Whats your favorite video game of all time?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I just tried to come up with a list off the top of my head and lets just say it's too big to put in this thread..... As far as final fantasies go my personal preference is FFX...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Diablo 2!

Possibly Fallout 3...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the wingcommander saga (wc1-4) 5 was ok but not as good as i missed fighting the kilrathi at the time wingcommander 3 was the most expensive video game ever with a budget of 3 million dollars it was an interactive movie staring mark hamil,john rhys davis malcom mcdowel,i cant rember his name but the bully from back to the future was in it i highly reccomend you guys look into it check out the wincomander cic

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Link to the Past for SNES. I was 10 years old I think when I got this game. It is one of the biggest achievements in action-rpgs.

Ys: Oath in Felghana is an excellent PC action-rpg in the vain of Link to the Past. I got it off a torrent and found an English translation for it several years ago. The top-down action is fast which = fun.

I'm waiting for an English translation for Ys: Origin so I can finally play that one.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Also some of my favorites are
Diablo 2
Might and Magic VI (an old but so much more balanced first person RPG than Oblivion)
Friday the 13th for NES bwa-hahaha (you can actually memorize Jason's moves and beat him in less than an hour)
Battletoads
Sam and Max/Monkey Island 2

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tough one, but I think I gotta go with Space Quest III or Elite II Frontier

(still have the original boxes and Amiga disks here )

Edit: ow ow ow, and Wing Commander 4

edit on 20/9/2010 by KrisFromGenk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Halo 2. LoZ: Link to the past, Windwaker. Halo 3.

The music was epic is Halo 2 and 3. I have the soundtrack from the games. The level the Arbiter on Halo 2, awesome.
And the Ark from Halo 3.
LoZ: LttP was the best Zelda game I've ever played. Windwaker was pretty good too.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Civilization 3 (haven't had a chance to go at 4) and Diablo 2...

When Diablo 3 comes out, I am fully prepared to ditch the world for a week or so...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i agree when diablo 3 comes out, i wont be seen till i've played through the game with every character.

as for my favorite game of all time, for those of you who didnt ditch your PS2 i HIGHLY recommend "shadow of the colossus" one of the most beautiful and unique games iv ever played

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have more then one..

Storm across Europe. Is prob. One of my all time favorites ever. Me and my Father would spend a day together playing that game on our old c64.

Yea now that I think of it. That was my favorite.. I actually miss that game.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Goldeneye 64 (Nintendo 64)

I STILL keep a 64 hooked up, JUST to occasionally play this game... No other 007 game captured the feel of being Bond like this one, and it was just fun... Zooming in with the scope, capping an enemy in the head, figuring out what you needed to do to get in and out, etc. A lot of fun.

The 64 itself was really revolutionary (especially the controller), and I think we've already seen many elements from it on followup consoles. Mario 64 was an incredible game too, and is STILL fun to play. How about Pod Racer, where each controller could control a separate engine of the pod racer? Too cool...

Then again, I still even have an Atari 2600, (and about 50 or so games for it), but it's in storage, not hooked up. One day though, I'll play with having EVERYTHING hooked up. Can you imagine the 2600 games on a 47" screen?
Ugly....but probably still fun.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by Holygamer

Like what? Buxby?

ew man. I can't think of anything good, besides Resident Evil, that came out of PS1.

Metal Gear Solid ring any bells?

FF8

Chrono Cross?

Silent Hill?

Tekken 3?

Do I need to list more?

Super Mario Bros 3
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Golden-eye 64
Sonic the hedgehog 2
Streets of rage 2(with coop)
Super Mario Kart 64(with coop 4 people)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
MGS2, resi4, soulcalibur and FF7 all for obvious reasons, oh and cod 4.
but definatly not anything with halo in the title.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've played a lot of games over the years. Ranging from sports, to racing, to shooters, to JRPGs and western RPGs...

But nothing takes the crown of Xenogears.
Not a single form of media has had a lasting influence in my life until I played Xenogears during the summer of 2009.

And I know this isn't just me, because I personally know people who have experienced that same influence long before I have. I regret having past up such an immaculate experience in 1998.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
batman arkham asylum

which will soon change to arkham city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Should have added:

Uncharted 2
Goldeneye 64
Resident Evil 2
Sonic 2 (to a lesser extent)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Final Fantasy VI and VII

I also want to add Metal Gear Solid, its a really nice game.

Really awesome games all of them, to bad I dont have a PS1 anymore, still got all the games.
edit on 28/12/2010 by Didaji because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Starting from old times.. Contra, Mario, Ninja Turtle, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Tekken 3, Call of Duty, Freedon Fighters, Max Payne, Need For Speed, COUNTER STRIKE !!!!!

counter strike is the one which u can't get bored of... :-)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
just started playing Eve online.

Such a detailed, in-depth, awesome, time-sinker of a game.

Check it out.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DefCon4ashi

have to agree, been years and still counter strikes is holding. I told a friend in ten years people will be over call of duty but there will still be people playing COUNTER STRIKE

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join