and the US Spying laws being enacted...

so yes, sorry to say, wether your willing to hear it or not...

A lot current events happenind.... do..... tie.... in...... to bush..... and......his............government.

I know.. shocking isnt it.. to think, a world super power does things on a worldscale!

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hello, WestPoint23, and well-respected member of ATS;

I understand that we need secrecy about the tech. stuff, but as for a
little disclosure about it's use, why not?

After all, we are not here blogging, to "let things be", right?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Was I supposed to fall asleep while reading that?

Also, no offense, but online discussions are not going to get you any current details on this one. And using it to further justify the image of the typical online illogical brain thought patter which goes something like this; "Bush Bad", "Secret Evil", "NOW", "Conspiracy", "I Am Right" is tragic.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
[edit on 14-3-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Whats tragic is peoples ignorance, arrogance, and inability to comprehend reality... even when its so obvious SOME of the heads in the sand still have the logic to comprehend

'' ok, yeah... he is a curropt leader who lied and pillaged, I was wrong ''

With a name like westpoint I suppose its like a solider dying in vein trying to convince one of the realities... why bother trying? as soon as you mention Bush, Lies, Iraq, Oil, 911 your immediately placed into that little black box ( no, not like the ones that dissaperead on 911 ) where your all loonies because you believe the president is badddddddd!

Tragic, its your own country and your own leader, yet someone on the other side of the planet can still smell the coffee and enjoy it!

Tell you what westpoint.... westpointers like challenges dont they?
Im writing up a thread at the moment, as to WHY I believe Bush deserves impeachment, prison time, a trial and just execution in nuremburg.

I couldnt imagine a better challenge, than writing a thread as to why someone believes bush DESERVES praise, and his place in office.

Now thats a challenge of all challenges..

What say you, fair pointer of the west?

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

You call the credit card company, and they say "you don't need to know,

How would you feel? Would you just go about your day, care free, saying "well, they told me I don't need to know so everything is A-OK!"?

Funny you should mention that. Somebody did steal my card # & then used it to Western Union somebody some money that was taken directly out of my Bank Account as it was a Debit Card with a VISA logo.

I called Western Union with the transaction details Attempting to find out Who received the funds stolen from my account and Western Union refused, so I know what its like.

If we really want to know about rocket payloads we can hang out near the build sites take lots of pictures, look at what's going in & out of those areas & see who's involved & we can pretty much guess what's going on & why. I suppose in that respect they bad guys probably know more that we do.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How ever much you would like us to let it go... to set fire to our rights of knowing what our governments are doing with the peoples money and the peoples time and watch burn away... to trust those in leadership who basicly by now own a total misconception of what is safety for the people they safeguard, or what is prosperity... we will NOT.

We have already chosen our path and what to believe and unlike you we made that choice through our own free will, from watching how life plays out or "how life is played out" by the hands of those who think they are able.
We were not brainwashed to follow army commanders blindly who follow departments blindly who sometimes blindly follow or make follow a president in office.

That is the glory of the people in any nation. That we are not willing to trust or believe just because you want us to, but because you can earn it.
Very few leaders in our time have earned this trust and certainly NONE of those right this instant has earned that trust.

You can say what you want, and think what ever you may of us, but the people have the right to know... about every little tiny thing. It's not fictive enemies or angry warlords who pose a threat. It's secrecy.
People fear secrecy because when you keep secrets noone knows what your capabilities or your intentions are with those secrets.
And the only result from one secret is a another one to counter it...

Tear away secrecy within the government and people will be safe, and atleast we will know how our tax money are squandered away and can deal with that accordingly.

So don't tell us to let it go, and I won't tell you that you made a bad career choice.

Have a nice day GI Joe...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Was I supposed to fall asleep while reading that?

Also, no offense, but online discussions are not going to get you any current details on this one. And using it to further justify the image of the typical online illogical brain thought patter which goes something like this; "Bush Bad", "Secret Evil", "NOW", "Conspiracy", "I Am Right" is tragic.

Haha. I couldn't keep my eyes straight when reading that little bit about the credit card. I just came to the early conclusion that it was one of those comparisons that don't have anything to do with anything at all.

These people here see a satellite launched and think, "OMG EVIL INVISIBLE NEW SPY TECHNOLOGY," and then proceed to speculate until they get bored, probably even after that just to keep each other entertained, and beat the "awakened truth" into each other. They figure they have a right to now, and they don't care if every other government knows.

It's some type of weird blanket freedom idealogy that I think was brainwashed into them after reading thread after thread, quote after quote, seeing video after video, and discussing this stuff until they actually believe it. It is quite sad (and sometimes not) that the human mind can be conditioned so easily to believe certain things.

Hey everybody. Just leave ATS for a couple of weeks and stop beating these conspiracy theories into your memory and you can revert back to a normal person. All you are doing is interpreting unknowns as knowns by utilizing false data and speculative conspiracy stories. You will never have every piece of life's carboard puzzle, but filling the missing peices up with evil, fear, blood, and bubble gum doesn't mean you've awoken to any truth.

Sorry to break it to you.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The credit card comparison really doesn't apply.

Any national government has a certain amount of secrecy. This is for a variety of reasons with the military usually but not always at the top.

This type of satellite launch is usually not made public. Several things can be determined from a lift off. An announcement of liftoff time would allow countries not friendly with the USA to closely monitor the launch.

Regardless of what anyone thinks and how much they despise the current administration, the USA has the most open government. It's hard to believe with everyone looking over their shoulders while reading and typing here, but it's true. Look at any major newspaper or internet news source (even here at ATS), you will find plenty of items about the USA government and what's it doing.

There is nothing sinister about the satellite unless you want to put it into a conspiracy or you happen to be a citizen of a country the USA would be interested in watching....

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Sorry but I thought that the US government was a government of the people by the people and for the people never read anywhere in the Constitution that It has rights as a entity to become its own government.

Well I guess sometime alone the way we have turn into a nation of secrecy, against its people .

I really find troublesome that some even think that this OK, natural and the right of government to do.

What happen to us the people for the people and by the people?

Yes it was take over by fascism.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So the government has to be open about EVERYTHING now? They have to tell everyone exactly how to make things stealthy, exactly where our satellites are going to be at any given moment, exactly what the range of all our sensors are, what frequencies our radars use, etc? Sounds like a sure fire way to get soldiers killed and lose a war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join