It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi to the Darkside : APPALLING

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Taxi to the Darkside Documentary

A fascinating and equally appalling look at the interrogation of innocent and not so innocent people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The documentary follows the story of an innocent 20 something year old taxi-cab driver, and his death 5 days after entering an interrogation center in Afghanistan.

When he died, his muscles in his legs were PULPIFIED, to the point where if he had survived, both would've had to be amputated.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Get it while you can! It's been posted in other threads, only to have the video pulled by the host server. Very controversial. Discovery Channel "conspiracy" associated with it.

Star/Flag

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah I reccommend watching it now instead of later.

Discovery refused to show the video, after having a talk with its board. Apparently its too real for them.

I believe BBC is showing it.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ahhhh man I got almost half way thru the video and it went blank. Google must have yanked it I am assuming. Bummer

The first half was hard core, and about as incriminating as it get's. That one is going to make a huge problem for someone.

I had to shake my head when the soldier was talking about his extensive training in interrogation techniques..."watch this guy do it for five hours and then do what he does." Brutal.

Edit - It is working again...I will check out the rest of the video. Good find

[edit on 3/14/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's working fine for me. I check through it again, all the way through. Maybe its an issue with your browser. You might want to close your apps and reopen the window.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
(Still working for me too. I just finished it.)

What a terrible and necessary piece. This should be required viewing of everyone who claims they are an American. Look who we have become.

I also want to add, that this is not only about "enemy combatants." When watching this video, I could not help but think of the increases in abuses by domestic law-enforcement. Abuses that go unpunished. There have been many threads on it lately here on ATS. It will not be long I fear, before we are talking about our own citizens being tortured to death for dissent. The stage is set. The new "laws" to allow this are already in place. All they need now is a new 9/11. History shows that whenever torture is allowed by a government, it always ends up being used against that government's own people. There is no exception.

We are now beyond the point of no return. Choose your side.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yeah its an amazingly compelling documentary. One an award too I believe.

But I have to be fair, something is peculiar in the piece. Theres some odd audio in several interviews, where it sounds like multiple words were taking out of the audios interview, and strung together. Most of it sounds like making a segway, but still, not sure. You can hear one at 9:54.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

The only problem I had, was toward the end, the video and audio were not in sync. I plan to watch it again if it stays available.

I am operating on zero sleep on the past 30 hours coincidentally enough, but had to watch this before it was lost again. I had started watching it the last time, and missed my chance to finish it when it got pulled. I was not going to let that happen again, and I am grateful that I did not.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thought this other news might be interesting after watching this movie.

US commander alters firefight report in Afghanistan;blames Canadian youth.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

sortof offtopic aswell, but I posted this on another thread.

US soldiers throw a puppy off a cliff

This is the type of soldiers we have over there? and its no surprise what happened in this documentary happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

there is debate to whether that puppy was really alive or dead.

the idea is, in the war rubble, they found a dead puppy, and recorded a video, being bored soldiers, throwing the dead puppy, which might explain the lack of disregard for the puppy by the soldier, although thats being optimistic.

they think the crying sound of the puppy, which is only made after it is airborn, was added after the video was made. that would make sense, considering the puppy does not make a single sound or movement during its unkind handling by the soldier, holding it up like that, twisting its skin momentarily before the throw to add distance to it. then, once air-born, it cries it only then? kinda weird..

im not saying its a fake, im just saying it is worth considering, but i can guarantee you that 1,000+ dogs of various ages have been killed in the two conflicts since 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq, by U.S. indirect fire, and some incidents of direct action as well.

[edit on 3/14/2008 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Any other links?

Pulled I think..... well at least _javascript void........... whatever that means.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If anyone can find it upload it to www.thehiddensociety.com they wont take it down.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am watching it, same link, right?

This is rather disturbing.... Hard to believe a place like the United States, a place I thought had respect for (almost) all life, blatantly does NOT respect life. Is greed and corruption worth so much pain?

If I believed that "Eastern Terrorists/Extremists" really pulled off 9-11, then I would say they won. They took away our "Rights and Freedoms" that we have always been told that they're jealous of... Where is truth and morality?? Respect for life? Truly sad, nightmarish.

ETA: link.. Hope this works, this time... ETA: OMG !!!! This sucks.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by LostNemesis]

Google Video ?????

ETA AGAIN: Sorry, I am done fighting these forum codes.

ETA: lol... That was frustrating... If this doesn't work now, I give up.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It still seems to be running. I just ran the first few minutes of the video in the link provided, without a hitch.

Just to add, I am still sick with rage too...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've always said it.

The measure of a country, and it's society, is how we conduct ourselves in its most difficult times, not it's easiest.

What you see here is the truest of america, because this is what we are willing to do, when we are threatened.

The question is, does it represent how you feel?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just watched the whole thing on Google video, no skipping of pausing. It is still there. And now I feel like I should weep for my country, vomit and take a shower.
What have we let happen?

Obs out

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Seeing as how we can't trust the host servers not to partake in fascist censorship, i recommend going to www.torrentbox.com... to torrent it.

if you do not have a torrent agent you can get a very good one at www.utorrent.com...

I will watch this when i get home from my fast tomorrow night.

A sickening article on music being used in torture lite can be found at
www.thenation.com...

Try to have a good one guys.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OK, so lets all hate America now because of a couple of videos which could be bogus, unauthorized or otherwise. Furthermore I can read about atrocities and get the idea. I don't need to watch a video over and over to whip me up into a psychotic frenzy.

If you all have such a big problem and you're all so sure that it's accurate then start calling and writing your congressman or write a letter and start an e-mail forward campaign. I for one am not going to just accept something without a full investigation. Also, is it really sensible to convict an entire country based on some alleged bad apples? Just like your emotions are running high, I'll bet some of these soldiers are emotional as well after watching friends get killed. If they can't control themselves then they have no business wearing a uniform.

That being said, there is a limit as to how far interrogation tactics should go as well as who does it and the rules they follow. I am in full agreement that beating someone until they have to have limbs amputated is way over the line. IMO it's more a matter of monitoring these activities via a worldwide governing body. The Geneva convention should be followed at all times and regular inspections should be in place on a higher scale than they are currently.

No matter the situation it's better to bring it into perspective in order to gain any credibility. If you want to fight for something, logic and tact will go a long way.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Did you bother to watch the video? Everything you brought up was addressed.

Some invesitgations were derailed, others became the video we are discussing.

This is not about some "bad apples" and you would know that if you bothered to watch the video.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join