It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite video game of all time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Completely forgot one...

Ultima Online

The best MMORPG ever (well back in its prime). Never been so addicted to a game in my life. Anyone else play this back when it first came out? (97', 98', 99'ish) Good times hiding on the east Britain path waiting for unsuspecting victims.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
resident evil 2. that game's the truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Re2 was probably the best resident evil ofthem all.

great story, amazing music, amazing setting...sooooo scary.

I wish they remade it, like they did with the REmake.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Civilization

Hands-down.

Currently it's up to Civilization IV, which IMHO, is the best of the lot so far, but the franchise as a whole has logged more hours of my time, for more years, than all other games combined. The sheer epic scale of the game spanning thousands of years, the opportunity to lead an entire nation from the days of pre-history, the opportunity to dominate the world... It's got it all.

However, I suspect that Spore might become a serious contender in the near future.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Hancock
Ooooh! And CONTRA.

So cool.

One of my favorites!!!! This game holds a special place in my heart as it was the first game I ever saved up and bought with my own money!
CONTRA Rules!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I am certainly going to catch
for this but.....I have never palyed a final fantasy game in my life

I would have to say that I like to relax and jam out to grand theft auto for hours. I could smash cars and jump motorcycles for hours.

Call of Duty 4 was Ok.. I didn't expect to beat it in a couple hours

I know, I know.... move along dork.

moving along....

This was pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Never ever played a Final Fantasy game and the GTA series is probably my most fav set of games ever. The only games I've ever pre-ordered have been GTA: SA and I just paid off the rest of GTA 4 today. Can't wait!

I haven't completed CoD4 yet but that's mainly because I mostly play online.

I'm morally opposed WoW but I still play that too, it's fairly fun if you're not one of those WoW-addicts and it takes over your entire life.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This might sound silly, but Brawl is already my favorite game of all-time, though I can think of a few ways to improve it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Civilization

Hands-down.

Did you ever play Alpha Centauri? That was a bit of an interesting addition to those games. I remember my basic tactic was always to fast tech and get all the mind worm units and crush everyone else with them. followed by lots of the good fliers which never had to land. Oh yes, fun, fun game.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Did you ever play Alpha Centauri? That was a bit of an interesting addition to those games. I remember my basic tactic was always to fast tech and get all the mind worm units and crush everyone else with them. followed by lots of the good fliers which never had to land. Oh yes, fun, fun game.

I hadn't tried it yet, actually. Truth be told, I've just done normal games. I can't believe I've had Civ4 since it came out and not yet tried any of the Scenarios. I'll have to try that out. How were the others, like Gods?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
BATTLEFIELD 2142 is hands down THE best game created so far. And its quite difficult for me to say that being the massive nintendo freak that I am but no other game has taken such a large ammount of my time (over 700 hours in just under two years so far) or given me as much satisfaction because about ten of my good mates play aswell so there is always someone on.

the scope and scale of the battles
the choice of role, kit, weapons, vehicles and 64 player....don't get any better than that.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I hadn't tried it yet, actually. Truth be told, I've just done normal games. I can't believe I've had Civ4 since it came out and not yet tried any of the Scenarios. I'll have to try that out. How were the others, like Gods?

No idea, Civ 2 bored me a bit , then Centauri had better graphics (at the time) and not long after that I discovered C&C and turn based strategy felt a bit boring after that.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
No idea, Civ 2 bored me a bit , then Centauri had better graphics (at the time) and not long after that I discovered C&C and turn based strategy felt a bit boring after that.

Oh, by all means, check out Civ4. It's a much different approach to the game while remaining true to the spirit of the original game. Now they've included things like religions, corporations, and rather than choosing a specific government, like "communism" or something, you discover "Civics Options" with certain technologies, and choose your civics accordingly to create the government you want.

I know what you mean about the "boring sequels," and felt the same about 2 and 3... But in 4, there's countless other changes that really re-invigorated the series and made it feel like a whole new game, but still Civ.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Starsiege Tribes. Best team play game ever in my opinion. In fact there are quite a few people who still play it now.
Second would be Tribes 2
Then Team Fortress 2.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
With out a worry in my mind the Half-Life series in the best for the computer.So thats HL1, HL2 Ep1 and Ep2.
For console the Legend of Zelda series is the best.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Hancock
Anyone remember Rush'n Attack for NES?

I Remember that in Arcade. That was crazy fun...

Im going to put my vote in for World of Warcraft as my fav,

and then Age of Empires I and II

Peace

[edit on 29-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64).
"This is the masterpiece that people will still be talking about ten years down the road. - gamespot.com" Yep, a masterpeice alright.

Battlefield 1942 with Desert Combat .7 or .8 final mod. Pitty, noone plays it anymore, because it kicks Battlefield 2s ASS 100 fold. If BF1942 was Desert Combat .8f when it came out I bet 100% it would of gotten 10/10.

Morrowind had an awsome everything for its time. Much better than the POS we now know as Oblivion. MORROWIND FTW.

I hate the new pile of $h17 games that are never more than 70 hours long. FFS.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Honestly, I've got to say that my favorite game is Guitar Hero...I know this sounds like just another kid bragging about his new game, but I'm completely serious. If you have any talent whatsoever on this game, you can keep getting better and better. Unlike other games that have an "end," this game never gets old, as you can play people online too

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333
Unlike other games that have an "end," this game never gets old, as you can play people online too

Really? After like the 50th time hearing the same song over and over again it just lost its appeal.

I think future installments of the franchise will get better and better as more downloadable content becomes available, but the biggest problem on the existing ones is that there's many songs I never heard of on there, don't particularly like when I hear them, certainly not enough to sit and listen to them as often as I'd need to to get good at them, and definitely not enough to play them over and over and over till I could get 5 stars.

I'd love to see an all "Classic Rock" with great guitar classics, like Jessica, Frankenstein, and Hocus Pocus... and of course the likes of Rush, Queen, Led Zeppelin (even though I hate LZ as people for being thieves of their more creative betters, the had decent taste in what they stole).

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Have you heard that there's an Aerosmith version coming out?
And I've played the songs many, many times and they haven't gotten old for me...but maybe that's because I have just about all the songs possible.(downloaded, bought, unlocked...etc)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by louiekid333

Wow, that must have been incredibly expensive! A friend of mine downloaded new content for Rock Band and paid something like $50 for something like 5 songs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a hella fun game, but many of the songs themselves I just didn't like much to begin with. I've hated the toadies ever since Possum Kingdom was overplayed on the radio one billion too many times.

I really like Rush, but I just don't know that I could play "The Trees" more than about 20 times before I was ready to find something else to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join