It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LotR - Two Towers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yo Peeps,

So who has seen this movie yet?? And what did everyone think of it??

Went to see the Midnight viewing when it was released here the other day...also saw it again after work last night...going to see it again this afternoon. Yes, judging by that you can safely assume I LOVED IT

I'll try not to ruin it for people who haven't seen it...but...

Damn Golum OWNED this movie! Most memorbale character is - without a shadow of a doubt - Golum...best CGI character I've ever seen. Yoda who? Jar Jar Binks who?? Golum freakin ROCKS!! Also the most convincing depiction of Multiple Personality Disorder from him as well...ya gonna laugh your ass off if ya ain't seen it yet

As for the rest...where to start?? From the initial battle between Gandalf and the Balrog, this movie kicks you square up the butt and keeps laying in the kicks till you're sporting treadmarks on the seat of your pants.

Most memorable battle scene is a toss up between Helms Deep and Isengard. Helms Deep is beyond anything I've ever seen again...just...whoa...unbelieveable, I plan on seeing this movie many many many times if only for THAT battle scene.

Ent attack on Isengard also rates freakin highly...trust me, after seeing that you would want to go hug a tree ASAP just to get on their good side

If I HAD to find something to grumble about, I'd probably say Gimli's character was getting a little too close to becoming the 'comic relief' for my liking. Still left me near to tears with laughter though...

Of course this movie was much appreciated as it was filmed here and so features a shyte load of scenery from this country! Wahoooo! You'd be surprised how LITTLE of that mindblowing breathtaking scenery is CG work
Also a great feature for my friends and I was spotting people we know who were in it...my flatmate for instance, we spotted him some 14 times in various scenes around the Helms Deep Battle sequences...including a big shot of his doofy grin when the Elves arrive...hehehe. One of our mates also could be seen many times throughout that sequence as well. Funny thing was that you could also spot both of them, if ya knew them, as Gondorian AND as Rohan in the Helms Deep sequence...hehehe...bit of hair dye, change of costume and its all good!

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 20-12-2002 by alien]

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Saw it, loved it, but groaned over armor and military tactics. You just do NOT charge horses down into pikes. That's a good way to lose your entire horse cavalry with no losses to the enemy.

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yep...I agree there Byrd, though I think they attempted to negate that point somewhat with the effect that 'white-cloaked certain someone' had (won't say who...as peeps might not have seen it)...blinding them and getting them to raise the majority of their pikes up...

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That's how I got past that too...hehe, blinded by the light...

Of course, I was kind of expecting Gandalf to do something a little more grand than just show up with reinforcements and put on a light show....

Still, I was impressed, and I will definitely be seeing this flick again, as well as being first in line for the DVD....
Just damned good entertainment.

Heck, the line at the theater just to be seated was longer than it was for Episode II even....

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yep...the lines for the first Midnight screening here were freakin looooooong! We got there a coupla hours early, as they were having some LotR release parade in town anyway...but even queueing that early the line was longer than expected.

And Legolas' 'Tony Hawk - Street Skater' impression during Helms Deep sequence got a large round of applause from the crowd

[Edited on 20-12-2002 by alien]

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i just saw LOTR 2 i really, really liked it.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gandalf Doesn't do anything more grand, he is just wise. If it weren't for the Ring of Fire that he posesses, he'd not even be able to start a bon-fire

I think his only purpose is to scare the evil, and put fire back into the hearts of men (another attribute ot the Ring of Fire).

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 09:29 PM
link   
First of all yoda kicked golems in the cg department. 2nd i the lines here were not as long as ATOC(ttack of the clones)3rd Star wars was better.

really it was a great movie just had to get the starwars thing out of my system im alil protective over it and umm.. ima nerd a freak whateva. I loved the hells deep battle seen it was like nothing ive seen b4 like alien said. Also the multiple personality was funn. The funniest part was the point with gilimi at the battle of hells deep when you seen em all standing on the was then you just see his helmet. THe koolest part was the part with the elves coming into helms deep i loved it.
all in all great movie alil long got to take a couple bathroom break but worth seeing

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah, that movie owned. I got up at 12:00 AM just to see it!

And do you remember the part where they are in the swamp of the dead?
OMFG thats the freakiest part.
.>
I swear never to swim in a lake again.

[Edited on 12/22/2002 by necro99]

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As a person who hates fantasy movies, I nearly fell asleep when I watched the first LOTR movie. So when my date decided she wanted to see The Two Towers when we arrived at the cinema there was alot of cursing going on in my head! It was the first night out when we went and it was pretty busy, and did seem to draw a bigger crowd than Attack of the Clones.

However, I was very pleased to say that for the most part of the three hours I sat there I did indeed enjoy watching it. The fight sequences were very well coreographed and the CGI was top-notch, although it nowhere compares to Episode II's CGI work.

Mixed reviews from my part, but It's definitely one to see in a Dolby Digital EX or DTS ES theatre.

[Edited on 22-12-2002 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i think that the most stupid part in the movie is "HOW" legolas gets on that horse when the giant dogs attacked them.

but the rest of the movie rocked!

[Edited on 22-12-2002 by $tranger]

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've seen it too and I loved it!! It's just as good as the first part but there was very much things to remember since the movie is about so many persons. But you have to watch it 'cos it's the best!

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 03:49 AM
link   
...aaaaaaah rubbish...Golem OWNS Yoda any day of the week...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Blah... Episode II's computer graphics were noticeable as CGI sequences. In The Two Towers, we struggle to notice tell-tale hints that are the giveaways. In George's movie, I marveled at the computer work, in Mr. Jackson's movie, I marveled at the movie. Very subtle, but very important.

And in the acting was extraordinary. Not because any one role (except for Gollum) was a stand-out, but because very actor seemed to be deep within their character, living the role, not acting the role.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great Flick! Whens the dvd coming out? The special effects were outstanding, and the story was really deep to. I would definitely sneak into the theatre to see it again! No, Im only kidding. I will pay the admission and open the emrgency exit for my date.
Better yet, I will stand at the emergency exit and charge people only 5 bucks to come in.
I will also definitely be bringing my camcorder for the next showing as well. Sorry, that Napster thread really got me thinking!

top topics

join