It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ATS is a great place to find sensationalism and an opportunity to argue for the sake of arguing. The shear fact you are reading this now shows that anything with the prospect of controversy will get your attention. I am not saying this is a bad thing. I think it is great! It is one of the things that keeps me here.
If I see a thread topic like say “Muslims are responsible for all the evil in the world” or “Nibiru: Enroute to Earth” I know there will be some interesting reading
I am sure there are some reading this thinking “I don’t do that! I will reply and let VIKINGANT know it’s just not true and put him in his place” which creates a bit of a conundrum. If you respond it proves the point but if you leave it no one will know how you feel and what’s the point of a forum like this if you can’t express your $0.02
Reply or don’t reply. It wont upset me either way. I just wanted to have a say and will just be curious to see how many views there are purely from the title.
The next question for many (especially our esteemed mods) is “so where is the conspiracy angle?” Well this is partly my point and my question to others.
Some people are so hell bent on finding ulterior motives for anything and everything. Could it be possible that the world could in fact be taken at face value? Are there as many secret deals and covert operations going on as we are led to believe? Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B? Either way the die hards will continue their search and the fence sitters will continue to be pushed and pulled every which way.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe I would be safe to say that secrets and conspiracies begin when we are toddlers and learn to speak and understand the spoken word. It may begin with the simple hiding of a piece of candy.

As we grow older we may conspire with our playmates against other children. Nothing sinister going on just normal growth and interaction with others.

By the time we have gotten our education and entered the world as adults our secrets and conspiracies become more important and life altering. To conspire does not always mean we are planning ill will towards another. We are merely trying to get a desired effect by what ever means we find available.

Conspiracies and secrets abound in the workplace, church, political arena and anywhere humans work or mix.

Even between husbands and wives, dating couples and friends, secrets and conspiracies happen. It's a way of life. Sometimes good and other times bad.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hi Dizzie,
I was actually referring to ATS type conspiracies, but you make a very valid point. And if I am not completely out of line, to take it a little further, I guess the higher up the social or political ladder you go the bigger and deeper the conspiracy.

With regards to my third paragraph, I think I made a bit of an impact based on a U2U I recieved and the lack of replies.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Controversy

I just can't believe all the things people say (Controversy)
Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay? (Controversy)
Do I believe in God? Do I believe in me? Yeah (Controversy)

CHORUS:
Controversy
Controversy

I can't understand human curiosity (Controversy)
Was it good 4 U? Was I what U wanted me 2 be? (Controversy)
Do U get high? Does your daddy cry? (Controversy)

CHORUS

Do I believe in God? Do I believe in me? (Yeah, ooh yeah)
Some people wanna die so they can be free
I said, life is just a game, we're all just the same
Do U wanna play? (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

CHORUS [x3]

[Lord's Prayer]
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever

CHORUS [x2]

Love ya, love ya, baby

CHORUS [x3]
(Oh yeah, yeah)
(Everybody, oh yeah)

Listen...
People call me rude, I wish we were all nude
I wish there was no black and white, I wish there were no rules
People call me rude, I wish we were all nude
I wish there was no black and white, I wish there were (was) no rules
[repeat 2 more times]

Yeah! (Controversy)
Oh yeah (Controversy)

Do I believe in God? Do I believe in me?
Let me tell U, some people wanna die so they can be free
I said life is just a game, we're all just the same
Don't U wanna play?

CHORUS [x2]

© 1981 Controversy Music - ASCAP

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

With regards to my third paragraph

There is a third paragraph in your OP? All I saw was one.

Please become a little more friendly with your enter key. If you can press it once, you can press it twice.

CT

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

You forgot to mention... that was Prince.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by Incarnated

You forgot to mention... that was Prince.

You speak correct. That "Was" Prince. Who the hell is Prince now?

Maybe the artist formally known as O)+> will soon be *(@)|+

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think in regard to theorys, the most important thing is perspective. The ability to see everything from every angle. Assumptions are important to access an idea, which is why it is important to have as many of them as possible and not get locked into one idea. Obviously in reality there are either/or situations but everything branches off respectivly.

Only thoughts.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Here it is respaced for you...

p1/ ATS is a great place to find sensationalism and an opportunity to argue for the sake of arguing. The shear fact you are reading this now shows that anything with the prospect of controversy will get your attention. I am not saying this is a bad thing. I think it is great! It is one of the things that keeps me here.

p2/ If I see a thread topic like say “Muslims are responsible for all the evil in the world” or “Nibiru: Enroute to Earth” I know there will be some interesting reading

p3/ I am sure there are some reading this thinking “I don’t do that! I will reply and let VIKINGANT know it’s just not true and put him in his place” which creates a bit of a conundrum. If you respond it proves the point but if you leave it no one will know how you feel and what’s the point of a forum like this if you can’t express your $0.02

p4/ Reply or don’t reply. It wont upset me either way. I just wanted to have a say and will just be curious to see how many views there are purely from the title.

p5/ The next question for many (especially our esteemed mods) is “so where is the conspiracy angle?” Well this is partly my point and my question to others.

p6/ Some people are so hell bent on finding ulterior motives for anything and everything. Could it be possible that the world could in fact be taken at face value? Are there as many secret deals and covert operations going on as we are led to believe? Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B? Either way the die hards will continue their search and the fence sitters will continue to be pushed and pulled every which way.

top topics

join