It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Democratic Party Gives Up on Counting Caucus Votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Texas Democratic Party Gives Up on Counting Caucus Votes

www.kveo.com

According to the State Democratic Party, just 40% of the precinct caucuses were reported. In caucus votes, Barack Obama, held the lead, 56% to Hillary Clinton's 44%. While in popular votes, Clinton won the primary, with 51% to Obama's 47%.

Bocanerga says, it must upset voters, who want both their primary and caucus votes to count, "There has to be some disappointment as far as being, again, you get excited about voting for someone to get the delegates, in order to become the nominee."

All this, Bocanerga says, Obama is negatively affected, and Clinton could ultimately end up taking Texas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They just GAVE UP!

They were OVERWHELMED!

There were TOO MANY TO COUNT!

Isn't that what it's all about? Everybody voting!

So now aroun 60% of the votes won't be counted!

I can't believe all the BS elections has turned into in the USA. It makes you wonder if they ever REALLY count your vote at all!

To VOTE or not to VOTE, does it matter in the end?

www.kveo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/3/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm telling everyone...BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS! American Democracy is DEAD.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sorry...that reporter needs to go back to college and take some more courses. I read the whole story and couldn't understand WHAT they were trying to say. Here is another source which explains it a little better.

Texas Dems Won't Announce Until March 29

AUSTIN, Texas – Curious whether Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton won Texas' Democratic caucuses March 4? The official results won't be available until March 29.

Until then, the last reported results – from 41 percent of the precinct caucuses – show Obama ahead with 56 percent to Clinton's 44 percent.

The state Democratic Party gave up Monday on its effort to produce a running public tally of the count. The state party had set up a reporting system, outside the official count, that relied on 8,247 precinct chairmen to voluntarily call their results to 254 county chairmen who would relay them to state party headquarters.

But an estimated 1 million Democrats – far more than ever before – showed up for the caucuses, which were held right after voting ended in the first part of the Democratic contest: a standard primary administered by state government.

The huge turnout played havoc with the caucuses, creating confusion, long waits and even a few calls to the police to calm frustrations late on March 4. It hasn't made the count any easier either.

“This was a turnout that was more than anybody would have imagined,” state party spokesman Hector Nieto said as he announced the party was giving up on the voluntary public tally with fewer than half the precincts having reported. He said the last significant batch of returns were called in last Thursday and the calls had petered out since then.

But yes....it is a problem as the vote tally is no longer going to be public until it is final and some are already calling foul.

This election is going to be a mess. I can only imagine what the convention will be like. I was at the Dem Convention in LA eight years ago when there was no contest and there was rioting in the streets....this is going to be out of control. If this primary goes to the convention floor we are going to see politics in America like hasn't been seen for decades. Funny that I had to go to a source outside Texas to get a clearer story. Nobody there must be wanting to talk or write about this!

top topics

join