It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah what base is there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of threads about a "really secret" base in Utah. What is the name of this base, location, etc..?

Give me some information on it. Just trying to better understand this forum.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
that i believe would be the dugway proving grounds in dugway, its a big airforce base and from what i have read the next area 51.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
you can search on flashearth.com and see some strange areas hid in the salt flats.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Dugway is NOT an AirForce base it is the US Army's response to area 51. It is a biological warefare facility. Alot of highly unusual activity has been reported around the base.

Dugway's mission is to test US and Allied biological and chemical weapon defense systems in a secure and isolated environment.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Following the public attention drawn to Area 51 in the early 1990s, UFOlogists and conspiracy theorists have suggested that whatever covert operations, if any, may have been underway at that location were subsequently transferred to DPG.[2][3][4][5][6][7]

The Deseret News reported that Dave Rosenfeld, president of Utah UFO Hunters, stated:

“ "Numerous UFOs have been seen and reported in the area in and around Dugway...[military aircraft can't account for] all the unknowns seen in the area. It might be that our star visitors are keeping an eye on Dugway too...[Dugway is] the new area 51. And probably the new military spaceport.[2]
"

[edit on 14-3-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Michael Army Air Field is also another suspecious location in Utah. Honestly Utah is a hotbed of secret black op activity in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was stationed at Hill Air Force Base in Utah for about 4 and a half years. I hung out with a guy who was a bio-chemist who worked at Dugway. He would go and work and sleep there Monday thru Friday, and then come back for the weekends. He would never really tell me what he did, just that he worked with chemical weapons and the like......but he was definitely doing some top secret stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is a base titled in Google Maps as "US Air Force Proving Grounds". Just type in "la verkin, ut" in Google Maps and you'll see it clear as day.

La Verkin, UT -- Google Maps

This is an underground facility built inside a mesa. Millions of people drive by it every year because it is next to the road/highway that leads to the main entrance of Zion National Forest.

One time my friends and I saw a flight of 3 Apache choppers (non-Longbow types) fly towards this Proving Grounds.

Also, my friend is a helicopter pilot who decided to fly near this restricted airspace. On top of the mesa, there is this portapotty. My friend swears he saw 4 Air Force personnel in uniform come out of the portapotty. Either there is an underground base in the mesa. Or, that is mesa should be called Brokeback Mesa. Luckily, my friend quickly flew away when the 4 Air Force personnel pointed at his chopper.

Does any one know the name of this facility and what is going on in it? The local people say this facility was the testing area for ejection seats.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
There is a base titled in Google Maps as "US Air Force Proving Grounds". Just type in "la verkin, ut" in Google Maps and you'll see it clear as day.

La Verkin, UT -- Google Maps

This is an underground facility built inside a mesa. Millions of people drive by it every year because it is next to the road/highway that leads to the main entrance of Zion National Forest.

One time my friends and I saw a flight of 3 Apache choppers (non-Longbow types) fly towards this Proving Grounds.

Also, my friend is a helicopter pilot who decided to fly near this restricted airspace. On top of the mesa, there is this portapotty. My friend swears he saw 4 Air Force personnel in uniform come out of the portapotty. Either there is an underground base in the mesa. Or, that is mesa should be called Brokeback Mesa. Luckily, my friend quickly flew away when the 4 Air Force personnel pointed at his chopper.

Does any one know the name of this facility and what is going on in it? The local people say this facility was the testing area for ejection seats.

I don't see anything in that area called "US Air Force Proving Grounds". To the NE is something called Hurricane Mesa Test Facility ("United States's only privately-owned supersonic test track")

EDITED TO ADD: now I see - in Google Maps that area is marked as US Air Force Proving Grounds. In Google Earth it shows as Hurricane Mesa Test Facility.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Are there any photos of dugway? Or anything? Is it all underground or what? And what UFO stuff has been going on? Each day it seems to be more and more UFO reportings......is there something coming?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I suggest you do some reading on the aliendave website regarding Dugway and other Utah hotspots. I plan on spending a week next month revisiting skinwalker ranch and spending some nights in the desert outside of Dugway (and reporting back here of course!).

www.aliendave.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks, FosterVS. Now I know what to call tha facility. There are no signs around that say "Hurricane Mesa Test Facility" or "Secret Military PortaPotty".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

its not an air force base its army

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

how long were u stationed at hill i was there from 2000-2003

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My Grandparents once had a ranch inherited from my Great Grandparents near Greenriver, Utah. It was taken by the US Government from them around the time of WW1. It is some sort of secret facility now and was rich in Uranium deposits. My Father walked part of the fence line with me when I was a teenager in the mid-60's. Lots of warning signs and razor-wire, but you could not see anything.

According to our family history, they got 13 cents on the dollar as compensation. They then bought another ranch on the Greenriver a ways north toward Price, Utah, about 30 miles off the current roadway. It was taken during WW2 without compensation other than 40 acres also on the Greenriver. The last time I was there about 1970, it was surrounded with a tall chain link fence with warning signs every few feet. All you could see is a mesa inside. My father died shortly after we walked the fence-line that year and I've never gone back to see what is there now. My family believed it to be missile silo's.

I've since spoken to a man who made deliveries to the second one I mentioned. He said he would deliver a sealed trailer, they would take him inside a building with no windows and feed him and then he would go back out to an empty trailer and leave. He said the building looked like a simple white farmhouse, but the windows were fake. He said he could see tire tracks going to the side of the mesa, but no evidence of an opening could be seen. Just the tracks leading to nothing.

There are most likely many such sites throughout sparcely populated area's where there is BLM Land.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I live in Utah. Proving Grounds is up by Skull Valley, between Wendover and Salt Lake City. I go there for work sometimes, construction. Big radar towers. Once drove to the edge of the testing grounds, lots of holes. You can hear them testing sometimes in Tooele. I am not sure what is near Laverkins, never saw anything there. My cousins and I use to go out there looking for old cars to buy, but I never remembered anything official looking.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

DUGWAY IS ARMY

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am very surprised that no one has investigated little mountain in Utah and the UTTR range to the west of salt lake city. They are two remote air force instalations, the UTTR resembles A-51 from a desert perspective. Any one?????

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Some other Utah base tidbits.....

The NSA is building a "data center" at Camp Williams National Guard base south of SLC.

www.heraldextra.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

The National Guard 300th Military Intelligence Brigade.HQ is in Draper Utah.

www.inscom.army.mil...

new topics

top topics

join