It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says if younger, he would work in Afghanistan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Bush says if younger, he would work in Afghanistan!

www.reuters.com

"I must say, I'm a little envious," Bush said. "If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed."

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," Bush said.

He was told of efforts to reduce support for the Taliban in tribal areas as well as hopeful signs that schools were being built, more health care was reaching remote areas and local government officials were being trained in management.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
BWWWAAAHAHAHA!!!! Who do you think you're fooling Dumbya? You would serve on the front lines eh? Just like you did in Nam? I hope nobody is buying this hilarious tripe. The only thing these people are good for is USING the military to achieve their agendas. None of these cowards would ever fight themselves.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah, that is pretty funny. Wasn't in Vietnam like Clinton.

Oh wait, he skipped that one, too!

Politicians are all full of hot air. I don't care if they are Republicans or Democrats. They always seem to love to use the military one way or another.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah somehow I doubt that...

What happened to the Air National Guard? Too tough for ya? I wonder how long it would take for you to pee your pants after the Taliban start unloading AKs at your face you coward.

No more blood for...poppy?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's funny how he didn't say he'd love to be in Iraq too.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He says whilst having a giant oilgasm.

Ah Georgie. Is he joking or not? I just can't tell sometimes. That or he is really out of touch with reality, or both.

Personally, I don't think there is anything romantic about blowing someone's head off, then persuading their friends to join you. But it sure would be an adventure...!

It's all that fantasy roll playing lol

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I almost feel he's mocking us with how stupid he thinks we are.

I mean how stupid DOES he think we are?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Stupid enough not to have removed him after 7years of lies.

..thats pretty stupid.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know someone who worked over there. She said aside from
the shells and machine gun fire going off in the background,
it was an easy way to make ALOT of cash.

KBR Job Opportunities

Exciting jobs such as:
Plumber
Laborer
Mechanic
Truck Driver
Chef
Electrician
Pest Controller
and many more!

These jobs probably suck enough, imagine being
shot at while you try to do your sucky job.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Not to mention the possibility of getting lynched by an angry group of Afghani's who don't want our presence there. Let's see, big money worth getting beheaded by a mob? Hmmm...Choices...

apc

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well... sixty is the new forty, right?

Originally posted by aecreate
These jobs probably suck enough, imagine being
shot at while you try to do your sucky job.

Or kidnapped with your finger cut off. I'd imagine that sucks more than enough.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bush didn't plug KBR or Halliburton?
Cheney probably told him, "Tell 'em its romantic,
confronting danger, they'll eat that up"

Or kidnapped with your finger cut off. I'd imagine that sucks more than enough.

Not to mention the possibility of getting lynched by an angry group of Afghani's who don't want our presence there. Let's see, big money worth getting beheaded by a mob?

Ya have to work at one of our "heavily guarded" poppy fields.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well....George himself is a little bit too old to be going over there.

But Jenna is young and sure seems plenty able to pitch in. Since he is so gun ho about helping out I guess he wouldn't take any issue with putting her on the first flight to Kabul to do a little grunt work.

Of that's right, I forgot, that type of work is reserved only for the poor people's son's and daughter's to do. Never mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
G.W.Bush. Do we need any further proof that the democratic process is fatally flawed. And the media never discuss it. Now there's a conspiracy theory.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
He said what?

Romantic?
George, this ain't no Casablanca.

Ok, I get it. Someone's job here is outsourced or insourced, so they should go to another country to find a job.

Thank you, George, for providing your unemployed citizens jobs. How clever of you! Yeah, don't be like FDR, who gave jobs to citizens here. Nooo, let them go to romantic Afghanistan.

Hey, I'll bet a few of your soldiers went there originally, because they volunteered because they couldn't find jobs!

George, by the way, in what other countries do you plan to have jobs open up for Americans?

new topics

top topics

join