It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress endorses post-Bush tax hikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Congress endorses post-Bush tax hikes

www.rawstory.com

Both houses of Congress endorsed the idea of tax increases for millions of Americans Thursday as Democrats pressed ahead with budget plans that would allow some or all of President Bush's reductions to die after he leaves office.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ahhh, and here it comes! Time to pay the piper for the endless debt these idiots have gotten us into! Gotta have more money to keep those invasions and occupations going too!

Should be awesome for what few of that still have a job left to see how much more this gov can bleed out of our checks to fund their profiteering projects. Awesome. You go Congress!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I knew that this was coming one way or the other, now the one that will inherit this mess will be the scapegoat in the white house.

You can not spend like is not end to it and then expect that the nation will survived.

Now I wonder how they plan to tax because most American citizens including the middle class are dried out right now and in need of help no taxes.

I feel that we are heading for some hard times and very angry people when taxes starts to soar.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes sir, if one branch of government doesn't get us on a issue, another one will. It's the one, two, three punch. They take turns screwing the American public. The president lays off for a few days, and congress picks up the hammer. Then when they go on vacation, the courts rewrite all the laws to suit them.
Government by the people, for the people, and of the people???? I think not.
McCain wins- another 100 years of war and high taxes to pay for it.
Billary or Obama wins, and 100 years of new social programs for illegal immigrants and high taxes to pay for it.
The only thing that is certain is that whichever one wins, the American people LOSE!

new topics

top topics

join