It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite video game of all time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Oh, well I don't have the game, because I don't have a playstation or an xbox360...but my friend has a PS3 and we play GH3 all the time...he's the rich one who bought everything, not me...

Btw, I'm not much looking forward to the Aerosmith game, it seems like it will be kinda boring...I'm kinda more into the harder, heavier stuff...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333
I'm kinda more into the harder, heavier stuff...

If you get a chance, check out Yngwie Malmsteen. That guy is a god on the frets. I'm surprised he's not in the Face Melter levels of Guitar Hero. My brother's a Metalhead and introduced me to Malmsteen's work. Apparently Malmsteen's a total jerk in real life, but his playing is immaculately clean, and faster naturally than the typical "juiced hands" other guitarists have to resort to.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Best game ever?

Ultima online... simply because it was the most untamed, hardcore mmorpg ever.

So good, so many memories...

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My favorite PC game: Everquest

Anyone else play? Quellious server, Sssissy Lallaa

I tried EQII a couple times... not nearly as fun, lol.

My favorite console game is Armored Core

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am beyond disappointed in you gamers at this point.

Xenogears, even while unfinished and rushed out the door (Which resulted in a lackluster second disc), had the most powerful, deep, esoteric and philosophically thoughtful content of any game every conceived.

What other game pays homage to Soylent Green, Evangelion, Nietszche, Qabbalism, Gnostic Christianity, Science, Nanotechnology, Big Mechs, Anime, Freud, Carl Jung, Wagner, and so many myriad other nuanced and bottomless details which no other game EVER has dared to tread upon?

Xenogears, for its soundtrack. Xenogears, for its story. Xenogears, for its thoughtful and thought-provoking content.

Final Fantasy 7 tries to be profound, but merely becomes another Final Fantasy.

Civilization is the same every time you play it, and the computer cheats (Provably).

Chrono Trigger? Excellent soundtrack, superb gameplay. Generally fun, but no XENOGEARS.

Chrono Cross was a JOKE sequel, and the gameplay was terrible.

Secret of Mana? Again, excellent Soundtrack, superb gameplay, glorious world to take in; Terrible terrible TERRIBLE ending.

Nothing holds a candle. Xenogears.

Go back and play it again, if you have.

if you haven't, sell your soul to find a copy; oh, and good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
easy....its GoldenEye.

that game rocked, other games can be Perfect Dark and GTA 2. yes u heard me i said 2 because i liked its unintentional existential element of looking at people from above like a satellite or God, when u see people that small from that angle they dont matter much.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hands down Diablo 2. I still boot that game up after all these years.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
My favorite PC game: Everquest

Anyone else play? Quellious server, Sssissy Lallaa

I tried EQII a couple times... not nearly as fun, lol.

My favorite console game is Armored Core

I play EQ2, I think its a great game.... only better then EQ for me because its a little more up-to-date. lol

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok! don't laugh guys but CaveMan Uglympics which is abandonware now from Electronic Arts kept me laughing for hours. You raced dinasours, and did many other events of a comedic nature.

One event that I liked back in the late eighties was the starting of the fire. It has been a very long time so I don't know the real event name.

You start sitting Indian style next to your opponant. You have some fluffy kindle and two sticks.... Oh yeah you also have a club beside you which makes the event so funny!

You both start out rubbing the stick in the proper speed and manner to get the heat built up. As soon as you see the kindle smoldering you begin to blow on it to get the fire started.

Here is the kicker and funny part of the event. While you are blowing on it the opponant can bop you on the head to make you stop setting the kindle on fire. You see stars and your head sways for a few seconds, buy then the other guy is blowing on his kindle and you bop him on the head. This makes the kindle cool down and you have to go back to rubbing the sticks.

So during the event you both are bopping each other on the head. Sooooo Funnnny!

On other game made me laugh as much as this one and it is free to download at the above link!

I liked Maniac Mansion because it was cutting edge Lucas Arts Gamming at the time.

I also liked Final Fantasy IIV it seems to be the best version to this date.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Super Mario Bros. 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

...and to go really old school...

Galaga

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Just to add something else to people's knowledge of silly games, for fun games against friends, Armagetron Advanced is a really fun 3D GPL game.

As a matter of fact I also happen to know one of the main developers as well, but thats besides the point, this is not shameless advertising for him.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
My list
ACE COMBAT 5
Half life series
kotor
longest journey and dreamfall
and for some reason...midtown madness 2 (i loved the multiplayer)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
has to be

Halo
Counter Strike
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Zelda

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I thought Farenheit was a nice new spin on the survival horror/thriller series.

Also Dragon age origins is fulfilling all my epic fantasy needs.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I remember when I got the first metal gear solid, I was so hooked I couldn't be bothered to go to school! just sat and played
so yeah, great memories of that!

I love the Half life games, and nearly wet myself when I finally got to play a great batman in arkham asylum!

Others...

Resident evil
Bioshock
revenge of shinobi

Asassins creed 2 was bloody good aswell!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I might be alone here, but I really enjoyed Fable! thought it was great, and another mention has to go to Dead rising, it was very fun, Dawn of the dead style!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Easy for me

Indigo Prophecy. And the best part about it, Heavy Rain will be out in 2 days. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Will I have a new number 1?

number 2 goes to Final Fantasy 7
number 3 goes to Counterstrike

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
EQ was fun while it lasted... I was in the beta, and even started a successful guild there, but after about 6 months, it was time to move on...

Goldeneye 64 was a great game, and I STILL have an N64 hooked up to a tv in the guestroom, just for playing this game. It also brings to mind the N64 controller, which was way ahead of i's time, and definitely poised to make a comeback.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm a tremendous fan of the Sam and Max series. For anyone that frequents ATS and/or BTS, you would be a fool to not jump into the series. It's a conspiracy related, sleuth, comedy sitcom broken into ten dollar episodes that take about 5-6 hours to beat a piece.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Have to add one more......

Contra.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join