It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Ralph Nader to Announce Presidential Bid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if bushs war chest is not paying for Naders run?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Makes you wonder if bushs war chest is not paying for Naders run?

Yes it does. I'll bet the republican party would do anything to make sure Nader takes votes away from the Democrats. They'd probably even go as far as to donate money to him.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm sure the generous GOP will lend Nader a hand one way or another, being the compassionate conservatives they are. lol. It's not above the Dems either. I can imagine the Dem helped Buchanan in '00 and McCain in the 00 primaries.

However, I think if Bush was truly that bad, and the Dems had a stronger message, they wouldn�t be concerned with Nader. What exactly are they trying to say by asking Nader not run???

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Memories and visions of Gore, New Hampshire and Florida, Bob.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Seeker, I'm getting nostalgic!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'd like to see nader get elected, hell he's better than any of the other two and he actually might do this nation some good for a change.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That's just it though, he CAN'T get elected, and all he'll do is take away votes, and most likely from the Dem candidate... Hell, if I was on Bush's campaign team, I'd seriously advise a donation to Nader's campaign, hehe....

I'm still puzzled why all the media is trying to convince us that Kerry is the only one who could defeat Bush.... I'd have thought that Edwards would have been an easier sell... Let's see, rich old white guy, as the Dem candidate? Oh sure...great idea....

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
voting in a democrat to replace the republicans won't do much good.

there is nothing in kerry's program where he states he's going to withdraw from iraq if he wins.
he's just going to keep the troops there, and blame bush for all the problems.

voting for nader will only show the discontent of the amerikan people.

another win for bush will help the working class finally realize that there is a need to create a unified independent workers' party instead of tail-ending the democrats.

The 2004 Election: Cancer or the Plague - You Get to Choose!

[Edited on 2-23-2004 by echelon]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
America should be thankful for Mr Nader, as he gives their political system an ounce of credibility.

America's homogenous political system is incredibly undemocratic for a country that prides itself on democracy.

Nader must run. In fact more people like Nader must run, its just a shame that he is the only person with the guts and backing to stand.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just as Perot had nothing to do with Bush Sr.'s loss. You had a complicit Supreme Court in the former, and a bad campaign married to 4 years of poor performance in the latter. None of the grown ups here remember Bush as a good president, other than those who thing any Elephant is a good choice!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Ya know...the Communist Party got 1500 votes in Florida in 2000. We could also say that the Bush Presidency is the fault of the Communists.
You are assuming that all 1500 communist votes would have gone to Gore -- that's probably a valid assumption.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnathanRGalt

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Ya know...the Communist Party got 1500 votes in Florida in 2000. We could also say that the Bush Presidency is the fault of the Communists.
You are assuming that all 1500 communist votes would have gone to Gore -- that's probably a valid assumption.

this is false... unfortunately.

src: www.leftwatch.com...

CPUSA 2000 Election Statement
In 2000 and in general we do not endorse candidates of other parties. We are deeply concerned however, about the outcome on November 7th. While we have major differences with the Gore /Leiberman ticket we think the Bush/Cheney ticket represents a new threat to democracy and the well being of working families. Their election will set back labor's rights, civil rights and women's right to choose. If they win, Social Security, our public schools, the environment and all government programs aimed to help the poor will be in great jeopardy.
Our approach is not "love Gore/Leiberman" but rather "No Son of a Bush" in the White House. This is a good defensive tactic against the greater evil to prepare for a strong offense for the greater good.

[Edited on 2-23-2004 by echelon]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I guess, I could add to this very old thread, since history is repeating itself.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Now, I don't want to start the "did Nader cause the Democrat lost in 2000 and give us Bush as a consequence?" or not, simply because I'm a Québecois (Canada), and I don't vote in that coming U.S. election (it is your country, even if this has some impact on the rest of the world, it remains your country, and you are free to screw it up, anyway you can, you don't need foreign help for that).

I saw Ralph Nader once (in a conference given in Montréal, few years ago), I'm obviously impress by his early career (car safety advocate, taking on General Motors and winning, quite a feast for a young layer, I take lot of guts to do that, for sure).

My real question, is:

Assuming R. Nader is incorruptible (maybe, he is not, maybe he owe too much to some pressure groups, unions, etc.), pick anyone Ron Paul some candidate that does not exist.

If a candidate that owe nothing to nobody is elected (Nader or someone else), and start a reform, as he/she fit (forcing a real change on pollution target, car consumption, reshaping big business, etc., etc., etc.). Do you thing the USA will take that challenge, or that President will end up, 6 feet under in no time at all.

I like the sub-title of the movie made on R. Nader "An unreasonable man", a quote by George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903):

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Quite true.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So, it should be announce today, Nader is entering the race again.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I think it is too late, he will only do few percentage point.

Anyway, I think that a real real change will be to elect someone like Nader, all the other one are driven by lobbyists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join