It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nations refuse to give the U.S. any more military support in Afghanistan, Germany Steps Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

On January 16, Germany’s military force, the Bundeswehr, issued a statement indicating that 250 German troops will be deployed to Afghanistan with a specific combat role. Social Democratic Party chief defense spokesman Rainer Arnold “announced that the German army had begun making preparations for the deployment … adding that the mission, slated to start in July, signaled a ‘new quality’ in the German engagement in Afghanistan. Part of the new mission could include pursuing terrorists ….”

According to the Guardian newspaper, “Naumann delivered a blistering attack on his own country’s performance in Afghanistan. ‘The time has come for Germany to decide if it wants to be a reliable partner.’ By insisting on ‘special rules’ for its forces in Afghanistan, the Merkel government in Berlin was contributing to ‘the dissolution of nato’”

www.thetrumpet.com...

When I read this article I immediately thought about the report Towards a Grand Strategy for a Uncertain World Renewing Transatlantic Partnership
The report presents a doomsday like picture of a future of world conflict, population growth, terrorisim and the fight over oil. The report suggests Russia, China and Iran are,or are potential enemies.

I have a thread Here
. Not sure from lack of interest, how I presented the article, or a combination of both, but feel this issue is largely ignored.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

new topics

join