It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite video game of all time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I always liked aeris' theme the best.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oblivion's a damn good game, not sure it's my most favourite of all time though.
Resi Evil 1 + 2 were freakin' awesome as was MGS1.
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 is amazing.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
UGH?!

another MGS fan?

come on man.

come on..

all it was was sexual innuendos, a guy that was ripped out of a bad Kurt Russel movie, a floating bondage guy, and a bizarre cyborg with a desire for odd S&M

Hurt me...morree!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

And, another MGS fan. Though personally I like the third one most. Customisable camo is so fun.

Though my favourite on PS2 was Zone of the Enders. Also made by Konami, but it had, IMO a great soundtrack, and for a game whose objective is to kill every enemy in sight, has a storyline centered on a basic message of "you know, there are other things beside killing"

For PC, it would have to be the Dawn of War games, can't name a specific one. IMO the best RTS games followed closely by Red Alert 1 and 2.

One game for the PC though I won't forget is Transport Tycoon, for a weird premise it sure is addictive, 13 years after it was originally made.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Zone of enders was awesome.

Can't deny that.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
the 2 fallout games are my faves.hope bethesda doesn't screw the pooch with the 3rd one..hopes aren't high though,i thought oblivion was a trainwreck.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'd also have to go with FF 7.
Great story,great characters.

Final Fantasy 7 - Tribute to the greatest game of all time

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger

FF7

its that simple

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
FF6 was much better then FF7.

sorry. I know thats unpopular to say.

FF7 sold more, but everything aboutff6 besides its graphics were better. ff7 comes in just a fraction of an inch behind though. Both were the highest points of the ff series

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My friend just had a Super Smash Bros Brawl party... that game is so ridiculously fun. We couldn't stop playing for hours.

oh, and btw FF3 for SNES is the best game ever made... piece of art.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am certainly going to catch
for this but.....I have never palyed a final fantasy game in my life

I would have to say that I like to relax and jam out to grand theft auto for hours. I could smash cars and jump motorcycles for hours.

Call of Duty 4 was Ok.. I didn't expect to beat it in a couple hours

I know, I know.... move along dork.

moving along....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

That game sucks..Reminds me of the movie war games. Would you like to play a game of thermonuclear war? Cool movie - the game is better.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

GTA is a gem of gaming, just because it crosses all realms. people whether they are casual gamers or hardcore, love beating up hookers.

They should've renamed it the Ted Kennedy Experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
FF7 had a complex character design. They were very detailed and had a reason for having the attitude they did. The whole game was practically about overcoming horrible events.

As for emo, doesn't the main character in ff6 try to kill himself?

The main character in ff6 was female
Either it's Terra or Celes(that is a whole nuther debate though
) Cloud is the original EMO.

The best RPG of all time isn't even on the console. It's an old Interplay title called Darklands. Hardest RPG I've ever played. Much hard than the original final fantasy definately.

The GTA series is awesome as well. I can't wait for GTA4 to come out!

Best sim game isn't even out yet, Spore FTW!

Best fighting game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl!!! Insanely fun game.

Best racing game is Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

Best Platformer Super Mario Brothers

Best Sports game NHL '98(No one can beat me at that game, believe me they've tried).

Best RTS STARCRAFT!

Best MMORPG None, they all suck balls. WoW is the best outta that heap of garbage.

And yeah, the best FF is FF6.

The best theme to a FF game is from 4.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by sardion2000]

[edit on 14-3-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Darklands was fun to play but there was no depth to the story line at all. Was there even a story line? haha its hard to remember, but still fun, and yes, hard to play.

GTA is obviously a great game, I spent countless hours resisting arrest on a sportsbike in my video game days... ahh good times

Lets not forget Road Rash on Sega.. there is still not another game that lets you beat down other bikers with a chain, or bat, or crowbar for that matter.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The point of Darklands wasn't to tell a yarn, it attempted(and succeeded) telling the story of Revelations in realistic Germanic setting.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Lets not forget Road Rash on Sega.. there is still not another game that lets you beat down other bikers with a chain, or bat, or crowbar for that matter.

qft,road rash was a great game..the sound effects made it.topping a rise and hearing those sirens coming in was just too cool.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Super Mario 3 is my favorite video game of all time, with a close second being Einhander for PS1

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Final fantasy VII was a lot of fun.

SuperMario Kart was a ball with the fourway. Samething with Goldeneye. That game brought FPS to a new level. My freshman year in college I spend 94% of my time playing both of these games.

But I guess for just hours of enjoyment it probably has to be Socom 2. There were better Socom games, but that one always has a spot in my heart.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Anyone remember Rush'n Attack for NES?

That was my favorite.

Ooooh! And CONTRA.

So cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join