It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Economists in Survey Say Recession Is Here - Wall Street Journal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Most Economists in Survey Say Recession Is Here

online.wsj.com

Economists in the latest Wall Street Journal forecasting survey are increasingly certain the U.S. has slid into recession, a view reinforced by new data showing a sharp drop in retail sales last month.

"The evidence is now beyond a reasonable doubt," said Scott Anderson of Wells Fargo & Co.

Thirty-six of 51 respondents, or more than 70%, said in a survey conducted March 7-11 that the economy is in recession.

The Commerce Department said yesterday that retail sales fell 0.6% in February; sales
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/3/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
FINALLY!

The "experts" finally agree, most of the US population has been feeling it, now the experts agree that we ARE in a recession (or at least over 70% of them surveyed).

There was no doubt in my mind that we were in a recession, things around here are SLOW, the first thing everybody asks when you meet them are, "Keeping busy?", or, "How's work?", and I answer the same way 90% of them do, I simply say "Slow."

I wonder what 'ole Bush has to say now!

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/3/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I think that there are opportunities to still be had in this time of relative stagnation though. I'm finding that there's not enough time in the day to get done what I need to, so I'm having to better manage my time.

True, some of the things I choose to spend time doing could be cut out to make room for others, but then I wouldn't be having any fun.

I just think there's an upside to all of this that we all need to keep our collective eyes on.

Ever the optimist,

TheBorg

join