This post is for all the close minded people who believe that drugs should be illegal and that the government is saving lives by conducting this so
called “War on Drugs.” Here are eight quick points that should open your eyes to who the true drug dealers are and how many lives they are
hurting for no reason.
1) 55% of all inmates in jail/federal prison are NON-violent drug users. (There are over 2.2 million people in jail/federal prison in the United
States; therefore 1.21 million people are in jail/federal prison for not hurting anyone!)
2) Out of those 1.21 million serving time for NON-violent crimes, 830,000 were arrested and convicted for having/using Marijuana.
3) It costs $17 million per DAY to keep those 1.21 million NON-violent offenders in jail/federal prison. (Yep, you the tax payers are paying for
someone who will never hurt you to be barred from society.)
4) Because of the 1.21 million NON-violent offenders being in jail/federal prison there are over 1.5 million children without one or both parents.
(Does that seem fair to a child to take their parents away for a NON-violent crime? What happens to these children? Foster homes?)
5) One of the top five growing industries in the USA, and yes it’s an industry, is the maintenance and construction on jails/federal prisons. ($6.2
billion per year go towards just keeping NON-violent offenders locked up.)
6) Since the beginning of the “War of Drugs” the amount of people in jail/federal prison has grown by an average of 3.4% a year. (In 2007 alone
there were 17 prisons built in California compared to just ONE university!)
7) The United States of America has more prisoner than any other country in the world. (The U.S. incarceration rate of 737 per 100,000 people in the
highest, followed by 611 in Russia and 547 for St. Kitts and Nevis. In contrast, the incarceration rates in many Western industrial nations range
around 100 per 100,000 people.) www.commondreams.org...
This brings me to my final point…..Prescription drugs.
8) In the United States alone, LEGAL prescription drugs, provided by and promoted by the government, kill anywhere from 5%-10% more people a year than
all illegal drugs combines do. (The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported that an estimated 106,000 hospitalized patients die
each year from drugs which, by medical standards, are properly prescribed and properly administered. More than two million suffer serious side
effects. While illegal drugs kill an estimated 10,000 – 20,000 people per year)
If this post peaked your interest at all please watch the following video…..www.youtube.com...
"Saying that marijuana is a gateway drug is like claiming that masturbation is the cause of rape."
-William F. Buckley Jr
[edit on 13-3-2008 by tgreen2103]