It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite video game of all time?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
quake 1 team fortress.

bunny hopping was soooooooooooooo much fun! every game since then has put a limit on bunnyhopping abilities it really sucks. It was soooooooooooooo much fun picking up speed going through a large map, using it to get away from opponents or chase them down. Use it to do epic rocket jumps, double grenade jumps, huge jumps off ramps. The physics were pure awesomeness!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Storyline was great

The choices were so numerous

The freedom was crazy awesome

While having a storyline, it was up to you how to progress

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have to add super star wars on SNES was great at the time and also yoshis island

Earth worm jim was great

Resident Evil 3 and Mario Kart on SNES also was good fun at the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tough choice between

GTA San andreas
Deus Ex
MGS4

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I always really enjoyed the METAL GEAR SOLID games. I remember sons of liberty having a pretty wild ending.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Far too many to choose between.

But I'd say Final Fantasy 7 or Fallout 2.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Final Fantasy 7 and Wild Arms 2 from Sony Playstation one, Even no i'm hoping for the remake on PS3,

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am going to have to go with either:

"Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant"...quite possibly THE best RPG that I have ever played.

or

"Disgaea"...an amazing strategy RPG, and one of the only videogames I have ever played that actually made me LOL several times. And it has Prinnies! Who doesn't love Prinnies?!?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Of course Final Fantasy 7, the first major game I ever played...and best story line ever.

My other favorite is the Silent Hill Series. I love 2...and currently impressed with Downpour.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

Every era has it's gems, but only one sticks out to me.

I do not play it anymore, and on it's own, the game is lame.
BUT, I would have to say World of Warcraft. Now, I hung out at a gaming lounge a lot back then, and everyone
there played. So I had about 40 people total who I personally knew, and played with.
Without those 40 people, I would have never touched the game. The group made the fun, not the game really.
40 of us in one room vs another 40 random people in a PVP match was very entertaining.

Also, to add, Battlefield 2 for PC, comes very close to being my favorite due to that gaming lounge.

edit on 4/22/2012 by Alexander the Great because: to add.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Half-Life 2, with F.E.A.R. and Doom 3 coming in as close seconds. After playing FEAR for years I still jump or twitch at certain spots, some of those cut scenes still catch you by surprise when your in the zone.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Fallout New Vegas

Anything in the Fallout series really, the whole storyline behind the series is engrossing, at least to me.

New Vegas has me hooked at the moment, though.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The FreeSpace series. Especially with Freespace Open enhancements.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Resident Evil 4 was my favorite all around game.. I remember buying a GameCube just for the extra content that the PS2 version didn't have! And then buying the 360 Arcade one also to play in HD too. I would say Assassins Creed II is a close second for me..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Xenogears. It has an intrinsic and expansive plot packed with impressive execution & an amazing soundtrack. Modern day developers have a lot to learn from this game.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Shepherd Commander (MASS EFFECT 3)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Fallen Haven (win 98 if memory serves me right)

not to forget.. X-com Enemy Unknown

both pretty old games, but they had something to them, which i havent seen in any games since.

also, for other X-com fans in this thread...

kotaku.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Diablo. AOE 1,2,3 Commander Keen. Alex Kid. Street Fighter. Battlefield 2142. COD4. Outpost. Spore. Supreme Ruler 2020, Skyrim.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I went through this whole thread.

I must admit I do agree with most of the games listed here, as being my favourite.

However, I cannot believe no one mentioned my all time favourite series.

Castlevania!!!!

It is just awesome!

vvv

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
For me it would be the Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault series of games. I have yet to see ANY developers come even close to creating such a massive land, sea, and air based military simulation. Armed Assault 2 is basically an "open protocol" type game where addon and mod makers have access to all elements of the game except the executable code. This has led to outstanding modifications such as the Advanced Combat 2 super realism mod and others. For years the only drawback of the game has been the lack of a physics engine, however Armed Assault 3 will include a highly accurate physics, ballistics and aerodynamics physics engine using PhysX as the main middle platfrom.

The developers of the game are currently the main supplier of battlefield simulation software to the U.S. Military; IMHO it's as real as it gets. Armed Assault 3 is set for release in just a few months. Another drawback of the game is the fact that it takes a *BEAST* of a system to run it with maximum graphics settings.
But computer parts such as graphics cards and CPU's are not as expensive as they once were a decade ago so building a great gaming rig these days is quite affordable.

Arma 3 Lighting Showcase

Arma 3 Gameplay Preview

Arma 3 Stratis Preview

Armaholic's Arma 3 NEWS and Preview Section
edit on 26-5-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join