It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You on the "Terrorist Watch List?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In 2007, they estimated that 700,000 people were on the "Terrorist Watch List".

ACLU Watch List Counter

Why are there so many names on the U.S. government's terrorist list?

In September 2007, the Inspector General of the Justice Department reported that the Terrorist Screening Center (the FBI-administered organization that consolidates terrorist watch list information in the United States) had over 700,000 names in its database as of April 2007 - and that the list was growing by an average of over 20,000 records per month.

At that rate, our list will have a MILLION names on it by July. If there were really that many terrorists running around, we'd all be dead.

If you go to the link given above, there is a counter there that shows the number of people growing that are on the "Watch" list.

So far, according to the counter, there are 924,493 people NOW on the "Terrorist Watch List"!

I don't know, do you think there are 924,493 terrorists ready to attack the US right now? This list is ridiculous in its size.

The uncontroversial contention that Osama Bin Laden and a handful of other known terrorists should not be allowed on an aircraft is being used to create a monster that goes far beyond what ordinary Americans think of when they think about a "terrorist watch list."

It's hard to believe that what happened on 9/11 has morphed into what it is today, this monstrosity they call Homeland Security and all these "lists', wire tapping, national ID cards, and all the rest!

I'll have to check that counter in July.... they say there should be 1,000,000 people on it by then.

I'd hate to see the government fall short of its goal.(SARCASM)

[edit on 13/3/08 by Keyhole]

new topics

join