It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weight related to blindness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I learnt that taste buds don't alone tell the taste of one thing, sight, and nose play a important role in determining the taste of a food.

If you are blind, you are lose one component of tasting, so blind people don't like eating that much right and therefore aren't fat, right?

I just want to know if there any blind people you know who are fat?

I am wondering if weight has anything to do with blindness, NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i for one, do not believe blindness and weight is related.

what just because they can't see the food, they won't enjoy it? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen too many extremely obese blind people, but Stevie Wonder has gotten a bit heavy. Also, "Blind Bob" from when I used to watch the Howard Stern show was fairly heavy.

Type II diabetes, which can cause blindness, can also induce obesity and exasperate obesity conditions with people who are already overweight.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i for one, do not believe blindness and weight is related.
what just because they can't see the food, they won't enjoy it? I don't think so.

Do an experiment on yourself, close your eyes, ask someone to put a piece of food in your mouth, tell them not to tell you what it is, eat it.

Result?

We did a sort of same experiment, except we had to close our noses too, and the result, most of us couldn't identify what it was.

top topics

join